Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #31
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: the ultimate ish otc funk/soul/jazz thread

booty bump one of the better threads on this site
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #32
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Classic white boy funk:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=U_NEIbLpg5E

Chris Kenner - Something You Got ( of the LP) (this is some of the real old school New Orleans soul):

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=iHZtf8...eature=related

Bobby Womack - If You Think You're Lonely Now (with Richard Pryor in the audience, hehe):

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=ERu7Y365CIA
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:34 AM   #33
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm going to take over this thread.

The video of this Chris Jasper (w Isley & Isley) classic is so campy, but the song is so gorgeous:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=_ARl3dUyAyc
Old 09-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #34
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I'm going to take over this thread.

The video of this Chris Jasper (w Isley & Isley) classic is so campy, but the song is so gorgeous:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=_ARl3dUyAyc

hahaah that video is mad (no homo).

speaking of funk, check this synth+sax:

dexter wansel - theme from the planets

dizzzzzzope!

could i be more drunk right now? i think not
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:35 AM   #35
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i'm not going to let this f*cker die.

lamont dozier - the picture will never change

SUCH an epic track. lamont is a ! you may recognise a fragment as being used by alchemist for pharoahe monch's track 'desire'.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:38 AM   #36
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

I really like Grover Washington ... so smooth

Grover Washington Jr. - Just the two us
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #37
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Anyone like the Stylistics?

Pieces:
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Xj0OErZv0

They sound a little bubblegummy maybe. But the instrumentation is always really good.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:21 AM   #38
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

fred wesley & the JBs - blow your head
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BSrW...eature=related
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:06 AM   #39
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Anyone like the Stylistics?

Pieces:
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Xj0OErZv0

They sound a little bubblegummy maybe. But the instrumentation is always really good.

stylistics are dope.

anyways, i'm bumping this thread b/c lately i've been really getting into this contemporary jazz pianist named robert glasper. amazing musician.

ftb (piano breakdown at 1:59 blows my mind)

everything in its right place/maiden voyage
(dope cover of radiohead/herbie)

album link
Old 01-09-2009, 12:28 AM   #40
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Yes.

Some of my personal favorites are:

The Spinners
The Stylistics
Bobby Womack
Chris Kenner
Allen Toussaint
Buddy Miles
The Meters
Stanley Turrentine (If he counts)
King Curtis
Todd Rundgren

And of course a lot of the classics mentioned in this thread ( marvin Gaye, Al Green, Funkadelic, Bar Kays, Al Hirt)

ONe of the giants I never got is Sly Stone.

Dude, you're one of my most respected posters. But Todd Rundgren??
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #41
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Dude, you're one of my most respected posters. But Todd Rundgren??
Ohh, you in tuble!!
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:35 AM   #42
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Ohh, you in tuble!!

L.Kizzle, did you get my PM?
Old 01-09-2009, 12:46 AM   #43
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
L.Kizzle, did you get my PM?
No, send it again.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:58 AM   #44
LJJ
Extra Cheese

I don't have time to put in the work right now, but I'm coming back to this thread to school rufuspaul on one of my favorite musicians.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:06 AM   #45
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

I don't have time to put in the work right now, but I'm coming back to this thread to school rufuspaul on one of my favorite musicians.

Uh oh. I'll bring a pen and notebook.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: