Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

Default Hinrich, Hughes and maybe BG:OVER 10 mil!! Who goes?

I just can't see the Bulls keeping three guards who all make OVER 10 million a year! They also have Sefolosha who I believe has earned his playing time. Sefolosha was a lottery pick who proved with more playing time, he can contribute. So who goes guy? Hinrich...Hughes...or Gordon? I hope it's Hughes even though I like his D and I can't stand Gordon's! Gordon's shooting can carry the Bulls at times while Hughes will never carry this team. Who do you guys think the Bulls should trade of the three guards?
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #2
ZeN
§

Default Re: Hinrich, Hughes and maybe BG:OVER 10 mil!! Who goes?

Hinrich because that way he can jump start his game by being somewhere else, and hes holds the most value in comparison to all the rest...however his contract is rather scary...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Gordon should get a similar contract to Nocioni, even though Nocioni does more for the team than Gordon does. Anything more than that IMO is a joke and we should just let him walk.

Hughes would be the best to get rid of, but also the hardest to deal more than likely since he has been on a downfall since Washington.

I think Hinrich is the best all-around player on Chicago so getting rid of him I think would be a mistake - he could start at the 2 and run point when Rose is on the bench. (If Rose is the pick).

Also if Beasley is drafted then none of the guards need to go anywhere, except for maybe just not resigning Duhon. Then sign Eric Snow to a asst. coach job and have him step in an backup Kirk if Thabo or Ben can't take over the reigns when he sits.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #4
KaptnKirk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Hinrich because that way he can jump start his game by being somewhere else, and hes holds the most value in comparison to all the rest...however his contract is rather scary...

How is it scary? It's appealing to most teams because it declines instead of increases. Meaning last year he made 11.25 (?) million, this year it drops to a flat 11, then goes down to like 9, then 8. Catch that? It was a top heavy contract to help cap relief.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #5
trig
Decent college freshman

Hinrich's contract is front loaded. I think it starts at 11m and goes all the way down to 7.5. Its a decent deal imo

Hughes will likely be used as a trade bait. he has 12m but only 2yrs remaining.

Gordon - If I were pax, I wont give him anything higher than what barbosa got. maybe around 7m. If not, just trade him for some draft picks.

Thabo is still in his contract. I hope he can get around 20-25mins next season
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:51 PM   #6
ZeN
§

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
How is it scary? It's appealing to most teams because it declines instead of increases. Meaning last year he made 11.25 (?) million, this year it drops to a flat 11, then goes down to like 9, then 8. Catch that? It was a top heavy contract to help cap relief.

I was not attempting to say that his contract was not one of the points that would allure someone to aquire it. My point is more to the fact that in the next two years Kirk will get twenty million dollars, and you would think that a team ready to win now, would have him to produce according to those numbers.

Now dont get my input wrong, I actually would love for him to be moved, because I feel that his production may increase.

Im thinking more of a fresh start and a different group of players to work with.

This of course would be assuming that he would not find it too distressing to leave his beloved Chicago which he holds kind sentiments for.

In the end, all that matters is that the dude can be a better ball player than he currently is, and it sucks to watch him not elevate.

Last edited by ZeN : 06-02-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:16 AM   #7
KaptnKirk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

I was not attempting to say that his contract was not one of the points that would allure someone to aquire it. My point is more to the fact that in the next two years Kirk will get twenty million dollars, and you would think that a team ready to win now, would have him to produce according to those numbers.

Now dont get my input wrong, I actually would love for him to be moved, because I feel that his production may increase.

Im thinking more of a fresh start and a different group of players to work with.

This of course would be assuming that he would not find it too distressing to leave his beloved Chicago which he holds kind sentiments for.

In the end, all that matters is that the dude can be a better ball player than he currently is, and it sucks to watch him not elevate.

I agree with that, because Kirk is a better player than almost anyone here sees. Many players around the NBA would want to play with Kirk or admire his game, I remember Steve Nash even saying he sees a lot of himself in Kirk the way he keeps his dribble alive doesn't give it up unless someone gets open. People also used to compare him to John Stockton and Gary Payton.

Also throw a big man there with Kirk and his production would go through the roof. With a 20/10 big man, I think Kirk could average something like...

16-20 pts, 7-10 ast, 4 reb, 2 stl, 2 to

Very solid numbers.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:53 AM   #8
trig
Decent college freshman

Kirk is more suited to play along side a player that can create his own shot. Where he can just focus on bringing the ball down, shooting, defending.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:34 AM   #9
ZeN
§

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
I agree with that, because Kirk is a better player than almost anyone here sees. Many players around the NBA would want to play with Kirk or admire his game, I remember Steve Nash even saying he sees a lot of himself in Kirk the way he keeps his dribble alive doesn't give it up unless someone gets open. People also used to compare him to John Stockton and Gary Payton.

Also throw a big man there with Kirk and his production would go through the roof. With a 20/10 big man, I think Kirk could average something like...

16-20 pts, 7-10 ast, 4 reb, 2 stl, 2 to

Very solid numbers.

Thats spot on... I think people forget how much potential he still has...

My wish would be to see him with the clippers...

A line up of: Kirk - Mobley - Kaman - Brand - Thornton would be fantastic...

But sadly the bulls dont need Corey and the #7 pick is not enticing enough..

But hopefully Kirk finds himself in a proper situation soon...
Old 06-04-2008, 02:57 AM   #10
trig
Decent college freshman

If pax can pull of a Corey + #7 for Gordon + somebody, i'll be more than happy
Old 06-04-2008, 03:02 AM   #11
ZeN
§

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
If pax can pull of a Corey + #7 for Gordon + somebody, i'll be more than happy

But what about the fact that the clips could get a (Eric) Gordon with the #7 alone, that could be just as effective.... and without having to involve C.Magg?
Old 06-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #12
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Hinrich and Hughes need to go and the Bulls need to try and sign a decent SG to go along with Rose.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #13
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Hinrich and Hughes need to go and the Bulls need to try and sign a decent SG to go along with Rose.

yeah they do... paxson should b able to muster up a decent sg and bigman with all his options: hinrich, hughes, gooden, thomas, noah....
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #14
KaptnKirk12

Pax is over-rated, his past says he ucks up.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:02 AM   #15
tian820
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
at Gordon if he seriously expects Paxson to offer 10M/year. Wasn’t he supposed to prove to the whole world exactly why he was worth over 10M/year last season? That’s why he rejected the 5-year/50M offer before the season started. So what does he do? Puts up absolutely awful numbers as a starter, is forced to come off the bench, and shoots a low FG%. The guy isn’t worth anywhere near 10M/year. Let him go if that’s what he wants.

Am I mistaken, but didn't Paxson offer 5 year, ~$57 million extensions to both Deng AND Gordon before the season to which both turned down. At this point, there's no way either are worth that kind of money and if Gordon wants more than $10 million per, he needs to get traded or let go. He's not worth that kind of money, I agree. I would love to see Hughes gone, but who's going to bite on him? Hopefully he can be packaged with Hinrich and/or Tyrus Thomas, Joakim Noah, etc... Something needs to happen in addition to the draft. A rookie will not solve all the issues.
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: