Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 03:00 AM   #61
SmokyMcNasty
I hit open 5-footers
 
SmokyMcNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 130
SmokyMcNasty has an OK reputation so far
Default

You can't dunk with Nash in Live. That's BS

JSub, why do you continue to plug the 2k games and continue to tell everyone how *****ty Live is and how no one should buy Madden?

You should really contact the 2k people and ask them to put you on the company salary.
SmokyMcNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:03 AM   #62
PureElement
Local High School Star
 
PureElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 637
PureElement has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
describe NBA Live's strengths:

1.) Its for PC, which like I said allows you to download fan made content. Dunk packs, fully customized arenas, shoes, jerseys. Also allows you to play legendary teams (Showtime lakers, Larry legend's Celtics etc). Basically live on the PC is easily modded by people with good computer skills, who can make cyberfaces etc so that you can play retired players from the past or completely outragous players. I'm currently playing with the houstons that had Barkley, Drexler and Hakeem. Hakeem OWNS.
2.) Its pace is faster. Some of the moves looks unrealistic, but you do see NBA players doing those moves. They don't do it as frequently, obviously, but when you play games for only 2 min quarters you don't want to see players just shoot set jump shots all game.
3.) Dunk Contest. Personally I've only played the dunk competition 2 or 3 times, but the first few times is always fun.
4.) Graphics. This is only noticable on the 360 or a high end PC, but mostly the 360. On the PS2 or XBox both games look like crap.
4.) Superstar moves. Alot of people hate it, but its damn fun. I personally don't like outside scorer or high flyer but I love playmaker and inside scorer. Perimeter defender is the only move that is easily abused becuase you can get so many steals.

And this is only 06, which I consider one of the worst versions of live ever made.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:07 AM   #63
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMcNasty
You can't dunk with Nash in Live. That's BS

JSub, why do you continue to plug the 2k games and continue to tell everyone how *****ty Live is and how no one should buy Madden?

You should really contact the 2k people and ask them to put you on the company salary.

Why would I fcukin lie about this?!!? What the hell man?!? GET OFF MY NUTS. I didnt just DUNK with Nash, I POSTERIZED somebody. Jesus Christ!
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:09 AM   #64
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year
 
04mzwach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,452
04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool
Default

I can dominate with Marko Jaric in NBA 2k6. All basketball games are unrealistic today. Who cares? Is it realistic that teams can shoot 80% in NBA 2K6? Not really. I still like NBA Live and I anticipate that this one will be much improved...though I wish the superstar mode deal wasn't so unstoppable. But what is the difference in 2k6??? You can still back a player down and dunk in his face every time everytime.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:15 AM   #65
PureElement
Local High School Star
 
PureElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 637
PureElement has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
You STILL didnt give me a single reason why NBA Live is better than NBA 2K, jackass!!! I've been reeling off my reasons, so I can justify my statement "NBA 2K IS SIMPLY BETTER" you fcuking numbskull. You're idiocy is pissing me off. Its a disgrace that you have my favorite player as your avatar.

I dunked with Nash, I didnt video-tape it for you, you just have to take my word for it. I also draining 3 3pnters in a game with Shaq. I didnt TiVo THAT for you either. I dont even know what you're argument about anymore. You havent given any reasons why NBA Live is so much better than the game I prefer. I played them both, a lot I might add. One is clearly better than the other!! I'm not going to repeat myself again. I already GAVE you all my reasons. Post something significant or just STFU already.

Its a disgrace you are even alive. Any other 2k fan could give me better reasons then "2k is simply better" Hell, even Kobe groupies can give better reasons for how great their idol is. SAYING LIVE SUCKS AND 2K RULES IS NOT AN ARGUMENT. Bashing Live's graphics by saying it sucks IS NOT AN ARGUMENT ABOUT ITS GRAPHICS. Making up crap like nash can dunk IS NOT AN ARGUMENT ABOUT LIVE's REALISM.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:19 AM   #66
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
Its a disgrace you are even alive. Any other 2k fan could give me better reasons then "2k is simply better" Hell, even Kobe groupies can give better reasons for how great their idol is. SAYING LIVE SUCKS AND 2K RULES IS NOT AN ARGUMENT. Bashing Live's graphics by saying it sucks IS NOT AN ARGUMENT ABOUT ITS GRAPHICS. Making up crap like nash can dunk IS NOT AN ARGUMENT ABOUT LIVE's REALISM.

Listen you fcuking F@G, I made that statement AFTER I gave you my reasons. Thus its simple for me to say that, OK? Stop quoting me out of context. I'm done talking about this crap. You play the PC version on NBA LIVE, I'm talking about the consoles. You have some emotional attachment to the LIVE series. Fine by me, but my argument makes sense. Now SHUDDUP about Nash dunking. If this is an impossibility, then I must be GOD.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:26 AM   #67
PureElement
Local High School Star
 
PureElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 637
PureElement has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Listen you fcuking F@G, I made that statement AFTER I gave you my reasons. Thus its simple for me to say that, OK? Stop quoting me out of context. I'm done talking about this crap. You play the PC version on NBA LIVE, I'm talking about the consoles. You have some emotional attachment to the LIVE series. Fine by me, but my argument makes sense. Now SHUDDUP about Nash dunking. If this is an impossibility, then I must be GOD.

Emotional attachment? I already said 06 is the worst of the series. I never bashed 2k like you do with live. I DON'T go into the 2k topic and bash 2k. Its you who have some kind of hatred for everything you disagree with. I've read your massively exaggerated crap about 2k, fine you like 2k, I can care less. I'm going to play 2k7 too and see ifs any good. But you don't go around bashing live and expect no one to defend it. Its a shame you cheer for my favorite team. We don't need fans who can't see pass their blind homerism.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:30 AM   #68
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation
Default

No, its a shame YOU cheer for MY team. You live in Alberta for Christ's sake. Shouldnt you be cheering for the Raptors or something? You're not even American and you're telling me that Houston is your team? Get the F outta here.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:48 AM   #69
PureElement
Local High School Star
 
PureElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 637
PureElement has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
No, its a shame YOU cheer for MY team. You live in Alberta for Christ's sake. Shouldnt you be cheering for the Raptors or something? You're not even American and you're telling me that Houston is your team? Get the F outta here.

Thats retarded. Ask anyone, people can care less if their fans are from another city, another state, another country, but every team wants rational fans. The rational part of your brain seems to be made of mush (probably replaced with intense hatred for live). I've never criticized another rocket fan in my 2 years on this board, you're the first, congrats. I usually treat rox fans with more tolerance then any other fan, but the excessively crap post you spill out is rideculous. You don't let anything you disagree with pass you. There are at least 4 2k fans making negative comments about live, and I didn't need to comment on them. Because they are not posts that go out of their way to bash live. I don't care if you don't like live, but it pisses you off that other people do and theres something wrong with that.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:59 AM   #70
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Why would I fcukin lie about this?!!? What the hell man?!? GET OFF MY NUTS. I didnt just DUNK with Nash, I POSTERIZED somebody. Jesus Christ!


That is indeed, impossible.


You would have to edit Nash's Ratings to be able to dunk with him, period.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:01 AM   #71
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
Thats retarded. Ask anyone, people can care less if their fans are from another city, another state, another country, but every team wants rational fans. The rational part of your brain seems to be made of mush (probably replaced with intense hatred for live). I've never criticized another rocket fan in my 2 years on this board, you're the first, congrats. I usually treat rox fans with more tolerance then any other fan, but the excessively crap post you spill out is rideculous. You don't let anything you disagree with pass you. There are at least 4 2k fans making negative comments about live, and I didn't need to comment on them. Because they are not posts that go out of their way to bash live. I don't care if you don't like live, but it pisses you off that other people do and theres something wrong with that.

Wow, I'm flattered. NBA 2K>NBA Live till I die!
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:06 AM   #72
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski
 
dab0yech0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Latina Lovers CEO
Posts: 4,250
dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
If you want arcade, fast paced, unrealistic hogwash, look no further than NBA Live. But in terms of TRUE basketball simulation, NBA 2K rules, with no competition.

I dominate 2k5 averaging 30 ppg, 12 apg with my MVP Shaun Livingston.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:13 AM   #73
PureElement
Local High School Star
 
PureElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 637
PureElement has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
I dominate 2k5 averaging 30 ppg, 12 apg with my MVP Shaun Livingston.

He reminds me of a raw Prime Penny. One of the most enjoyable players to control in video games.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:09 AM   #74
MaverickFan4Life
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
Its quality not quantities. Half of your arguements are made up and completely biased. I don't need to response to crap like "NBA 2k is simply better then Live" (Almost word for word). If the world is made up of these garbage arguements, we wouldn't have an reasonable debate at all.




Exactly. But 2k is suppose to be godly realistic right? Is scoring 50 in that short amount of time possible? I think the most anyone has scored in a quarter was only 30. I guess Billups is an all time great.

I average 100 points agame online in NBA2K6 on the 360, and thats 5 minute quarters.





Considering Nash has the dunk rating of "0" it is literally impossible. But you haven't played the game so whatever.



Again, impossible.



And you're an egotistic idiot who is so insecure about his interests that you have to go out of your way to bash a game. Establishing a personal vendetta against a game, thats pretty sad.

My highest scoring game is 157 with 5 minute quarters, so yea you can score in 2k6

2K7 Blows away Live 07, anyone who buys Live over 2K is a complete idiot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:12 AM   #75
MaverickFan4Life
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
Its a disgrace you are even alive. Any other 2k fan could give me better reasons then "2k is simply better" Hell, even Kobe groupies can give better reasons for how great their idol is. SAYING LIVE SUCKS AND 2K RULES IS NOT AN ARGUMENT. Bashing Live's graphics by saying it sucks IS NOT AN ARGUMENT ABOUT ITS GRAPHICS. Making up crap like nash can dunk IS NOT AN ARGUMENT ABOUT LIVE's REALISM.


Need an arugment? jus take alook at the scores on Gamerankings.com, Im sure all these people cant be wrong as well, eh?

Everyone single website has 2k6 > Live 06
  Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy