Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-07-2008, 12:58 AM   #1
BigJake™
I'm As Cold As Ice...

BigJake™ has decent reputationBigJake™ has decent reputation
Exclamation Why Does ESPN show the NBA No Love?

Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees this? Top 10 plays last night, only one from the finals, and even during the regular season...They'll recap HALF the NBA games for about 70 seconds all together and then move on. Basketball and Baseball season are both equally long yet baseball gets 1,000,000 times the coverage...what's up with that? Whatever sport is still in season outshines the NBA, hockey, mlb, golf, derby...is it just me? I'd rather watch the NBA Finals on TNT, hell atleast Inside the NBA is an hour full of NBA Analysis, rather than 35 seconds of it

Last edited by BigJake™ : 06-07-2008 at 01:16 AM.
BigJake™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #2
BigJake™
I'm As Cold As Ice...

Default Re: Why Does ESPN show the NBA No Love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJake™
Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees this? Top 10 plays last night, only one from the finals, and even during the regular season...They'll recap HALF the NBA games for about 70 seconds all together and then move on. Basketball and Baseball season are both equally long yet baseball gets 1,000,000 times the coverage...what's up with that? Whatever sport is still in season outshines the NBA, hockey, mlb, golf, derby...is it just me?

nobody? feels the same?
Old 06-07-2008, 01:19 AM   #3
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

IF their lovechild, LeBron James, was in the Finals. They would dedicated an entire Sportscenter to him. Of course it would be hosted by Mike Tirico and Doris Burke w/ Closed Captioning on because you wouldn't hear a single word said with LeBron's junk in their mouth ther whole time.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:29 AM   #4
KokeAyne
High School Varsity 12th Man

KokeAyne has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
IF their lovechild, LeBron James, was in the Finals. They would dedicated an entire Sportscenter to him. Of course it would be hosted by Mike Tirico and Doris Burke w/ Closed Captioning on because you wouldn't hear a single word said with LeBron's junk in their mouth ther whole time.

Their on Kobes nuts just as much as LeBrons.
KokeAyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:44 AM   #5
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon

Hilarious. I'll rep you for this
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:27 AM   #6
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

Where else could the world turn to for women's badminton? Hater!
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:07 AM   #7
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Baseball is just a more popular sport then basketball no ways around it.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #8
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Save your time and energy and avoid all things ESPN until the games come on. No pregame/halftime/postgame garbage, none of the screaming matches that comes on during the weekdays, and NO Sportscenter, which is the worst show on television.

I haven't watched anything non-games related on ESPN for the past 3 years now, and my sports watching experience has been much more enjoyable because of it.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

mlb has over 160 games.its a lot to cover. i think its funny how espn gives hockey no love. they barely analyze the finals hahaah
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:56 AM   #10
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJake™
Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees this? Top 10 plays last night, only one from the finals, and even during the regular season...They'll recap HALF the NBA games for about 70 seconds all together and then move on. Basketball and Baseball season are both equally long yet baseball gets 1,000,000 times the coverage...what's up with that? Whatever sport is still in season outshines the NBA, hockey, mlb, golf, derby...is it just me? I'd rather watch the NBA Finals on TNT, hell atleast Inside the NBA is an hour full of NBA Analysis, rather than 35 seconds of it

Yea I agree. The PP 4-point play was on there and that was it. I was expecting both KG dunks and the Kobe alley-oop on there as well.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #11
rs98762001
Great young streetballer

rs98762001 has an OK reputation so far

Every time I turn ESPN on there's something about Lakers-Celtics. If anything, it strikes me that their coverage is complete overkill.
rs98762001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #12
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Save your time and energy and avoid all things ESPN until the games come on. No pregame/halftime/postgame garbage, none of the screaming matches that comes on during the weekdays, and NO Sportscenter, which is the worst show on television.

I haven't watched anything non-games related on ESPN for the past 3 years now, and my sports watching experience has been much more enjoyable because of it.

You hit the nail on the head.

There are very few good analysts. They try to cover up for a lack of knowledge by crafting a certain persona. If I wanted to listen to comedy, I would turn to comedy central. Then you have guys who, try at they might, just offer bland analysis. My friends and I could come up with that stuff that they get paid to say. I wish they had people who could break down the X's/O's of the game, but they choose to dumb down the material to appeal to the casual fans.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #13
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
You hit the nail on the head.

There are very few good analysts. They try to cover up for a lack of knowledge by crafting a certain persona. If I wanted to listen to comedy, I would turn to comedy central. Then you have guys who, try at they might, just offer bland analysis. My friends and I could come up with that stuff that they get paid to say. I wish they had people who could break down the X's/O's of the game, but they choose to dumb down the material to appeal to the casual fans.
i think nfl live has good analysts. thats about it
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #14
BigJake™
I'm As Cold As Ice...

Exclamation Re: Why Does ESPN show the NBA No Love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs98762001
Every time I turn ESPN on there's something about Lakers-Celtics. If anything, it strikes me that their coverage is complete overkill.

BULLSH*T....they mention the finals about once every 3 minutes, meanwhile they cover the sh*t out of everything else, 82 regular season games and they would only recap a few each night and none of the plays would be in the top 10 and ALSO, they'd put freaking NBA fastbreak on at midnight and if college basketball is still in season, NBA Fastbreak is only 15 minutes long because they split it with College Game Night...ESPN is full of ****...THE FINALS ON TNT IN 09 FTW, I'M STARTING THE PETITION NOW!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #15
stewen12
Banned

stewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation here

i dont feel that way
stewen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: