Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-24-2006, 12:17 PM   #91
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

^Stop quoting everything. There is a button called reply. It's pretty easy for people to realise who you were aiming coments at.

And no I don't follow you around, I come into a thread, and see you're being a total douche and I tell you. I'm your guardian angel if anything, with a sailor's vocab.

Try and use your head.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:18 PM   #92
MaverickFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
^Stop quoting everything. There is a button called reply. It's pretty easy for people to realise who you were aiming coments at.

And no I don't follow you around, I come into a thread, and see you're being a total douche and I tell you. I'm your guardian angel if anything, with a sailor's vocab.

Try and use your head.

I can do whatever I want
Old 08-24-2006, 12:19 PM   #93
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickFan4Life
I can do whatever I want

I assume you mean men?
Old 08-24-2006, 12:21 PM   #94
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Why the **** did you quote such a big post? You didn't debate any points in it you stupid piece of inbred dog-****.
THANK YOU. I hate it when people do that. Didn't even say anything.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:23 PM   #95
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
THANK YOU. I hate it when people do that. Didn't even say anything.

Let me play around with your avatar in paint. I want to make Brian black.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:37 PM   #96
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

WOW such a heated debate about video games!!! Even bringing a little political BS into the mix funny stuff for sure. Anyways I have been a NBA Live fan for quite some time and I guess I never thought about it but it could be the comfort factor the EA brand name I have loved the Tiger Woods games and The Madden games so I guess I felt that the game play would be good on the NBA Live series as well and to be honest I have never been impressed with the graphics on the commercials for the 2K series but with people defending each with such conviction I just might have to pick up a copy of 2k6 since I have live06. The only concern I have is that I can pick it up at any video game store used for like $10. But I buy live and after tweaking the game settings and creating any missing players on my team’s roster I go straight to Dynasty mode and lately I have been simulating the games and having more fun being the GM and making trades that work and taking a team that is way over the cap and bringing them under the cap while keeping a good crop of players. So question for the 2K fans dose it have a good DM the one thing I hate about lives DM is the fact that the cap stays at say 50 mil and never changes. I think it should adjust year to year maybe just simulate a 2% increases each new season.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:43 PM   #97
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Something I can't understand is why fans have become so passionate about the realism in basketball but keep buying Madden every year?

I understand that now that EA has muscled out the competition people feel the need to satisfy that football jones. Still though, why do so many people care about the accuracy of gameplay in one sport but not the other?
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:00 PM   #98
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

The bad news: In playing a version of Live marked 90% complete, the gameplay was terribly disappointing. The ball physics are all over the place, even the most simple shots appear awkward, and to be honest, the game seems years behind the build of NBA 2K7 that we already have in the office.

From IGN....
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:22 PM   #99
the truth
...since 95

the truth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA AAP
It looks a bit interesting to be honest. But still impossible to get a "feel" for the game by watching videos. It's going to take a whole lot for me to switch out of 2K6. I only switched out of 2K5 because of the shot stick. Unless there are major changes, I will never get another basketball game. I'll wait for the ratings.

Whats so bad about the shot stick that it forced you out of the game?? You do know that you dont have to use it right? I use the button for jumpshots and the shot stick for layups dunks and post moves. It gives you so many options.

Anyway, I cant for the life of me fathom why any real bball fan would choose Live over 2K. Is it because you've been playing Live for so long you're fanboyness prevents you from seeing the truth? 2K is about realism...Live is about anything but realism. To each their own but I just dont get why bball fans play live when 2K is on the market.
:confused:
the truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 01:35 AM   #100
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth
Whats so bad about the shot stick that it forced you out of the game?? You do know that you dont have to use it right? I use the button for jumpshots and the shot stick for layups dunks and post moves. It gives you so many options.

Anyway, I cant for the life of me fathom why any real bball fan would choose Live over 2K. Is it because you've been playing Live for so long you're fanboyness prevents you from seeing the truth? 2K is about realism...Live is about anything but realism. To each their own but I just dont get why bball fans play live when 2K is on the market.
:confused:

Play NBA 2K3 and tell me that with a straight face...
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:18 AM   #101
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
And you have to put the defenisve rebound sliders really high and offensive rebound sliders really low.

my sliders are something like:

game speed 40
fatigue 45

short range 30
medium range 35
long range 35

offensive rebounding 10
defensive rebounding 90

I forget the rest but it works well, i get realisitic scores and results from NBA Live. I doubt Ill need to move away from the Live series.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:39 AM   #102
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth

You just misread it. I left 2k5 for 2k6 just because of the shot stick. Without improvements like these, I won't buy another basketball game.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:40 AM   #103
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA AAP
You just misread it. I left 2k5 for 2k6 just because of the shot stick. Without improvements like these, I won't buy another basketball game.

Oh no,the market will miserably fail without you.:rollingeyes:
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:46 AM   #104
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Oh no,the market will miserably fail without you.:rollingeyes:

I guess I'm the only one that bought the game because of the new innovation. Once an idiot, always an idiot.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:48 AM   #105
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

You're acting like you not buying another game is gonna hurt them. Once a clown,always a clown.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: