Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #16
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Raptors Draft

Quote:
To Toronto
#13 pick
#33 pick
#36 Pick
#55 Pick
Channing Frye

To Portland
17th Pick
Jose Calderon

I would not do that simply because none of those picks will give you a player as good as Calderon. The Raptors need legit talent, not depth. Channing Frye is also barely tougher than Bargnani. I'd rather give minutes to Kris Humphries.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:18 PM   #17
Student
Serious playground baller

Student has an OK reputation so far

In his search for a draft choice, Bryan Colangelo has found something that might have an impact on who - and where - he chooses: a market for point guard T.J. Ford. As the run-up to the June 26 NBA draft began in earnest yesterday, with the first of several workout sessions at the Air Canada Centre for prospective picks, the Raptors president and general manager was juggling interest in Ford from a handful of teams, interest made known during last week's Orlando pre-draft camp. Whether that interest has a direct impact on Toronto's No.17 slot in the draft can't be ascertained right now. The possibility exists that Colangelo might want to package Ford with the pick or he might be able to address one of his team's needs in a trade rather than with the first-round selection. -- Toronto Star

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/NBA/article/436475

SHIP ONE FOR CASH

A team like Seattle, which owns four 2008 seconds, probably would ship one out for cash, or a Ford deal might include one.

Last season, the Raptors traded away this year's pick for Giorgos Printezis, a young big man who now is playing extremely well for Olympiakos in the Greek League finals, and went on to trade two more future seconds for guard Carlos Delfino.

http://torontosun.com/Sports/Basketb...64666-sun.html

Last edited by Student : 06-04-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 AM   #18
Student
Serious playground baller

Student has an OK reputation so far

Raps high on Lopez

Robin Lopez has long lived in the shadow of his highly touted twin brother and Stanford teammate Brook, but it appears the young seven-footer is ready to make an impression of his own. Lopez stood out yesterday as the Raptors, holders of the 17th pick at the June 26th NBA draft, held their second day of pre-draft workouts at the Air Canada Centre. Lopez showed his stuff alongside 7-foot-1 Ohio State freshman Kosta Koufos, 6-foot-10 California forward Ryan Anderson, 6-foot-11 Rider big man Jason Thompson, Gonzaga guard Jeremy Pargo and Michigan State guard Drew Neitzel. Both Koufos and Lopez have been bandied about as possibilities to be taken before the Raptors pick, so director of player personnel Jim Kelly was pleased that the duo travelled to do drills and scrimmage for the team. -- Toronto Sun

http://torontosun.com/Sports/Basketb...77131-sun.html
Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #19
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Nice to see he matched up well with somebody of the offensive skillset of Koufos.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #20
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

I like Robin Lopez he could help our defense a lot. He can get rebounds and block shots two of the things that the Raptors really need. I'd draft him at the 17th spot, if Batum and Greene aren't there to pick.

Looks like B.C is looking to get a second round pick from a team. Many of the players hes scouting are going to be in the second round of the draft.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:00 AM   #21
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
I like Robin Lopez he could help our defense a lot. He can get rebounds and block shots two of the things that the Raptors really need. I'd draft him at the 17th spot, if Batum and Greene aren't there to pick.

Looks like B.C is looking to get a second round pick from a team. Many of the players hes scouting are going to be in the second round of the draft.

I saw some extremely good footage of Joe Alexander yesterday...and I'm sold...he's the slashing/attcking type of SM who can rebound and play help defence the Raps need. He's the sleeper in this draft and I hope the Raps move up and take him. I hear he's also got the work horse type ethic and is very coachable. I hope we get him...but we'll have to move up into the 8-12 range somewhere.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:54 PM   #22
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I do not want to see Robin Lopez on the Raps. I would be haunted by images of Hoffa, Eric Montross, Alex Radojovic and Zan Tabak. I don't mean this at all in a racist way, but if we can stay away from the tall white centre this year, I would be pretty excited.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:01 AM   #23
kmart
No props needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I do not want to see Robin Lopez on the Raps. I would be haunted by images of Hoffa, Eric Montross, Alex Radojovic and Zan Tabak. I don't mean this at all in a racist way, but if we can stay away from the tall white centre this year, I would be pretty excited.

I dunno about that i mean Robin Lopez is just what the Raptors need. He is a big Physical post player who can get rebounds and block shots, he also has a lot of energy. I think he could help the Raptors a lot.

I still think we should get Donte Greene at the 17th spot in the draft. He is a very good shooter who is big in size. He could play the swingman position.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #24
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
I dunno about that i mean Robin Lopez is just what the Raptors need. He is a big Physical post player who can get rebounds and block shots, he also has a lot of energy. I think he could help the Raptors a lot.

I still think we should get Donte Greene at the 17th spot in the draft. He is a very good shooter who is big in size. He could play the swingman position.

Hoffa averaged like 18 and 9 his final season.....

Jason and Jarron Collins were productive twin C's from Stanford also.....productive at Standford.

I am afraid of Robin Lopez a Raptor. Why not just play Kris Humphry more then?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:31 PM   #25
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I am afraid of Robin Lopez a Raptor. Why not just play Kris Humphry more then?
Well Lopez does have 4 inches on Humphries which is a big difference but I'm with you overall. I don't like Robin Lopez and I hope this is just smokescreen hype.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:34 PM   #26
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Please oh god, not this guy. hes impressive and all but hes a tpye of player that wont improve...

theres many more talent to take.. that wouyld improve to a good plauyer
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:41 AM   #27
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

If someone ends up drafting Lopez somewhere before the Raptors at 17, I'm not going to feel bad at all. Being that any big man we get in this draft is a shot in the dark anyway, I'd much rather see the team grab an early-mid 2nd rounder to snag one of the many big bodies expected to be floating around after 30, and go the best available route at 17 with one of Batum, Rush, Budinger etc.

If it ends up that a TJ Ford/Corey Maggette swap goes down, I think Rush at 17 is even more of a perfect pick to shore up the future at the 2-guard, allowing BC to either let Delfino walk or include him in a minor trade.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #28
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
Please oh god, not this guy. hes impressive and all but hes a tpye of player that wont improve...

theres many more talent to take.. that wouyld improve to a good plauyer

You can't say he won't improve..lol Also any player at that pick that has that talent has a much higher bust factor. You could take a gem or a dud. I always take production over potential...b/c who knows what they will turn into 4years down the road. At least we know he's long and can rebound. We have enough scorers to get by. I wouldn't be mad if they picked Lopez at 17
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #29
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
You can't say he won't improve..lol Also any player at that pick that has that talent has a much higher bust factor. You could take a gem or a dud. I always take production over potential...b/c who knows what they will turn into 4years down the road. At least we know he's long and can rebound. We have enough scorers to get by. I wouldn't be mad if they picked Lopez at 17

nah.. im just saying he looks like a type of player that would be stable his whole career.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #30
kmart
No props needed

I think we should get Bill Walker in the second round. He is a very talented player. He just has injury problems at Kansas. If he wasn't injured I'm sure he would be a top ten pick in this years draft.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: