Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 06-04-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
HoopWiz2008
I airball my layups

HoopWiz2008 has an OK reputation so far
Default Draft Targets

The Warriors should be approaching this draft with intentions of adding depth and size to this small front court. With Matt Barnes more than likely not returning as with Mikael Pietrus, a small forward would be a nice pick here. At pick 14, they're not going to get an impact player. If there isn't a small forward available worth that high of a pick, then a power forward with size would help.

1. Joe Alexander - 6'8 - SF - West Virginia

Alexander is my first choice. Even though he's a Junior, he still has room to grow because of his size, athleticism, and strength. It can be argued that he maybe the best athlete in this draft. He's a good shot blocker and rebounder as well. He reminds me of a Josh Smith type player. Would be a nice player to have off the bench for energy and hustle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdAYy...eature=related

2. Nicolas Batum - 6'8 - SF - France

I would prefer Gallinari here, but he'll be gone by the time the Warriors pick. Batum is a taller Mikael Pietrus with ball handling and passing skills. May not be ready to contribute right away, but he's still only 19 years old and has great upside and has Joe Johnson type potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT7SV6qAGGQ

3. Kosta Koufos - 7'0 - PF/C - Ohio State

The American born player with the combination of the European finesse game to go with the physicalities of the American game. Holding dual citizenships here and in Greece, he has experience in the FIBA as well as playing at Ohio State. A mobile 7 footer that can play power forward as well as center in the league. Has a vast arrays of hook shots and a Tim Duncan like bank shot. Can shoot the 3 with great accuracy and take his man off the dribble. A solid shot blocker and rebounder. At this point, he's a Darko Milicic type player but still has room to grow and get better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy1oK55kwMc

4. Darrell Arthur - 6'9 - PF - Kansas

Mocks have this guy going anywhere from 5 to 15. I think the chances of him being there at 14 is slim, but if he is, he would be a great pick for the Warriors. During his freshman season, he had his way with the front court that eventually won the championship (Noah and Horford).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ODKbu0fcys

Other Prospects: Marresse Speights, Donte Green, Chris Douglas Roberts, Chase Budinger
HoopWiz2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:33 AM   #2
Hopper15
Serious playground baller

Hopper15 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Draft Targets

I want Marreese Speights at 14, he would give us a solid trio of big man with BWright and Andris. Speights has a nice Mid range jumper, he has some low post moves and he rebounds well.

If he's gone my second choice is Brandon Rush, he's a 2/3 with length who can defend and play off the ball well.
Hopper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:56 AM   #3
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think we should try and grab DJ at 14, then trade Davis as a large expirer for a servicable, offensive-minded big man.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:30 PM   #4
Hopper15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I think we should try and grab DJ at 14, then trade Davis as a large expirer for a servicable, offensive-minded big man.

Baron isn't going anywhere for at least another year.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:39 PM   #5
mike239489

Arthur for sure if he's still available that late in the draft. What day is draft day btw?
Old 06-12-2008, 03:18 AM   #6
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper15
Baron isn't going anywhere for at least another year.

Baron's last year with GS will be next season. If we want to get anything for him we will have to trade him next season (before the trade deadline) as a 17 million $ expirer.

Otherwise, after this season B. Diddy is just going to walk away and we get nothing but cap space (which is ok i guess).

If DJ drops to 14 we have to get him. The guy is underrated and will be a starting PG in the NBA for years, in my opinion.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #7
Hopper15

I'm starting to have that feeling we'll take that Kosta Koufos kid. We all know Nellie loves a big man who can step out and shoot so he can cause mis matches.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: