Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-02-2008, 01:07 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default This should be an interesting offseason.

Well for starters... first pick in the draft and a new coach. I wonder what else Paxson has planned. Bringing in Doug Collins and drafting either Beasley or Rose (I hope Rose) won't fix all of this teams problems. If they draft Beasley, they really need help at both their SG and PG positions and if they draft Rose they need help at their SG position (though if they re-signed Ben Gordon he'd be much improved playing with Rose, IMO) and they'd need help at PF. The thing with Rose though is that if he could develop into a good PG then the Bulls don't need as much help as they'd need with Beasley. Rose could turn Gordon, Deng, Thomas, Gooden, etc. into all-star players. Look at the Hornets... Chris Paul turned Tyson Chandler into a star player.

Anyways, what else do you think needs to be done?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:09 AM   #2
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: This should be an interesting offseason.

Why is Rose automatically Chirs Paul? Chris Paul is Chris Paul - Derrick Rose will be a rookie...it would take a couple years before he makes Thomas or Gooden star players.

You draft Beasley and you fix Chicago's number 1 issue which is inside scoring. Sure Beasley thinks himself of more of a 3 before a 4, but he is a beast and would play 4 for almost any team in the league.

You draft Rose, you have to worry about dropping either Hinrich, Hughes, Gordon, or Thabo. AND you still have to fill the need of a solid post player. Sorry Tyrus Thomas cannot fill this role.

Bascially drafting Rose creates more work, something Pax doesn't have the balls to do. Draft Beasley and put that team on the court and they would be a winning team - with Rose, there is no telling if the team would mesh under Rose. The team had meshed with Hinrich 2 years ago, then trade rumors, coaching issues, and a trade happend and screwed a bunch of stuff up. Putting Beasley on the floor, makes the entire team better more than you'd think - he takes pressure off of other players, which can be just as effective as someone who can get a player open for a jump shot. (Not to mention Chicago has been a jump shooting team for awhile now, and honestly...how far has that gotten us?)
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: This should be an interesting offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Why is Rose automatically Chirs Paul? Chris Paul is Chris Paul - Derrick Rose will be a rookie...it would take a couple years before he makes Thomas or Gooden star players.

You draft Beasley and you fix Chicago's number 1 issue which is inside scoring. Sure Beasley thinks himself of more of a 3 before a 4, but he is a beast and would play 4 for almost any team in the league.

Actually, the frontcourt was the strength of the team last year. It was the guards that really brought us down.

You draft Rose, you have to worry about dropping either Hinrich, Hughes, Gordon, or Thabo. AND you still have to fill the need of a solid post player. Sorry Tyrus Thomas cannot fill this role.

We are not obligated to bring Gordon back. I am perfectly fine with Rose and Hinrich starting, and Thabo and Hughes coming off the bench. As for the solid post player, did you see the numbers Gooden was putting up while playing hurt? Almost 15/10, and that's with an abdominal strain. If you add Rose to the equation, I could definitely see him getting 20/10 next season. It's not that much of a stretch.

Bascially drafting Rose creates more work, something Pax doesn't have the balls to do. Draft Beasley and put that team on the court and they would be a winning team - with Rose, there is no telling if the team would mesh under Rose.

What's to say we mesh with Beasley added to the mix? He's not that great of a defender, he's undersized, and when he gets the ball, he turns into Ben Gordon.

The team had meshed with Hinrich 2 years ago, then trade rumors, coaching issues, and a trade happend and screwed a bunch of stuff up. Putting Beasley on the floor, makes the entire team better more than you'd think - he takes pressure off of other players, which can be just as effective as someone who can get a player open for a jump shot. (Not to mention Chicago has been a jump shooting team for awhile now, and honestly...how far has that gotten us?)

You said it, we meshed with Hinrich, then distractions got in the way. This year, there won't be any distractions, as long as Paxson does what is necessary and gets rid of Gordon and Duhon. Then we have our 4 guard rotation, nobody has to worry about anything, and we can get back to how we were playing in 2006.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #4
Catalyst
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Catalyst has an OK reputation so far

while we all talk about rose or beasley... i think the first thing we really should be stressing is for paxson to make a plan.

let me start by saying, we have been trying to get a low post guy for sometime. we were never willing to overpay for one and we were never attractive enough to lure one (even a hometown kid, kg).

let me also say, we got a half court grind it coach. not the an open floor, run up and down coach.

now, if the plan is to run the floor, fine. take rose, hopefully tyrus can be a better chandler and ud have ur up and down game. i doubt you can get a legit low post in this offseason with our extras though. and i will say paul and company did lose.

now, if u want to run the half court game, fine. take beasley. whether he's at the 3 or 4. it makes other players expendable and we should trade away those assets to build better around our #1.

its great to have the best laid out plans, but those can change with a trade offer given to us this offseason. lets not forget how dreadful the lakers and the celtics looked at various points in the past calendar year.

a turnaround can happen in an instant. we just need to find the right combo. and with our 1.7% we have a lot of good parts. good luck paxson, luck opened the door and you have some real work to do. i hope ur good at the rubix cube.
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
You said it, we meshed with Hinrich, then distractions got in the way. This year, there won't be any distractions, as long as Paxson does what is necessary and gets rid of Gordon and Duhon. Then we have our 4 guard rotation, nobody has to worry about anything, and we can get back to how we were playing in 2006.

I agree by just letting Duhon sign with another team, and I'd be fine with letting Gordon walk due to knowing he is going to ask for to much, if he denies 10 million a year before the season. I'd be fine with drafting Rose at this point since the guard position wouldn't be over populated, and Kirk could focus more on scoring and defense - what he did best at Kansas. And that bascially gives Chicago 2 ball handlers on the floor at the same time, something that is deadly.

As for Gooden, I agree he could become 20/10 with the right players around him, he was a monster in college and really hasn't found the right team in the NBA yet, this could be it.

But I just think it is way to hard to pass up on a talent like Beasley when you already have soild players everywhere else on the floor. But like Catalyst said, Pax really just needs to pick a plan and work on it. Lay out the deals you have been given, pick and choose.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: