Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-07-2008, 02:21 AM   #16
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2nd round pick idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
I would say, assuming they trade a guard or two, I would go after Bill Walker IF available. Even Sonny Weems from Arkansas would be a nice fit with Rose running the point. Even that dude from Turkey looks pretty good for a big man..Semih Erden. Drafting a good young European player might not be a bad idea. Serge Ibaka and Nicolas Batum would be freakin sweet in the second round!!! Guys check out Batum on youtube!! Sorry ..I was dreaming for a moment...Batum won't last til the second. Euro in second round!

I like the Walker idea, hell if they have Walker try out for them and then are able to get him, you could say bye bye to Deng as well as Gordon. Walker has potential to be an All-Star - if he continues to stay healthy and not do anything else to that knee. He didn't come all the way back from his injury like Brandon Rush did, but Rush healed really fast, he could possibly just need a little more time. As for a Euro player, forget that, there are so many American players that are good enough to fill roles on the team and college to pros is a lot easier than euro to NBA.

And sorry WadeoverLeBron (not trying to bash you or anything) but if you have been watching KU ball for a looooooong time, then you'd know Kaun has no "j". I know Noah doesn't either, but Kaun really has no touch around the basket. He is a great energy guy and keeps at it, but most of his points in college came off the fact he was just bigger than everyone else. It's not like he is a retarded offensive player, I mean he has okay footwork and a nice hook shot, but he bascially throws it at the basket and gets his own rebound to dunk it in. I don't think I have ever seen him take a jumpshot, and judging by his free throws that is a good thing.

You call this a "j"?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QCJnmmi36...eature=related

His offensive game is very raw to say the least, but considering he is very strong, big and VERY smart on and off the court he would be able to learn a lot from a guy like Drew Gooden with post moves. He would be a perfect 2nd round pick because I will say it now, he will have NO negative effect on any team character wise, this guy is a class act.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #17
Adambomb
I airball my layups

Adambomb has an OK reputation so far
Post Re: 2nd round pick idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
idk much about kahn could he score better than noah?
silly quote, he can score better than noah, and runner better too
Adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #18
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

I been reading on mock drafts that the Bulls could select Shan Foster.

http://images.ask.com/fr?q=Shan+Fost...art%253D0&qt=0

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=22108

Larry Hughes contract is up in 2010 and he'll be 32 and you know his history with injuries. This guy could be the SG the Bulls could depend on in the future and please he isn't an undersize guard and he can play the SF spot.

Last edited by idizzle : 06-17-2008 at 10:09 PM.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:09 AM   #19
problym_chyld04
I airball my layups

problym_chyld04 has an OK reputation so far

Guys that I do like if they're still on the board(in no particular order):
R.Hendrix
G.Forbes
(Oregon kids) Bryce Taylor/Malik Hairston
Mario Chalmers
problym_chyld04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:53 AM   #20
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I been reading on mock drafts that the Bulls could select Shan Foster.

http://images.ask.com/fr?q=Shan+Fost...art%253D0&qt=0

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=22108

Larry Hughes contract is up in 2010 and he'll be 32 and you know his history with injuries. This guy could be the SG the Bulls could depend on in the future and please he isn't an undersize guard and he can play the SF spot.

I saw a few Vandy games on TV this year, and Foster's shooting really impressed me, especially in tough situations and big games. His defense didn't really stand out though, so I don't know how well he would fare against NBA SGs or SFs, especially the more athletic ones. He really can hit any shot on the floor though.

Another guy I saw a little of and really liked was Jamont Gordon, SG from Miss. St. He probably won't be available in the second round because his stock is really rising, but everyone is saying good things about him.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:10 AM   #21
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

someone i forgot is brian randle, not as a 2nd rounder, he won't get drafted but the bulls should work him out as a undrafted rookie, he reminds me of a poor mans tayshaun prince
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:11 AM   #22
Captain Klank
I airball my layups

Captain Klank has an OK reputation so far

Ryan Anderson the PF from Cal would be a phenomenal pick in the 2nd round. He averaged 20 and 10 and for some reason he isn't regarded as a first round prospect by alot of people. I have started to see him creep into the late first round in some mocks but if he is there in the 2nd that would be great.
Captain Klank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:04 AM   #23
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Klank
Ryan Anderson the PF from Cal would be a phenomenal pick in the 2nd round. He averaged 20 and 10 and for some reason he isn't regarded as a first round prospect by alot of people. I have started to see him creep into the late first round in some mocks but if he is there in the 2nd that would be great.

Yeah, I saw that Chad Ford had us picking him in the second round, but now it's reported that the Spurs have guaranteed they will draft him, so that looks like it won't happen.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #24
buechlerforthree
I brick open layups

buechlerforthree has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGordon7
I hope Joey Dorsey falls to the 2nd round. The dude is a beast and it would be crazy if we got Dorsey and Rose.

DJ White with our second round pick. He is a tenacious rebounder with a soft mid-range jumper and is one of the most mature guys in the draft. On top of that hes a very good shot blocker. If you ever watched the guy, you know he is a leader and plays his heart out on top of being productive, which is just what the Bulls need. The only argument against him is that hes 6-8, but he plays like hes 6-10.

Dorsey is not a good offensive player...hes like a poor mans Maxiell.
buechlerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:47 PM   #25
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by buechlerforthree
DJ White with our second round pick. He is a tenacious rebounder with a soft mid-range jumper and is one of the most mature guys in the draft. On top of that hes a very good shot blocker. If you ever watched the guy, you know he is a leader and plays his heart out on top of being productive, which is just what the Bulls need. The only argument against him is that hes 6-8, but he plays like hes 6-10.

Dorsey is not a good offensive player...hes like a poor mans Maxiell.

Yeah, I've seen DJ White in Big Ten play the past 4 years, and he is a very steady big man. Won't hurt you anywhere, but isn't a dynamic player either. If we need a 6th big man, we could do a lot worse.

And Dorsey is basically Ben Wallace lite. No touch, no offense, just athletic and can grab rebounds and block shots. We don't need that again.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: