Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far
Default David Thorpe Chat Wrap

I and others asked alot of Bulls questions during Espn.com insider David Thorpe live chat that took place at 11:00 am central time. I highlighted and underlined my questions, but i put asterisks next to some great questions or answers or interesting q&a, and added any q&a concerning the Bulls from others from all over the place.

Before you read, I submitted a question concerning Tyrus Thomas' height over 20 times and he never answered. Thorpe was the guy in the picture with Deng and Thomas who trained them for 2 weeks and Tyrus was going back for more soon. So at least I tried fellas. He received around 2000 questions and answered as many as he could.

Scott (Philly): When you look at a player like Beasley do you associate his being a "free-spirit" or "immature" with his not being a hard worker? Seems to me that there is a difference between immaturity (which is natural in a young kid) and a lack of desire (which would be a legit red-flag)...

SportsNation David Thorpe: Joakim Noah is a free spirit. Beasley is immature. The video of his workout was not something teams are impressed with.

Chris (LA) : David, If Rose is indeed like Paul or Williams, does that mean he can turn Tyrus Thomas into Boozer and Joakim Noah into Chandler?

SportsNation David Thorpe: Not remotely.

*Jay (Chicago): You worked with Luol Deng at your training Center. Do you think he's an NBA All-Star this upcoming season?

SportsNation David Thorpe: Likely yes, depending on who he is playing for. He's totally healthy now.

Chuck (Des Moines, IA): Why does everyone seem to hate the Bulls frontcourt? I think Noah, Gooden and Deng with Thomas, Noocioni and Gray off the bench is pretty solid. Not great, but solid. The real problem is Hughes, Gordon and Heinrich trying to impersonate a PG. Agree?

*SportsNation David Thorpe: Yes-pg was their worst performing position last season.

Matt (Champaign, IL): How much stock should be put into Hollinger's assertion that by the numbers Beasley will have a much better career than Rose?

*SportsNation David Thorpe: Based on numbers, I get it. But Rose had the misfortune of playing in an offense where everyone dribbled before shooting. Tough to rack up assists that way. And his shooting should get more consistent.

rod (nj): is there any chance the bulls could surprise everyone and take beasley number 1 or is done and going to be rose?

SportsNation David Thorpe: It's Rose.

Scott (Philly): Am I crazy to thing that Deng could be a heckuva post-up 3, which could mask the fact that Thomas and Noah aren't post-up 4-5's respectively? Am I the only one who things the Bulls are wasting a HUGE weapon by not putting Deng on the block more?

SportsNation David Thorpe: You are not crazy.

Darryl (Oakland, CA):: I've seen Rose and Bayless, Bayless is the better player, why is he not getting the same recongition, is it because the dredded east coast bias rearing it's ugly head yet again?

SportsNation David Thorpe: Could be. Plus, Arizona sucked this year.

Chad(Denver): Yeah I guess the Heat would be crazy to draft a player like Beasley. Carmelo only turned our franchise in to a playoff team every year he has been here in the West,is a All-Star ,and ticket seller. Who wants that?

SportsNation David Thorpe: When the Hawks three times the wins in one playoff run than your team does in two, something is wrong. Doesn't pertain to the Bulls but I love what he has to say to Chad from Denver. Great point.

Steve (Chicago): Hey David, I was wondering what Kirk's trade value is? I mean could they get a decent low post player thru a trade for Kirk?

SportsNation David Thorpe: Maybe, but doubtful.

Greg (Oklahoma City, OK): Do you personally think that Tyrus Thomas has a good shot at putting up 20 points and 10 rebounds a night at some point in his career?

*SportsNation David Thorpe: No. Unless he plays for D'Antoni.

Nasir, Philly: Better fit next to Rose: Gordon or Hinrich?

*SportsNation David Thorpe: BG.

keith (WPB,FL): Are you crazy BG has no friggen D. I would rather keep hinrich for his D.

*SportsNation David Thorpe: That's what Rose will bring.

Jay, Naperville: Rose's elite athleticism and strength at the PG position is similar to Lebron's at the SF don't you think?

SportsNation David Thorpe: No, i do not think.

Scooter, Chicago: Will the Bulls pull any kind of major trade this summer? Back court is awfully crowded with Rose in the mix.

SportsNation David Thorpe: Yes, I think so.

John Paxson, Chicago IL: Do you like my hire of Vinny Del Negro? I think he will surprise many and be a sleeper for coach of the year...

SportsNation David Thorpe: It's possible. They should be a better team.

Alvin: If you were Kirk Hinrich, would you feel disgruntled right about now?

*SportsNation David Thorpe: No-passionate about finding my game again.

oe (IN): Somebody mentioned Hinrich to Seattle for the 24th pick, would you do it for both teams?

SportsNation David Thorpe: No-Kirk is more valuable than that.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: David Thorpe Chat Wrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9

*Jay (Chicago): You worked with Luol Deng at your training Center. Do you think he's an NBA All-Star this upcoming season?

SportsNation David Thorpe: Likely yes, depending on who he is playing for. He's totally healthy now.

*SportsNation David Thorpe: Based on numbers, I get it. But Rose had the misfortune of playing in an offense where everyone dribbled before shooting. Tough to rack up assists that way. And his shooting should get more consistent.

Steve (Chicago): Hey David, I was wondering what Kirk's trade value is? I mean could they get a decent low post player thru a trade for Kirk?

SportsNation David Thorpe: Maybe, but doubtful.

*SportsNation David Thorpe: No. Unless he plays for D'Antoni.

*SportsNation David Thorpe: BG.

SportsNation David Thorpe: Yes, I think so.

SportsNation David Thorpe: No-Kirk is more valuable than that.
[/b]

Good to see Luol Deng finally has a legitimate shot at being an all-star... but why does he say depending on who he is playing for? I know Paxson will resign him and he'd be crazy to trade him unless its for a steal of a post player???

I always did think Rose's stats were low and now that I think of it like that, it makes alot more sense. If Rose plays along side Deng and Gordon, he will be racking up assists because they are spot up shooters (even though they can create for themselves) and a few to thomas here and there.

Looks like we will have to package Hinrich with others to get anyone significant.

Thomas will be successful in New York? David Lee is on the trading block right now... (General trade) Thomas and Kirk for Lee & another?

Last edited by CaNt Be ToUcHeD : 06-25-2008 at 02:39 PM.
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: David Thorpe Chat Wrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
Thomas will be successful in New York? David Lee is on the trading block right now... (General trade) Thomas and Kirk for Lee & another?

The problem with a trade like that is that we would have to take on a bad contract in return, as David Lee makes about $2 million/year. Also, the Knicks are positioning themselves to make a run at Lebron, Wade, or Bosh in the 2010 offseason, and Donnie Walsh has made it clear that he will not take on any large contracts that extend beyond that. Hinrich is signed through 2012 I believe, and his contract is exactly what they want to avoid, even though it is frontloaded.

I also don't think we would be getting the better end of the deal in this trade unless it is for Lee and the #6 pick, which wouldn't work salary wise, but would be interesting. I don't really think there would be a need for anyone available at the #6 spot, but you never know.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: