Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2008, 10:41 AM   #16
e-Thugstylez
I Gave You Power
 
e-Thugstylez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Super ☆ Power
Posts: 799
Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
I'm about to get a ps3 and own all 3 consoles, hard to pass up for 200$ for the 40gb or 300$ for the mgs4 bundle coming out.

Where did you hear this from? Do you have a link?
e-Thugstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #17
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon
 
KeylessEntry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Great Northwest
Posts: 6,679
Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-Thugstylez
Just now read this!!! You made the wrong decision dude!


I have only been playing it for a day but I already know I made the right decision.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:45 PM   #18
brwnman
.
 
brwnman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,624
Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

Great job by picking up the PS3. I got the 80 GB and it's amazing. PS3 > any other gaming console right now...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #19
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains
 
Sonic R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit…
Posts: 3,909
Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
NO

You are picking between a PS3 or a 360, that's it, no Wii.

Good decision, both systems are lightyears ahead of Wii.


I guess if graphics are the only thing that matter and you enjoy playing games on pause, then yeah don't get a Wii…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #20
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted
 
bigkingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 1 NBA Championship*
Posts: 10,869
Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-Thugstylez
Where did you hear this from? Do you have a link?
Go to slickdeals for more info... walmart currently have a promo, free 100$ GC with purchased of ps3, if you sign up for a sony CC you also get additional 100$ back on your first purchase over 299...
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #21
AIrules
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 125
Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

GO for a PS3
AIrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #22
EvinWizzle
Mi a badmon !
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 289
Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

Go for a 360!
EvinWizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #23
gyu
Good college starter
 
gyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,317
Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

I'm surprised the Ps3 is getting so much support, probably 6 months ago there was a similar thread and I was like the only guy supporting the ps3.
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #24
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains
 
Sonic R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit…
Posts: 3,909
Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu
I'm surprised the Ps3 is getting so much support, probably 6 months ago there was a similar thread and I was like the only guy supporting the ps3.


Personally, I'm quite disappointed with the PS3… heck, the Japanese are moving toward Nintendo and putting high profile titles on the DS! The fxucking DS for Fxcks sake! Even deadbox 360 in Japan is getting niche titles that found their way on PS2 in the last generation… Sony finally make a region free console and there is NOTHING to import
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #25
gyu
Good college starter
 
gyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,317
Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R

Personally, I'm quite disappointed with the PS3… heck, the Japanese are moving toward Nintendo and putting high profile titles on the DS! The fxucking DS for Fxcks sake! Even deadbox 360 in Japan is getting niche titles that found their way on PS2 in the last generation… Sony finally make a region free console and there is NOTHING to import
What do you really mean the Japanese are moving towards Nintendo? They've always loved Nintendo, and Nintendo is Japanese.
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #26
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains
 
Sonic R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit…
Posts: 3,909
Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu
What do you really mean the Japanese are moving towards Nintendo? They've always loved Nintendo, and Nintendo is Japanese.

Actually since the original PlayStation, pretty much all the Japanese developers jumped over from the Super Famicom/Super Nintendo right to Sony (and Sony is a Japanese company too). The Nintendo 64 struggled to get any support as did the Gamecube. PlayStation and PlayStation 2 dominated the market worldwide. Nintendo could barley compete and was able to survive with its Game Boy handhelds (and Pokémon) for the better part of the last decade. Now with the success of the Wii as well as the DS, all the developers are coming back to Nintendo and now it is Sony that is struggling hence why there is a lack of titles being released on the PS3…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:53 AM   #27
v-unit
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,150
Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R

I guess if graphics are the only thing that matter and you enjoy playing games on pause, then yeah don't get a Wii…

How can you argue this? Graphics are a huge part of video games. Playing games on pause? No idea what this means. Not to mentino the barrage of games that Xbox and PS3 have compared to the Wii is unbelievable. I can think of only a few games I would consider buying for the Wii. Super Smash Bros and some Mario game, there is nothing else. Definatly not a sport game, and definatly not a shooter. All the Wii has to offer for shooting is a game called "Metroid Prime" which is basically a mockumentary of other shooting games. It's all for little kids.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #28
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team
 
SayTownRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,121
Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
How can you argue this? Graphics are a huge part of video games. Playing games on pause? No idea what this means. Not to mentino the barrage of games that Xbox and PS3 have compared to the Wii is unbelievable. I can think of only a few games I would consider buying for the Wii. Super Smash Bros and some Mario game, there is nothing else. Definatly not a sport game, and definatly not a shooter. All the Wii has to offer for shooting is a game called "Metroid Prime" which is basically a mockumentary of other shooting games. It's all for little kids.

the graphics are fine. most people don't even have a big enough hdtv or sit close enough to their tv to really see the full hd resolution anyway. you'd need a 65" and to sit 10 feet away to appreciate your beloved graphics in all their glory.

and there's plenty of good titles on the wii. there's plenty of good titles on all three consoles. there's also crap games on all three consoles. doesn't mean to you have buy them

and if you're writing off shooters on the wii, you've missed the boat, because the wii pointing mechanism provides much more intuitive and fast control than a controller can.

also as far as sports go, pro evo soccer on the wii is the highest rated of all the consoles and is the only version to offer anything new. i also don't know if i'll ever go back to playing sports games like golf, tennis, bowling, or lots of other sports on anything but a wiimote.

it's not just for kids, just for people who don't think a shiny graphics update is all that's required of a new generation of consoles.

Last edited by SayTownRy : 06-10-2008 at 09:32 AM.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #29
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,444
Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
the graphics are fine. most people don't even have a big enough hdtv or sit close enough to their tv to really see the full hd resolution anyway. you'd need a 65" and to sit 10 feet away to appreciate your beloved graphics in all their glory.

and there's plenty of good titles on the wii. there's plenty of good titles on all three consoles. there's also crap games on all three consoles. doesn't mean to you have buy them

and if you're writing off shooters on the wii, you've missed the boat, because the wii pointing mechanism provides much more intuitive and fast control than a controller can.

also as far as sports go, pro evo soccer on the wii is the highest rated of all the consoles and is the only version to offer anything new. i also don't know if i'll ever go back to playing sports games like golf, tennis, bowling, or lots of other sports on anything but a wiimote.

it's not just for kids, just for people who don't think a shiny graphics update is all that's required of a new generation of consoles.


I am a huge Nintendo gamer. I have a Gamecube, SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS and I'm just a fan of their games. But I haven't bought the Wii yet.

Nintendo is aiming at a new audience. they are aiming at the people who won't buy a Xbox 360 or PS3 because they don't like the "geeky" Final Fantasy and Quake type games. They want to play Brain training and Wii Sports.

But I am a gaming geek and I do want to play Bioshock, Mass Effect, Call of Duty, NBA 2k, Fight Night and this is the category of games they don't have on the Wii. They still have Zelda and Mario, but all those games have been dumbed down.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #30
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains
 
Sonic R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit…
Posts: 3,909
Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
How can you argue this? Graphics are a huge part of video games. Playing games on pause? No idea what this means. Not to mentino the barrage of games that Xbox and PS3 have compared to the Wii is unbelievable. I can think of only a few games I would consider buying for the Wii. Super Smash Bros and some Mario game, there is nothing else. Definatly not a sport game, and definatly not a shooter. All the Wii has to offer for shooting is a game called "Metroid Prime" which is basically a mockumentary of other shooting games. It's all for little kids.

LOL
If you prefer style over substance than thats cool I guess…
I would rather play Sega Saturn than 95% of what is out on both PlayStation 3 AND Xbox 360 because those games are more FUN. I like to PLAY games rather than just stare at them and drool over how perty they look…

If you like "shooting" games as in FPS, then you'd be better served on playing on PC where they were ment to be played with keyboard/mouse and high performance hardware.

I prefer to play REAL shooters like DoDonPachi or Battle Garegga. Games where hi score mean something and can be played for a life time… these games don't offer flash graphics but offer a type of gameplay that cannot be match by average everyday cookie cutter dreck that fills todays retail shops and the libraries of mindless video gaming lemmings…

I bet your one to say that Nintendo NES is the suxor because the graphics are lame but yet the game play is leagues above the junk that is passed off as "games" today…

Just stick with Madden and Tony Hawk… and next year buy the same game with new rosters and skate parks…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy