Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-25-2006, 04:51 AM   #106
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

Are you slow? I'm not the only one who is doing the exact same thing, there's a lot of people actually. No ONE person hurts their sales.

Is there a coincidence that Kobe groupies are the dumbest form of human life? I think not.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:06 AM   #107
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA AAP
Are you slow? I'm not the only one who is doing the exact same thing, there's a lot of people actually. No ONE person hurts their sales.

Is there a coincidence that Kobe groupies are the dumbest form of human life? I think not.

Idiot. One person hurts their sales by 50$. That's like 2 $ to them. Well you would know of course being an asian and all. Keep making them copies.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:16 AM   #108
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

Wow...you just don't get it.

Quote:
I'm not the only one who is doing the exact same thing, there's a lot of people actually.

Quote:
I'm not the only one who is doing the exact same thing, there's a lot of people actually.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do I need to post your picture for everyone to excuse you from being so mentally challenged?
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:17 AM   #109
Nowitzki41MFFL

This really shouldnt even be a debate, 2K basletball has owned Live for the past 5 years and will continue to do so

500th Post***********************************

<<<<<< I love me some Mark Cuban MFFL
Old 08-25-2006, 05:21 AM   #110
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

I could post yours but it's not work safe.

*Warning*

You look kinda like William Hung with a touch of down syndrome. I won't post yours to save you from embarrasement and also to keep the other posters from suffering a heart attack. The description is bad enough and Yes,I do have your real picture that I got from the old board.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:22 AM   #111
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed

Why the **** did you quote such a big post? You didn't debate any points in it you stupid piece of inbred dog-****.

Actually, I didnít quote a big post, I wrote a big post. -You- quoted that big post, as did someone else. But, thatís neither here nor there.

Why did I write such a big post? Because I can. I realize reading is difficult for many, but some people have more to say than "OMG LIVVE SUXXORZ!!!111".

There simply arenít any points to debate, it all comes down to personal preference. That's it, case closed. The NBA Live series is not better than the NBA 2K series, nor vice versa. There isn't a single glaring difference between the two, just slight shades. They're two games based on ONE game. It's not comparing apples and oranges, it's comparing red apples from Washington with red apples from Idaho, and only someone with WAY too much time on their hands, and WAY too much ignorance would actually sit and say one is better than the other. And even after a friggin novel, people still donít get it. But then this type of ignorance is something weíve been dealing with forever, so while it probably is a waste to yammer on and on about it and write huge posts, Iíll do it anyway, just to balance things out with the kiddies. Balance is good.

And, how do you breed dog****? How does dog**** become inbred? I didnít know dog**** had siblings or relatives. And if Iím inbred, we need to do more inbreeding. I guess I better go impregnate my cousin now.

Quote:
You really are a terrible poster and we should just flush you down the toilet.

I'm a terrible poster? Because I used the English language? Because I spelled everything correctly? Because I didn't pull some irrational, bull**** opinion out of my ass and call it fact?

I take this as a compliment. It's like dropping 50 on someone and having them say my shot sucks.

Quote:
And to summarise:
-Some people like Live
-Some people like 2K

Who gives a flying ****?

It's like one kid saying: "I love Cheese Burgers"

And the other kid saying: "I love Ham Burgers"

Its the same damn thing you freakin' morons.

Personally I've played both and you're no less of a fan if you play Live, and you're not a better fan if you play 2K.

Actually, a more accurate summary wouldíve been:
-Some people like Live
-Some people like 2K
-So shut the **** up and go play the one your prefer

They -are- "the same damn thing, you morons". And in regards to your cute little burgerfight, the key word there is ďkidĒ. Imagine the two kids in your example screaming at each other, and calling each other names because they donít agree that a cheeseburger is better than a hamburger or vice versa. Retarded, isnít it? Look around you, at the rest of this thread. Retarded, isnít it?

And who gives a flying ****? Obviously all of the mental midgets who are talking **** about a videogame give a flying ****. While I have to admit that it is entertaining to watch meatheads foaming at the mouth (oh, and calling people inbred dog****) over completely meaningless crap, sometimes I feel kinda sad and really hope that -someone- will get a clue. And maybe someone here will, in about 10-15 years.

Quote:
IMO, 2K is boring, and Live is too up and down. I score over 200 points on the settings that the game has preset into it.

A combo of the two games would be perfect.

I agree completely. NBA 2k just doesnít do it for me, and Live on its default settings doesnít either. Why? Because itís simplified for people who thought the game was too complex. They added things like the dunk contest and three-point shootout and superstar moves for the instant-gratification crowd who want something cool and flashy. All you have to do is tweak the settings to get the game the way -you- like to play it, but of course that requires actually putting a little thought and effort into things, and thatís -way- too much to ask of most people, as we can obviously see. And you could do the same thing with NBA 2k if you were an NBA Live fan.

Quote:
Now stfu.

People who give advice should heed it themselves, lest hypocracy reign.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:18 PM   #112
digitaldragon
Can barely lace up my sneakers

digitaldragon has an OK reputation so far

Dude, they weren't talking to you at all. Maverickfan4lyfe, right below you, was the one who quoted that big post of yours. Everything you've just quoted was directed to him, not you
digitaldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:29 PM   #113
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:56 AM   #114
Marky418
Decent playground baller

Marky418 has no real reputation yet.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/8...41/vids_1.html

Live 07 4 360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cant wait
Marky418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:30 AM   #115
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

live is gonna suck like like 4 or 5. 2k is and will be the better game until they redo their entire gameplay engine, its just to simplistic and not real enough. I like being able to play serious if i want and turn it into a chess game. But i will buy live because a lot of my friends at school like it. '

So i will be buying them both on Sept 25. I hope its not like last year because i took live back the next day though.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:29 PM   #116
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

Just checked out 2k's videos (for 360). I like the movements of the players up and down the court, very smooth movements, but good god their models suck. Nash looks like hes 300 pounds. Everyone looks fatter then they should be or too damn skinny.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:11 PM   #117
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
Just checked out 2k's videos (for 360). I like the movements of the players up and down the court, very smooth movements, but good god their models suck. Nash looks like hes 300 pounds. Everyone looks fatter then they should be or too damn skinny.

I think the video's you watched online were compressed a bit. When formatted correctly on a tv, I'm sure it'll looking normal and the players will not appear stalky and fat.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:28 PM   #118
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement

The IGN videos were formatted wrong, they are supposed to be 4:3, instead they are widescreen, so they make the players look short and squatty. A developer for 2k7 posts at Operationsports.com and cleared it up.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/5346

another video..

Last edited by abuC : 08-27-2006 at 11:31 PM.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:26 PM   #119
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far
Default re

EA and Live fans have too much pride. Lives graphics are garbage, the players all look short and stubby and it seriously looks like its being played on super nintendo or playstation 1, at its best. The gameplay is horrible, its basically run up the court, pop a 3 or try to dunk on someone.

Live fans, Give 2K a chance, trust me, u wont regret it. Its so much more fun when playin wit ur peeps too, more competitive and it takes more skill.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:48 PM   #120
Technical Lead
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Technical Lead has an OK reputation so far

has anyone ever thought that maybe some people like live better than 2k and some people like 2k better than live because everyone has their own preference? You keep insulting people who does not think the same way you do. Does this help your cause? I don't think so.

anyway, i played live and 2k each year and i always end up playing live the most. A lot of people say that it's arcady and easy to score ala And 1. Have you guys actually played around with the game sliders? If you have, i dont understand why you dont just adjust the sliders to a level of your liking? If you want tough competition, then work with the sliders. If you want And1 ballin, then just use the default.

Sometimes, people tend to feel that if you disagree with them, that means you are wrong. well, it's not. It just means we are human and we have our unique preferences. So, going back to the topic, nba live rocks.
Technical Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: