Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
e-Thugstylez
I Gave You Power

e-Thugstylez has decent reputatione-Thugstylez has decent reputation
Default Dead Rising

Anyone here played / beat Dead Rising for the 360?

e-Thugstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dead Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-Thugstylez
Anyone here played / beat Dead Rising for the 360?

yes
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
e-Thugstylez
I Gave You Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
yes

What are your opinions of the game?
Old 06-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
ALaz502
I airball my layups

ALaz502 has an OK reputation so far

beat it three times.

It's a very fun and original game, with a few shortcomings(terrible NPC AI).

It's also actually DIFFICULT until you level up that is. The save system isn't everyone's cup of tea. You only get ONE slot, there are no autosaves, and you can only save the game in the restrooms. Adds to the difficulty and the urgency of the game though.

Get it if you can find it cheap, it's a blast. My recommendation is that the first time you play it, just **** around, try to level up by saving people and killing random psychos first time through. Then the second time you play it do the case missions to the T. It's more enjoyable that way.

Oh and by the way, every time you restart the game (after beating it or even if you're unsatisfied with your choices and just want to start a new game) your character retains all the new attributes and level ups you got before(like extra health slots, extra equipment slots, strenght, etc, etc). So you can just replay it and beat it multiple times until you get your character to level 50.

Oh, and the storyline/atmosphere is MUCH better than 99% of all the zombie movies that have come out in the last 10 years.
ALaz502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #5
e-Thugstylez
I Gave You Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALaz502
beat it three times.

It's a very fun and original game, with a few shortcomings(terrible NPC AI).

It's also actually DIFFICULT until you level up that is. The save system isn't everyone's cup of tea. You only get ONE slot, there are no autosaves, and you can only save the game in the restrooms. Adds to the difficulty and the urgency of the game though.

Get it if you can find it cheap, it's a blast. My recommendation is that the first time you play it, just **** around, try to level up by saving people and killing random psychos first time through. Then the second time you play it do the case missions to the T. It's more enjoyable that way.

Oh and by the way, every time you restart the game (after beating it or even if you're unsatisfied with your choices and just want to start a new game) your character retains all the new attributes and level ups you got before(like extra health slots, extra equipment slots, strenght, etc, etc). So you can just replay it and beat it multiple times until you get your character to level 50.

Oh, and the storyline/atmosphere is MUCH better than 99% of all the zombie movies that have come out in the last 10 years.

Good synopsis of the game. Yeah, I've beat it too, but only once a long time ago. I'm just now getting around to re-playing it and banking all the Achievements. Did you gather all the Achievements? It's difficult getting them b/c like you said the save system is brutal. If you miss something, you may have to start a whole new game to get back to where you need to be to attempt an Achievement.

The game is amazing, and thus far is the second best game on the 360 IMO after BioShock.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:05 AM   #6
ALaz502
I airball my layups

ALaz502 has an OK reputation so far

Hah! I wrote that with the assumption that you've never played it. I usually assume that's what people want when they ask a message board about what they thought of the game. DOH!

I totally agree with you. It's in my top 3 best games on new gen systems and arguably one of my favorite games ever. I'm just a total sucker for anything that has to do with zombies, and this is actually something that has to do with zombies that's AWESOME! I'm leveled up at 50 and STILL playing this game.

I'm not even gonna try for all the achievements. But this game integrates the achievements well with the replayability. Heck, some of the achievements pretty much require you to play the ENTIRE 6 hour game through just to get them. But now I'm working on the punisher achievement (10 psycopaths killed), and the lifesaver(save 20 people). I'm dedicating this playthrough JUST for those two achievements. The next playthough I'm going for the Zombie Genocide (Kill 53,594 zombies!!!!!!)

Next game on my list to beat is Bioshock(waiting for it to come down to $24 not enough replay value in it for me to shell out more than that).

After that is Star Wars: Force Unleashed!!! That game looks SO sick.

Last edited by ALaz502 : 06-14-2008 at 02:29 PM.
ALaz502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:49 AM   #7
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

YAH trick YAH has decent reputationYAH trick YAH has decent reputation

It was pretty fun, but I never could beat it before I had to return the game
YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: