Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
ryno14
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ryno14 has an OK reputation so far
Default Tyrus Thomas at SF anyone?

So much will depend on what happens in the draft and any trades that my occur in the next few months, but I personally would like Del Negro to consider Tyrus as a SF next year. My thinking is simple: he is simply built more like a SF, has potential to develop a decent perimeter jumpshot, and has the athleticism to run the court like a SF. He is listed as 6'8", 215 lbs. which makes him almost identical in size to Thabo who is a guard! I would love to see the Bulls draft Rose at PG, and for trade bait Hinrich, Nocioni and Gooden are at the top of my list. Therefore if the they bring in another PF like Lamar Odom, or keep Gooden and start him there, why not work Thomas as a 6th man at both forward positions? Paxson's problem the last couple of years was that he got way too small at the center and PF positions. It's time to use our 7 footers (Noah and Gray) at center, and use some legit 6'9" to 6'11" guys at PF. If Thomas is willing to work under Del Negro, I think he would make a nice transition to SF. Any thoughts?
ryno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
Deng13

Deng13 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tyrus Thomas at SF anyone?

i think his ball handling is terrible for a SF...hes not that fast either. Not much of a slasher either. hes meant to be PF. trust me with rose as our pg...TT is gonna put up 15/10 2+ blocks every night...he just needs to stop blowing his defensive assignments and maybe put on weight.

Hes gonna be a stud by the end of the season...just watch.
Deng13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
ryno14

ryno14 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deng13
i think his ball handling is terrible for a SF...hes not that fast either. Not much of a slasher either. hes meant to be PF. trust me with rose as our pg...TT is gonna put up 15/10 2+ blocks every night...he just needs to stop blowing his defensive assignments and maybe put on weight.

Hes gonna be a stud by the end of the season...just watch.

Well, so much does depend on whether is willing to work with the new coaches or not. He could potentially become a much better ball handler as well as shooter. But then again if he is willing to work, he could hits the weights and add some muscle, then he would be a better PF. At his size right now, he is just gonna get thrown around at that position by bigger players.
ryno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:48 PM   #4
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno14
So much will depend on what happens in the draft and any trades that my occur in the next few months, but I personally would like Del Negro to consider Tyrus as a SF next year. My thinking is simple: he is simply built more like a SF, has potential to develop a decent perimeter jumpshot, and has the athleticism to run the court like a SF. He is listed as 6'8", 215 lbs. which makes him almost identical in size to Thabo who is a guard! I would love to see the Bulls draft Rose at PG, and for trade bait Hinrich, Nocioni and Gooden are at the top of my list. Therefore if the they bring in another PF like Lamar Odom, or keep Gooden and start him there, why not work Thomas as a 6th man at both forward positions? Paxson's problem the last couple of years was that he got way too small at the center and PF positions. It's time to use our 7 footers (Noah and Gray) at center, and use some legit 6'9" to 6'11" guys at PF. If Thomas is willing to work under Del Negro, I think he would make a nice transition to SF. Any thoughts?

Noooooooooo way!!!

he cant handle the ball and he turns it over too much.....
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:34 PM   #5
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

are you nuts? Tyrus would be HORRIBLE as a SF... first of all... Deng is our Sf... 2nd he doesn't have great skills away from the basket... no way
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:46 PM   #6
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

YOu would think cause of his size he would be perfect. But def does not handle or shoot very well. He is a combo forward. He should mirror his game after a david west and develop a good 15-12 foot jumper as well as bang on the low block. No more lamar odom talk cause he makes a lot of money and is not a better 4 than drew gooden.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:12 AM   #7
MadisonMadhouse
Banned

MadisonMadhouse has an OK reputation so far

dont post here anymore
MadisonMadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:40 AM   #8
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMadhouse
dont post here anymore

agreed
Old 06-24-2008, 01:17 AM   #9
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

his current skillset is not for sf. He needs to stay close to the basket to be effective. Although his jump shot has improved, its not yet good enough. His ball handling skills is also suspect and he gets a lot of charging calls when he attacks from outside. He should focus more on lurking around the basket, getting offensive rebounds, put backs etc kinda like what Tyson Chandler is doing. He has mad hops and if its true that he's around 6'9-6'10 and maybe added a few pounds, he'll be more effective around the rim
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:10 AM   #10
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

I say get rid of Deng and get Josh Smith to play the 3 and train TT to play the 4.
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #11
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
I say get rid of Deng and get Josh Smith to play the 3 and train TT to play the 4.

Deng will be fine... the expectations were too high... he isn't very good when you need him to be the " go to guy" but he is a great #3 option on a winning team.... Rose, ?????, Deng... we need a superstar to fill the #2 slot... not sure who it is but Kobe would have been nice... oh well
Old 06-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #12
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Tyrus Thomas at SF anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04

No way the Hawks let Smith go...he is their best player after Joe Johnson. Plus, he's a RFA, so they can match any offer.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #13
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Tyrus Thomas at SF anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
Deng will be fine... the expectations were too high...

That's why I worry about Beasley or Rose coming in...the expectations for them will be even higher than they were for Deng/Gordon/Hinrich this season. Beasley might be able to put up the stats, but I do not expect Rose to put up great stats; scoring or assists. Don't forget, Rose didn't have a lot of assists on a high-scoring team at Memphis, and his FTs were awful for a PG. I have a feeling Rose will not let the pressure get to him, but if Beasley starts to slump, it may have a prolonged effect on him, as he is much less mature.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #14
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

The Bulls have a perfect combo at SF already in Deng starting and Noc off the bench.

Tyrus doesn't need to be 12-15 ft away from the rim at this point in his career. With Rose around, he needs to set up shop right around the hoop and wait for alley oops and offensive boards all day everyday. Tyrus' jumper is looking a lot better than when he first came in the L, but he still can't dribble and would get in a lot of foul trouble trying to guard SF who are quicker than him, which essentially could be over half the starting SF in the NBA.

IF, and it's a big IF, Tyrus did put on an extra inch to 2 inches like in that article and picture I posted, then he will begin to look like a perfect player at the 4 spot for the Bulls. However even if he is still 6'8, he can still become a very effective PF with all the athletic tools he has that most other PF's don't.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #15
Chitown sports

Chitown sports has an OK reputation so far

Why is a 6'8" Tyrus Thomas acceptable and a 6'8" Beasley unacceptable at the power forward position?

Also, there has been some chatter regarding Josh Smith not returning to Atlanta. If this is true I think it would be great if the Bulls could acquire him.
Chitown sports is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: