Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 05:27 PM   #31
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman
 
mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,656
mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Why dont you boy? Atleast I go around other forums posting the right stuff and not crap in every damn forum. Dont be talkin smack.

Its only "crap" to you because you don't agree with it. If someone doesn't agree that every Laker is a HOF bound and that every year they're championship contenders, they're automatically labeled a hater or they don't know "crap".

Rational thinking. Try it.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:30 PM   #32
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09
 
kobedaman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 3,354
kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Its only "crap" to you because you don't agree with it. If someone doesn't agree that every Laker is a HOF bound and that every year they're championship contenders, they're automatically labeled a hater or they don't know "crap".

Rational thinking. Try it.
Yeah exactly its disagreeing with things, but not every single thing.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:42 PM   #33
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,046
Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default

if you think that posting in the main forum will make the mavs fans reply than why are they not so much active in there own forum...stop trolling our forum dude....i guess this guy is useless and why are you so much intrested in lakers forum anyways?
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:58 PM   #34
KBTwoFour
Athletic Park Baller
 
KBTwoFour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 37
KBTwoFour has no real reputation yet.
Thumbs down Mavsfan, nothing but iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Da **** you talkin about? You go and post in every single forum on this board and you're trying to call me out?

Get outa hea punk.

This guy is amazing. Apparently he gets his Home Drinking Water from a long river in Egypt called De-nile.

If Dwight Howard isnt a center then I don't know what coach K is doing playing him at that position this summer against the world. D. Howard is a beast and is getting bigger by the month. He's not versatile enough like Bosh to be a PF-nice try

*On a Side Note*:And Duncan is technically a center depending on the lineup (even Yahoo Fantasy recognizes Duncan in the Center position, brutal analysis again )

Besides Dwight, your analysis was to be expected. Down grading and one sided from the start. I have seen Mav's games, in fact I watched every single one I could during these past playoffs, including games during the regular season against the purple and gold (COUGH Kobe 61 through 3 quarters,solid D). You know what I found...A crying dampier who can't play any other year like its his CONTRACT year on the Warriors. Diop, please, talk about a guy that was given up on. The Cavs couldnt see fit to have a GREAT 7'0" DEFENSIVE BEAST with a $1 Million salary to back up big Ilgauskas? You've got to be joking comparing Kwame to a slow afoot and darn near incapable Center like Diop. Yeah, his D helped the Mavs in the middle a little during the playoffs, but your team wouldn't have gotten past San Antonio without your stellar offense. Don't even talk about how the Grizzlies rolled over and died, not because of Diops smothering D coming off the bench, yeah, thats what put the Grizzlies to sleep.

I'll admit, Kwame is not the second coming of Shaq 2000 by any stretch of the imagination, but Diop and Dampier's defense shouldn't be your standpoint for what a quality defensive center should be or strive to be for that matter. One thing I can tell you is Kwame will be much better than Diop and Dampier in '07 AND he'll only take up 1 measly roster spot instead of two Foul Prone spots. I can't wait to see who they throw out there as the 3rd string center behind those magicians.

Someone start a thread asking whether or not any Lakers fans would take Diop &/or Dampier for Kwame/Bynum, Kwame/Mihm, Kwame/(dare I say) Cook in a trade straight up, if it could happen, while comparing Defense first and Offense second, in terms of importance, of course. I predict an overwhelming response infavor of the any of those three Laker tandems, pick any one you like. And if you want to slam Lakers fans for possibly being homers then...even in the general forums it'll still be a majority.

And, why do people flame on posts that take more than a few minutes to type? I'm beginning to get why you covet shorter returned responses & their superior overall class in comparison, thanks for the eye opener. Go Mavs.

Last edited by KBTwoFour : 08-24-2006 at 06:03 PM.
KBTwoFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:12 PM   #35
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman
 
bleedinpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC & Phoenix
Posts: 1,982
bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default

I'll post that question in the general forum.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:28 PM   #36
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09
 
kobedaman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 3,354
kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
if you think that posting in the main forum will make the mavs fans reply than why are they not so much active in there own forum...stop trolling our forum dude....i guess this guy is useless and why are you so much intrested in lakers forum anyways?
Im telling you bro he has no other place to go. The Mavs forum just sucks no new views or posts or anything.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:53 PM   #37
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman
 
bleedinpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC & Phoenix
Posts: 1,982
bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Im telling you bro he has no other place to go. The Mavs forum just sucks no new views or posts or anything.

I think he was kicked out of the Mavs forum, weak as it is, for being ill mannered.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:05 PM   #38
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,857
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

Anyways we wont see much of him when hotsizzle becomes mod.

Hotsizzle u should delete all his posts
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:16 PM   #39
KBTwoFour
Athletic Park Baller
 
KBTwoFour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 37
KBTwoFour has no real reputation yet.
Default

Well it looks like Mavs fan has gone to the General Forums because of his boring forum and he is now believing that I got owned because me and bleedinpurple started a thread about whether Kwame/Mihm was better than Diop/Dampier. Apparently, I got owned by the majority (which is still kind of shady on the results) of a bunch of clueless Mav's fans still high on their squeaking past the Spurs/Suns.

Theres no way to prove it, because he's a goofy mavs fan. Lakers Fans know who's better and what the truth is about the comparison between the two. As always, still waiting for a championship to make its way to dallas. As long as Cuban runs that team, they aren't winning it, thats for sure. Thank the Bball gods for that one.
KBTwoFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:27 PM   #40
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 253
Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
If you're trying to suggest that Chris Mihm is as good as Diop/Dampier, then you aren't as rational as I thought.

I am thinking like a GM. I'm realistic. Try it.
Dampier and Diop spell the word trash think rational dont throw those names out like their any good. Mihm has more offense then them combine. How much is Dampier making and what are his numbers? Damn you thought you would have learned from Fortson! Some teams arnt capable of winning Rings and Dallas is one of them. Mavsringlessfor life!
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:18 AM   #41
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star
 
*LAKERS_3_PETE*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sin City!
Posts: 1,168
*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
assuming he goes to the Pacers, what's left? Let me propose the following.

To Bobcats (who need to add contracts, but not long-term older players):
Mihm, Cook, Sasha, McKie, 1st or 2nd round pick (expiring contracts, professionalism in McKie and backcourt depth)

To Lakers:
Bonzi (via S&T, he may have to stay w Charlotte for a few months)
Brevin Knight (Bobcats want to accomodate him by sending to contender, plus they want to start Felton).

I think the math works if Bonzi is getting $7 or $8per.


After the on and off AL HARRINGTON debacle with the pacers it would be wiser for the lakers to stand pat with their roster atleast until the trade deadline when teams lobbying for playoff position gets a little more desperate and are put in a situation to make a trade for a big therefore getting a better player is a possibility. Although bonzi and brevin would be definite upgrades to our roster but having mitch at the helm we know to expect that nothing will get done like usual, besides signing maurice evans (kobe's back-up at SG) and shammond williams (backing-up smush at PG) are much cheaper on their payroll and have already added dept to our bench.

Last edited by *LAKERS_3_PETE* : 08-25-2006 at 09:27 AM.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:03 AM   #42
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman
 
mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,656
mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTwoFour
Well it looks like Mavs fan has gone to the General Forums because of his boring forum and he is now believing that I got owned because me and bleedinpurple started a thread about whether Kwame/Mihm was better than Diop/Dampier. Apparently, I got owned by the majority (which is still kind of shady on the results) of a bunch of clueless Mav's fans still high on their squeaking past the Spurs/Suns.

Theres no way to prove it, because he's a goofy mavs fan. Lakers Fans know who's better and what the truth is about the comparison between the two. As always, still waiting for a championship to make its way to dallas. As long as Cuban runs that team, they aren't winning it, thats for sure. Thank the Bball gods for that one.

No rational fans OF OTHER TEAMS agree with your assesment, so you go to the typical Laker fan rant:

"Well we Laker fans know whats true, because everyone else is just haters. Its perfectly rational to claim that Kobe is the best player in the league because he has ****ty teammates yet he's still able to take them to the playoffs, but then turn around and claim that we have a top 5 swingman in Lamar Odom and a pair of C's that are better then most, including two that started for the WC champion. We Laker fans like to have it both ways. Heck we like to have it every way. I mean our franchise has 14 championships, of course everyone is jealous and will never admit that our team is always destined for a title. We have some of the best players in the league and their value is so high that we're always in the running to get players like KG, Al Harrington, Ron Artest and just about every other superstar in the league. Mavs fans like him are just jealous because they can't win championships like us. Whatever he says doesn't count because, Lakers=14 championships and Mavs=0

GO KOBE GO LAKERS CHAMPIONSHIP BABY "



mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #43
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman
 
bleedinpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC & Phoenix
Posts: 1,982
bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LAKERS_3_PETE*
After the on and off AL HARRINGTON debacle with the pacers it would be wiser for the lakers to stand pat with their roster atleast until the trade deadline when teams lobbying for playoff position gets a little more desperate and are put in a situation to make a trade for a big therefore getting a better player is a possibility. Although bonzi and brevin would be definite upgrades to our roster but having mitch at the helm we know to expect that nothing will get done like usual, besides signing maurice evans (kobe's back-up at SG) and shammond williams (backing-up smush at PG) are much cheaper on their payroll and have already added dept to our bench.

I agree in general. Evans & Williams are an inexpensive upgrade (hopefully) and we didn't lock ourselves into long-term commitments, which we would have to do to get Bonzi. No doubt, Bonzi would be a risk.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:39 PM   #44
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman
 
bleedinpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC & Phoenix
Posts: 1,982
bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTwoFour
Well it looks like Mavs fan has gone to the General Forums because of his boring forum and he is now believing that I got owned because me and bleedinpurple started a thread about whether Kwame/Mihm was better than Diop/Dampier. Apparently, I got owned by the majority (which is still kind of shady on the results) of a bunch of clueless Mav's fans still high on their squeaking past the Spurs/Suns.

Theres no way to prove it, because he's a goofy mavs fan. Lakers Fans know who's better and what the truth is about the comparison between the two. As always, still waiting for a championship to make its way to dallas. As long as Cuban runs that team, they aren't winning it, thats for sure. Thank the Bball gods for that one.

You are right that the general forum was mostly mavs fans, but I thought it came out fairly evenly.

Interesting that certain mavs fans act like their center tandum carried them thru the playoffs. In truth, those centers did little except occupy the paint, block a few shots...and that's fine because that's all they were expected to do. but you could have thrown in most any 7-footer to do that job. No, that team was carried first by Jason Terry, second by Dirk, third by Howard.

I disagree however with respect to Cuban. I think it's because of cuban that they have gotten this far. Cuban is an owner who will buy the championship, by hell or high water. Mavs fans should be psyched he is the owner.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 05:53 AM   #45
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,857
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
but then turn around and claim that we have a top 5 swingman in Lamar Odom and a pair of C's that are better then most, including two that started for the WC champion.
GO KOBE GO LAKERS CHAMPIONSHIP BABY "




Whoa man relax noobody said We thought lamar was a top 5 or chris was better than most...we thought chris was good, and that lamar can be great. thats all...since u mentioned our ****ty teammates and how we still made the playoffs imagine how good they can be if Kwame and lamar and Luke reach their full potential. I also forgot to mentiion Turiaf, and Bynum too.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy