Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 06-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Switching Picks with Orlando?

http://trailblazerscentercourt.blogs...em-we-got.html

So, I've read this at more than one place now, so I'm not sure if its rumor or just the idea off blogs, but there is talks of Portland trading its 3 2nd rounders for Orlando's 22nd pick, because Orlando wants more pieces than just the 22nd pick. Blazers could either keep the 22nd pick in this case, or combine it with the #13 and move up to #6 or so (which is the Knicks pick).

I for one don't cherish 2nd rounders other than for combining them to trade for better pieces, so I support this trade. Others?
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:31 AM   #2
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Switching Picks with Orlando?

Yeah I think this would be an awesome move to try and abtain a good PG. We have a lot of talented players, and I don't think any second rounders would be better than what we have. I support.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:24 AM   #3
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I think it is a very smart move by KP if he does that. We are already stacked with young talent and we dont have any roster spots for all those 2nd rounders.

How high could we move up with #13 & #22?

Hopefully high enough to get one of these pg's Bayless/Mayo/Gordon

Cant wait til draft day. KP has me on the edge of my seat.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:36 AM   #4
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
How high could we move up with #13 & #22?

Hopefully high enough to get one of these pg's Bayless/Mayo/Gordon

I think it is very reasonable to potentially get #6 (maybe add Jack to get it done?)

I'm not big on Mayo or Gordon with our team. They are both very talented, but neither are the type of players we need. I would love to have Bayless, but I think he is going top 4. Maybe we'd get lucky and get the #6 without adding Jack, then we could pair #6 with Jack to move up to #4.

Of course, that is becoming more and more unlikely, because that is on the assumption that Orlando makes the initial trade, then the Knicks make the #6 for #13 & #22, then the Sonics make #4 for Jack and #6. But who knows, KP may be able to convince teams that it would be good for them.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:01 AM   #5
Renegade
I hit open layups

Renegade has an OK reputation so far

Orlando was 52-30 last year winning their division and made it to the second round by beating the Raptors in five. It is extremely difficult to believe they are interested in multiple pieces during the draft. More likely they are looking to add one or possibly two key role players. The 22nd pick would seem to provide that.

This rumor is very difficult to believe (much less the Blazers moving from 13 to 6 to 4 and only losing Jack and second round picks). Pipedream my friends.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:22 AM   #6
Myth

I even expressed it was unlikely.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #7
Myth

Oh, and I was just checking the links from the article and found this from the Orlando Sentinal that apparently started much of this rumor:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...aft-cam-2.html
Old 06-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #8
Renegade
I hit open layups

... or maybe they are viewing one of our guards as that role player instead of the pick ???
Old 06-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #9
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

The reason this trade is believable is because Orlando's bench is bad and they have nothing at the 2. You add three 2nd rounders in this draft, which is going to be a deep draft. We are going to have guys in the second round that would usually be mid-late first rounders. This would be a smart move by both teams because Portland could go get that PG with the #13 and the SF or C with the #22
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #10
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.

I can see Orlando interested in this with the possible inclusion of either Jack (they need a defensive guard to complement Jameer Nelson) or Frye. They were really lacking in big men in the playoffs. Picks 13 and 22 might be enough for us to trade up to 5, with Memphis.......after all they traded Gasol for cap space and Gasol's brother.....oh yeah, and Crittenton.
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:19 PM   #11
Renegade
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
I can see Orlando interested in this with the possible inclusion of either Jack (they need a defensive guard to complement Jameer Nelson) or Frye. They were really lacking in big men in the playoffs.

This makes much more sense.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: