Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default top 5 pg's

who do you consider to be the top 5 point gaurd prospects in this years draft?

1-d rose - the best prospect since lebron

2-r westbrook - the best chance at finding a way to slow down the pauls dwilliams tony parker andthe rest- i love his game and demeanor-somebody please trade him to denver

3-j bayless- i hope for him that he does go to the sonics- perfect fit with durrant- i like a bayless/durant/green combo alot-

4-l hudson- this is what the nba point gaurd spot is right now- its billups and baron davis's and hudson has the size athletisism shooting and skills to become very solid starting pg- i hope orlando doesnt pass on him if they get the chance

5 tie--d nelson- after rose and westbrook this guy is the next best pure athlete at the pg spot- i believe he will be one of the best defensive pg's in the nba very very soon-dukes bush league roster playing nelson at sf & pf threw alot of people off on him imo- i hope if denver cant trade up for westbrook that they come up with nelson somehow

5 tie--m chalmers- chalmers has the all around game to go with the size and speed needed- he would be a perfect backup pg for parker in san antonio
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: top 5 pg's

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub

2-r westbrook - the best chance at finding a way to slow down the pauls dwilliams tony parker andthe rest- i love his game and demeanor-somebody please trade him to denver

3-j bayless- i hope for him that he does go to the sonics- perfect fit with durrant- i like a bayless/durant/green combo alot-

4-l hudson- this is what the nba point gaurd spot is right now- its billups and baron davis's and hudson has the size athletisism shooting and skills to become very solid starting pg- i hope orlando doesnt pass on him if they get the chance

5 tie--d nelson- after rose and westbrook this guy is the next best pure athlete at the pg spot- i believe he will be one of the best defensive pg's in the nba very very soon-dukes bush league roster playing nelson at sf & pf threw alot of people off on him imo- i hope if denver cant trade up for westbrook that they come up with nelson somehow

5 tie--m chalmers- chalmers has the all around game to go with the size and speed needed- he would be a perfect backup pg for parker in san antonio
dj augustin has to be mentioned
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1.rose
2.mayo
3.augustin
4.westbrook
5.bayless

thats my list. if you dont consider mayo a pg then i would put jamont gordon on that list,followed by ty lawson
Old 06-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #4
Da Ballahollic
Lookout 4 Boom Herron

Da Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

He doesn't belong in the League.

1. Rose
2. Bayless
3. R. Westbrook
4. L. Hudson
5. D.J. Augustin
Da Ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Ballahollic
He doesn't belong in the League.

1. Rose
2. Bayless
3. R. Westbrook
4. L. Hudson
5. D.J. Augustin
is hudson really that good? i saw him in 1 game and he played well in it. but they said he really got outplayed by ty lawson in orlando.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...kwatch08 0529

"The best matchup of the night pitted UNC's Ty Lawson versus Tennessee-Martin's Lester Hudson. Lawson came in with the blue-chip pedigree but with a draft stock thats taken a beating this year. Hudson came in with a small school background and a checkered past, but he had wowed scouts and executives in early drills.

Hudson's stock looked to be on the rise while Lawson's seemed to be free-falling.

Both players came off the bench at the 10-minute mark and guarded each other. The verdict was an overwhelming knockout for Lawson, who dominated Hudson on both ends of the ball. Lawson's tenacious defence forced Hudson into five early turnovers and a couple of bad shots. Meanwhile, Lawson kept pushing the ball and making things happen on the offensive end.

Hudson ended the game with four points on 2-for-6 shooting, with five assists and five turnovers. Lawson's numbers weren't spectacular--he had 10 points,four assists,and shot 4-for-10 from the field--but several GMs walked away impressed with Lawson.

"He came out with great energy and played like he had something to prove," one GM said. "He kicked Hudson's butt, I think he helped himself.

Even with Hudson's poor performance,NBA executives still fell Hudson is going to be in the league. The spurs met with him earlier in the day and several other teams are scheduled to interview him."
Old 06-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #6
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
1.rose
2.mayo
3.augustin
4.westbrook
5.bayless

thats my list. if you dont consider mayo a pg then i would put jamont gordon on that list,followed by ty lawson

i agree with oj as #2- i just didnt want a whole bunch of oj is not a pg stuff-i hope he goes somewhere with some scorers on the wing so he could be allowed to play gaurd-

jamont gordon is another pick i really like- but i am worried that he is too one handed?? -

i like chalmers a little ahead of augustine- augustine is a low risk pick but imo nelson or jamont gordon may be high risk but the rewards could be much higher -

how many 6-0 and under pg's outside of cp3 would you want to be your franchise's starting pg? please name one or a few- paul is a once in a generation little guy- paul...iverson....i thomas - augustine or lawson are not that type of player- the 5-10 pg has to be unreal to overcome the size barriers- the nba point gaurd spot is for guys 6-2 to 6-4 and bigger, if the nba was made for 5-10 pg's then it would be full of them because every high school and college team in the country has them-

for augustine to be succesfull in the nba he will need the ball in his hands running the show- i dont think he would be a good fit on a talented team like portland or denver because he wouldnt be great off the ball and will be a defensive liability- i actually like him better to teams like the knicks or twolves
Old 06-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
how many 6-0 and under pg's outside of cp3 would you want to be your franchise's starting pg? please name one or a few- paul is a once in a generation little guy- paul...iverson....i thomas - augustine or lawson are not that type of player
your right there aren't many. but there aren't many sophomore all americans that are 6'0" either. heres a short list of some decent small guys away from AI and Paul

Felton 6'1"---14.4ppg 7.4apg
Mo Williams 6'1"---17.2ppg 6.2apg
Rajon Rondo 6'1"---10.5ppg and 6.6apg

i dont see why augustin couldn't put up similar numbers to felton.its not an all-star list i know. but im not expecting augustin to be an all star player. just a sure thing.id rather draft a guy that I KNOW will get me 13 points and 7 assists then a guy who could possibly be an allstar,while also having the capability of being a bust in a couple years.

Edit: I went 6'1" and under. but i think mo williams is actually shorter than what he's listed
Old 06-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #8
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

DeMarcus Nelson? Really? You must be a dookie b/c he's not even projected to be drafted in some mocks...
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

add jameer nelson to the 6'0" and under list
Old 06-03-2008, 08:42 PM   #10
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
your right there
aren't many. but there aren't many sophomore all americans that are 6'0" either. heres a short list of some decent small guys away from AI and Paul

Felton 6'1"---14.4ppg 7.4apg
Mo Williams 6'1"---17.2ppg 6.2apg
Rajon Rondo 6'1"---10.5ppg and 6.6apg

i dont see why augustin couldn't put up similar numbers to felton.its not an all-star list i know. but im not expecting augustin to be an all star player. just a sure thing.id rather draft a guy that I KNOW will get me 13 points and 7 assists then a guy who could possibly be an allstar,while also having the capability of being a bust in a couple years.

Edit: I went 6'1" and under. but i think mo williams is actually shorter than what he's listed

good post and those guys are all a good bit bigger than augustine or lawson but ill give you that they fit in the little guy catagory. but i think you kind of proved it with alot of those guys who kind of ceiling'd it out fairly early.

i do think that augustine could be an effective player with the same kind of numbers as some of those guys- but i bet all of those teams wish they had a little more at pg than they do- i just think that it is very rare that a person that small excels in the nba- he could be good i just dont see great- and if hes not great he might not cover the defensive liability he would be

i probobly should have put augustine at least tied with demarcus nelson because dj is a much more for sure contributor than nelson i just love nelsons chances in becoming a good nba player- im not a duke fan but i have noticed that for 4 years he has usually been the best athlete on the court and covered the 1-4 spot- coack K for 4 years and the kind of nba point gaurd defender with versititlity to cover a wing- he also is agressive and strong taking it to the basket- this to me all just adds up as a guy who could make an impact in the nba

point gaurd offense-
1-rose/oj
2-bayless
3-hudson
4-westbrook
5-augustine

point gaurd defense-
1-westbrook
2-nelson
3-rose/oj
4-chalmers
5-lawson

point gaurd overall-
1-rose
2-oj
3-westbrood
4-bayless
5-hudson
augustine/nelson/chalmers/gordon/lawson -they are all toss ups for personal preference i guess and maybe hudson with them- but i really like demarcus nelson for the nuggets if my dream of a trade for westbrook doesnt come true

does anyone have a feel for goran dragic or any other foriegn pg prospects? where do they fit? or do they fit on these pg lists?

Last edited by CaptainOwlClub : 06-03-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:45 AM   #11
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I like Rodrigue Beaubois for international points. He may not stay in this year, but he is 6-2/6-3 and very athletic. He has all the tools to be a starting PG, but he doesn't have the skill required at this point. He really needs to work on his shot and get more experience at the point. Right now, however, he has a great feel for the game and natural talent.

My top 5 PG's:
1. Rose
2. Bayless
3. Augustine
4. Lawson
5. Chalmers

My top 5 Combo-guards:
1. Mayo
2. Westbrook
3. Hudson
4. Weaver
5. Nelson

My top 5 SG's:
1. Gordon
2. Rush
3. Douglas-Roberts
4. Walker
5. Lee
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

captainowlclub...i know lawson wasn't your top choice but here's what chad ford has written

Quote:
As for Lawson, rumors abound that Denver has made a promise to him at No. 20, but Lawson and the Nuggets both deny it. He has been very good in workouts, I've been told, and has even impressed a couple of lottery teams with his shooting and toughness. His off-court issues and lack of size make him one of the biggest wild cards right now, but I'd say the odds are in favor of his staying in the draft.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #13
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Derrick Rose
2. DJ Augustin
3. Jerryd Bayless
4. Ty Lawson
5. Mario Chalmers
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:57 PM   #14
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

bayless is 2nd best pg mayo is more of a sg
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: