Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Default MarcusCaptainCamby

is this how its going down?

is trading camby, and either or both of carmelo and jr the way they are going? is george karl calling the shots? is he connected? he must have kroenke right?

camby has been the second most important nugget over the last 5-6 years. camby and carmelo with any 10 nba players would have been the 8th seed in the playoffs each of the last 5 years

there is no chance that anybody could ever think that same team and same coach could be brought back for another season- so half a new team is the only choice left right?

how many teams have a better young core 4 of melo,nene,jr,&klieza? why not try building around them? isnt that what teams buidling are trying to put together? if i could keep one player playing with that group it would be camby

so trade camby? no,unless it is the only way to get value in return for the players who get traded. why would camby's name be the first to be thrown out there?

the reality is from when the nugs had the most salary cap space of any team, and started the trend of teams just completely dropping cap by trading everyone for "nothing" the nuggets have had camby(who has since taken a paycut) and nene and were handed melo and jr and found klieza. all the cap space in the world didnt get us where we thought it would. why not try it again and trade half the team?

if camby goes to facilitate a franchise face-lift then i guess i could accept it. if he is dumped then i will be outraged because after carmelo nobody has been more important to the light blue nuggets- not karl or whoever else is running the show above him

how did karl trick kroenke? the powers cant be as stupid as they appear right now are they? do you all expect huge change or just 1 or 2 moves?

if you knew the same coach was being brought back would anyone actually think the same team should be brought back?

Last edited by CaptainOwlClub : 06-03-2008 at 09:08 PM.
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Default Re: MarcusCaptainCamby

The blame has gotta got to the Nuggets front office as a whole from the big guy in Stan Kroenke to Mark Warkentien in player personnel. Most coaches in the NBA don't really have a say in what goes on, but in this case George Karl has strong opinions on J.R., Melo, K-Mart, and some other players. His dislikes of some of those players may influence the Nuggets front office to his liking. If this franchise wants to move on forward they have to realize what they have and what they need to put a championship team together, and listening to George's whine of what he wants isn't going to work.

On the topic of Marcus Camby I feel that he is a leader and can impact a team anywhere he goes. He is one of the few players on this team without a bad rap sheet. The one thing that bothers me is his age and the injury problems he has been plagued with his whole career. If we can get the salary cap lowered without moving him will be nice. But if we need to move him, then that is what we need to do. One thing I can say is that if we let go Camby then we better get one hell of a center to replace him whether if it's a proven veteran or a superstar rookie like Hibbert or Ajinca. A center that can post up offensively and defensively is what I really want for this Nuggets team because I think we lacked that this past year. Camby doesn't post on the offensive side of the ball and I think we need that to get some rebounds inside and it may open some shots for our perimeter shooters. Camby is overall the best defender I have seen in a Nuggets uniform in awhile (since Mount Mutumbo!).

I expect the Nuggets to make some pretty big moves, but not ones that will shock anybody. Iverson will likely opt out and sign a multiyear deal. The one thing I am afraid of is the Nuggets not being able to sign J.R. because ever since the second half of the season and in the playoffs, he has been on fire. I bet teams are ready to call him once free agency begins. Denver better make a move fast before they lose a major piece to winning a championship in Denver. In the draft they will probably go for a center if they lose Camby or go for a point guard, but they will likely find a point guard in free agency. I'd like to see Andre Miller back in a Nuggets uniform for one thing, he may not be able to shoot the three, but when it comes to a guy that can play a game with the intangibles that no one has, he's the guy. A trade this offseason could be possible, hopefully it's not a dumb trade like getting some player no one even knows he even existed.

Here is my question to you, do you think J.R. wants back after what George Karl has done to him the past few years? And is Marcus Camby worth the money for the Nuggets future or should we just let him go and get a proven veteran or draft a college stud?
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

I was going to start a thread on this to see what the Denver fans thought. How about Billups for Camby? They both make the same amount.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Jballer
Local High School Star

Hi all..

I am actually a Raptors fan in TO Canada. Just dropping by.

Looking for some Nuggets opinions.

I guess thats Nuggets of wisdom

So - is the smoke about Camby real? Is it seen as a "done deal" - i.e. only the pieces have to fall into place.

..or is this a "media" - the Nuggets must get under cap and this is who we recommend.

Camby has obviously been rumored for TO but thats all. The pieces we have hardly make a Camby unless expriing contracts are what the Nuggets are taking back.

He still has a minor following here cause the draft. Everyone shaking their head at Zeke for not taking Abdur Raheim that same year. Give Zeke credit looks like Camby turned out to be the better pro - over the long term.

Just curious on your thoughts about "Camby gone forever for sure"....

You dont have to comment onthe Raptors side... they guys on my boards made up all possible one sided trades that would never happen...

Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:21 PM   #5
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Hi all..

I am actually a Raptors fan in TO Canada. Just dropping by.

Looking for some Nuggets opinions.

I guess thats Nuggets of wisdom

So - is the smoke about Camby real? Is it seen as a "done deal" - i.e. only the pieces have to fall into place.

..or is this a "media" - the Nuggets must get under cap and this is who we recommend.

Camby has obviously been rumored for TO but thats all. The pieces we have hardly make a Camby unless expriing contracts are what the Nuggets are taking back.

He still has a minor following here cause the draft. Everyone shaking their head at Zeke for not taking Abdur Raheim that same year. Give Zeke credit looks like Camby turned out to be the better pro - over the long term.

Just curious on your thoughts about "Camby gone forever for sure"....

You dont have to comment onthe Raptors side... they guys on my boards made up all possible one sided trades that would never happen...

my dream trade for the nuggets w toronto that i think is close to fair is camby & klieza for bargnani and your choice of contracts- keep in mind that is imo the 4th & 5th most important nugs so i know asking for your??2-3? player is alot- calderon would also be great here if you were stupid but we do not need tj ford at all- iwould HATE that move- so any contract ex for- bargnani would go crazy playing alongside melo imo- they would complement each other perfectly- i m hoping for nachbar on the nugs, but bargnani would be a dream

so you like camby and klieza to fill your sf & c roles for bargnani & whoever(not ford)- id give you kmart or ai for calderon in a second too but im not counting on much from that
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: