Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-31-2011, 11:38 PM   #211
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: the ultimate ish otc funk/soul/jazz thread

Check my James Brown thread.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:35 AM   #212
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Loving this album and Parlan's music in general. Can't believe I never knew about him considering he was born in Pittsburgh.

Baby Face Willette is another artist I've come to know and like a lot from listening to old Blue Note albums.

Recently DL'd this too thanks to a Questlove interview I watched:

Pure funk.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:58 AM   #213
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

thundercat - for love i come

cover of george duke's classic sampled by doom in 'i hear voices'

his album 'the golden age of the apocalypse' is "out there". fonkeh as hell, definitely worth checking out if you enjoy ^^^
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:47 AM   #214
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Listening to Wynton Marsalis From the Plantation to the Penitentiary right now.

Supercapitalism has incredible vocals
Brunch@Five is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:39 AM   #215
CrownTime
Can barely lace up my sneakers

CrownTime has not been impressing people

Download this compilation album- Katalyst Presents Dusted. Review below- it is ultimate listening after a smoke...

http://www.invadarecords.com/News.php?ID=00000075

Some of the artists include - The Meters, Labi Siffre, Marlena Shaw, Ramsey Lewis, McKay. Enjoy
CrownTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #216
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Any of you ISH heads familiar with Mingus' solo piano album?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHY2AMNnrFQ

This album is GREAT.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #217
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Any of you ISH heads familiar with Mingus' solo piano album?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHY2AMNnrFQ

This album is GREAT.

wow you're gay as shit
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #218
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

YEssirrr

I been on my Roy Ayers kick lately

Everybody loves the sunshine

Searchin

you send me

running away
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #219
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, I found that Mingus album on demonoid when I was randomly digging through different artists torrents. Great album.

Been listening to this a ton lately:

Angola, LA, & the 13th Amendment is incredible.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #220
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

it always makes my day when this thread is bumped

RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #221
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Been jamming some Tony Toni Tone lately.

There LP's Sons of Soul and House of Music are epic greatness.

I Couldn't Keep It To Myself
Leavin'
Lovin You
Still a man
Don't Fall In Love
Holy Smokes & Gee Whiz
Till Last Summer
Old 07-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #222
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Listened to Prince's Controversy album three times today. You cannot listen to the title track and not want to dance immediately.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:19 PM   #223
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Listened to Prince's Controversy album three times today. You cannot listen to the title track and not want to dance immediately.
Love that album, it's underrated. Always been a big fan of Annie Christan, shit is addicting. Punk/Funk.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #224
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Love that album, it's underrated. Always been a big fan of Annie Christan, shit is addicting. Punk/Funk.

I'm not too familiar with the album yet, I kind of zone out at times when I'm working and the music is just kinda 'there'. I kept putting the album back on hoping I'd pay attention more but it didn't happen. I'm picking around Prince's catalog recently. I actually thought the Controversy album was a different one, I got my Prince hits mixed up.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #225
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

ditto...

Annie Chistian
Lets Work
Controversy
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: