Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-24-2006, 02:45 PM   #16
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Mihm does have value, which is why he's involved in most of the trades we make up. Cook might not be as good but everyone knows what he can do.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:54 PM   #17
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
If you're trying to suggest that Chris Mihm is as good as Diop/Dampier, then you aren't as rational as I thought.

I am thinking like a GM. I'm realistic. Try it.

Mihm is much better than Diop. diop is no better than Bynum at this stage. Dampier is nothing but a grossly overpaid big-body who an barely make it up and down the court. He was paid for one reason...to stop Shaq. Well, he and the rest of the Mavs failed miserably (surprising no one).

Having said that, Mihm would be the Mavs back-up center...and would probably see more playing time than Dampier against the smaller, faster teams (Suns).
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:35 PM   #18
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Mihm is much better than Diop. diop is no better than Bynum at this stage. Dampier is nothing but a grossly overpaid big-body who an barely make it up and down the court. He was paid for one reason...to stop Shaq. Well, he and the rest of the Mavs failed miserably (surprising no one).

Having said that, Mihm would be the Mavs back-up center...and would probably see more playing time than Dampier against the smaller, faster teams (Suns).

You obviously know nothing about the Mavs and Avery Johnson.

You're still stuck in the Nellie mindset. Avery is all about D and Diop and Dampier are two of the best defensive C's in the league.

You can go take this to the main board and people will tell you that Diop>Mihm.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:15 PM   #19
KBTwoFour
Athletic Park Baller

Thumbs down Mavsfan is going too far lately

Quote:

You're still stuck in the Nellie mindset. Avery is all about D and Diop and Dampier are two of the best defensive C's in the league.

And you obviously have been drinking from the Home Teams' Drinking Fountain too much. Diop and Dampier are two of the best defensive C's in the league once your cross off (not talking about contract $$$)...

Alonzo M.
Dalember
Camby
Shaq
Ben Wallace
Tim Duncan
Yao
Dwight Howard
Kwame (yes he is, and don't hate)
and thats off the top of my head.

And Mihm is right there with Diop. How can you say those two Mav's C's are that good when they are addicted to early foul trouble. How can a center like those two goofs play any quality defense for any length of time if they have to keep their hands in their pockets because they've picked up early fouls?

Maybe Mihm isnt better but he's not a far drop off. Although, Mihm's value has to be better than Diop's and Dampier's, simply because 1) he's a better scorer than both (especially Diop) and 2) his contract isn't overwhelming. I know Mihm is prone to early foul trouble too, but its just sad that you believe that Avery can make those guys into anything more than what they displayed in last years playoffs.

Please take your bandwagon game to the Mav's forum, "where dreams really DO come true"

Anyone else bored with mavsfan already?
KBTwoFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:18 PM   #20
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:

true that Dampier is a defensive C. Diop had a couple decent games last year. but he is not one "of the best" at anything. The most that can be said is that he has potential. Mihm is not as good D as Dampier, but MUCH better O.
I think the Mavs are on the right track...they did make it to the Championship for the first time in their storied 25 year history.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:21 PM   #21
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
i like the idea. but does mitch know about it. you know, sometimes, I wonder what laker managment is doing just sitting there???

anways, I like the deal alot. we get rid of players we dont need. we also get an expirer in brevin i think. the addition of bonzi will provide us with scoring and aggressivness in the backcourt or frontcourt depending on where he plays.

maybe a lineup like this would work

kobe
bonzi
radman
odom
kwame

or

brevin
kobe
radman
odom
kwame

or

brevin
kobe
bonzi
odom
kwame

i doubt mitch is after bonzi though, i think the harrington is the last piece we're goin after...if it fails, expect our team to stay the same

Bonzi Wells won't work well with the Los Angeles Lakers. His attitude is a question and he'll be more of a role player rather than a star. He got frustrated with the Portland Trailblazers and called the fans of the Portland Trailblazers out.

With the Sacramento Kings, Bonzi Wells was more a of star player putting up star statistics. Think about this hotsizzle; if Bonzi Wells was a star player putting up star statistics, why do you think the Sacramento Kings are not willing to sign him??? Surely if he's that good, they would've re-signed him right??? Signing Bonzi Wells would be a long shot and is probably the furthest free-agents from the minds of the managemetn of the Los Angeles Lakers.

The truth of the matter is this, every offseason, almost every free agent is rumored to be going to the Los Angeles Lakers, and nothing happens.

Th roster that the Los Angeles Lakers have now is probably what the Los Angeles Lakers are going to training camp with. Don't believe the hype, there's nothing else the Los Angeles Lakers will do. Right now, I think they're pretty much focused on training camp.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:50 PM   #22
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTwoFour
And you obviously have been drinking from the Home Teams' Drinking Fountain too much. Diop and Dampier are two of the best defensive C's in the league once your cross off (not talking about contract $$$)...

Alonzo M.
Dalember
Camby
Shaq
Ben Wallace
Tim Duncan
Yao
Dwight Howard
Kwame (yes he is, and don't hate)
and thats off the top of my head.

And Mihm is right there with Diop. How can you say those two Mav's C's are that good when they are addicted to early foul trouble. How can a center like those two goofs play any quality defense for any length of time if they have to keep their hands in their pockets because they've picked up early fouls?

Maybe Mihm isnt better but he's not a far drop off. Although, Mihm's value has to be better than Diop's and Dampier's, simply because 1) he's a better scorer than both (especially Diop) and 2) his contract isn't overwhelming. I know Mihm is prone to early foul trouble too, but its just sad that you believe that Avery can make those guys into anything more than what they displayed in last years playoffs.

Please take your bandwagon game to the Mav's forum, "where dreams really DO come true"

yup. I think I've had his back long enuf. I'm done defending his nonsense.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:54 PM   #23
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

He cant go to the Mavs forum they barely have any new posts/threads.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:05 PM   #24
KBTwoFour
Athletic Park Baller

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
He cant go to the Mavs forum they barely have any new posts/threads.

Ha, ha, thats priceless. Hey mavsfan, see above:stupid:
KBTwoFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:06 PM   #25
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Bonzi Wells won't work well with the Los Angeles Lakers. His attitude is a question and he'll be more of a role player rather than a star. He got frustrated with the Portland Trailblazers and called the fans of the Portland Trailblazers out.

With the Sacramento Kings, Bonzi Wells was more a of star player putting up star statistics. Think about this hotsizzle; if Bonzi Wells was a star player putting up star statistics, why do you think the Sacramento Kings are not willing to sign him??? Surely if he's that good, they would've re-signed him right??? Signing Bonzi Wells would be a long shot and is probably the furthest free-agents from the minds of the managemetn of the Los Angeles Lakers.

The truth of the matter is this, every offseason, almost every free agent is rumored to be going to the Los Angeles Lakers, and nothing happens.

Th roster that the Los Angeles Lakers have now is probably what the Los Angeles Lakers are going to training camp with. Don't believe the hype, there's nothing else the Los Angeles Lakers will do. Right now, I think they're pretty much focused on training camp.

Don't be a buzz-kill LR. There is still work to be done on our roster. We have trading pieces. And we can at least hold out hope (however futile) that Mitch & Co are trying to do something.
The reason SacQueens are not willing to resign Bonzi is that they are not willing to go over the luxury cap to keep him. they like him. the fans like him...esp after his playoff performance where he carried that team.
His Trailblazer days are way behind him...and that was a screwed up team...he is much more mature.
I think he would be a solid #2 option for us...as long as we are not paying him $10m per ($7m would be a good number, but he is looking for more).
Old 08-24-2006, 06:13 PM   #26
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:

This means so much coming from a Laker fan.

Alonzo M.-Yes
Dalember-at best he's equal defensively to Diop(when healthy). Nice try.
Camby-Yes
Shaq- 2000 was 6 years ago
Ben Wallace-Yes
Tim Duncan-not a C. Nice Try.
Yao-He's a decent shot blocker but he's not a great overall defender. Nice try.
Dwight Howard-not a C. Nice Try.
Kwame (yes he is, and don't hate) And I'm drinking from the "Hometeam Drinking Fountain"? Funny how a guy can be a bust throughout his whole career and as soon as he becomes a Laker, he's one of the best C's in the league. Looks like my "Home team Drinking Fountain" spilled over into this forum

Quote:

Watch a Mavs game before you start spewing crap that makes no sense. They get into foul trouble against guys like Shaq, Tim Duncan and Boris Diaw.

Go bring this up in the main forum and you'll see that people other then Mavs fans will tell you that Diop/Dampier are far better defenders then Chris Mihm.

Quote:

If he has so much value, then why is it that he can't make it off the bench for a 7th seed team?

Rasho Nesterovich is a better scorer then Diop too so that must mean he has more value. I wonder why the Spurs couldn't get Diop/Dampier for him?

Diop makes a little more then ONE million a year for the Mavs. A starting C with great D for a million dollars is far better value then a backup C on a team fighting to make the playoffs.

Quote:

That suppose to be funny?
Quote:

Anyone else? You spent a good 20 minutes writing out that response and you're bored?
Old 08-24-2006, 06:17 PM   #27
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Bet you got a lot of time being on the Lakers forum and replying to every post on every thread being a Mavs fan dont you?
Old 08-24-2006, 06:18 PM   #28
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Bet you got a lot of time being on the Lakers forum and replying to every post on every thread being a Mavs fan dont you?

Da **** you talkin about? You go and post in every single forum on this board and you're trying to call me out?

Get outa hea punk.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:24 PM   #29
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Why dont you boy? Atleast I go around other forums posting the right stuff and not crap in every damn forum. Dont be talkin smack.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:27 PM   #30
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Da **** you talkin about? You go and post in every single forum on this board and you're trying to call me out?

Get outa hea punk.

mavsfan, you are quickly becoming one of those who is "not worth responding to".
I've had your back because I appreciate your dose of reality-check on all this silly folks who over-value their players.
Now you've become disrespectful. What's worse, you've become like the others...not taking your own reality-check (see your comment on Diop).
later.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: