Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default NBA Finals Celtics vs. Lakers Gamethread

Celtics vs. Lakers

PG: Rajon Rondo/Derek Fisher
SG: Ray Allen/Kobe Bryant
SF: Paul Pierce/Vladimir Radmanovic
PF: Kevin Garnett/Lamar Odom
C: Kendrick Perkins/Pau Gasol

Celtics Bench: Cassell, Brown, Powe, Posey, House

Lakers Bench: Vujajic, Farmar, Mbenga, Turiaf, Ariza

Let's Go Celtics
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: NBA Finals Celtics vs. Lakers Gamethread

Well what an inspiring performance from Paul Pierce. He could have easily gave up but he rode the adrenaline and came back and knocked down two big threes. We got a great performace from the big three. Pierce had a tough first half, but KG was on fire and Ray did other things to help the team. Cassel, Brown, Powe, and Posey did a wonderful job off the bench.

After the game Kobe said he missed some bunnies. He didn't want to admit that the Celtics D put the clamps on him. Lebron James got the same treatment. If Ray and Paul can continue to lock Kobe up, no way they can beat us.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
R.I.P-Chick
Decent playground baller

R.I.P-Chick has decent reputationR.I.P-Chick has decent reputation

Laker fan chipping in, hope you guys accept us
Just wanna see a hard fought series and not being a troll and what not. I will give props where due, and the C's deserve theirs for Game 1.

My thoughts for Game 2:

--My thought is we will get out rebounded but I dont see Pierce going off like that, he will get his points but not go all crazy like that.
-- Kobe will not shoot so poorly again, he will be in the gym all day and night because that is how he is, he knows the stage.
-- PJ Brown man I fear this guy, old and productive, he will be a boost for the C's.
-- Refs will not call those ticky tack foul IMO, I want it physical baby!
-- KG will go for a 0-5 drought but no worse. Will have a big game though
-- Gasol and Odom will show up in the 2nd Half hopefully.
-- Ray Ray will I cant really decide which Ray Ray we will see.
-- Benches- LA by a slight edge, within 5 point range.

FINAL RESULT: Lakers by 1-6 points in a close one, I just see Phil making the necessary adjustments and will not this game pass by. I expect as good one
R.I.P-Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #4
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

The celtics can't seem to hold on to a big lead when they get it. If they can learn to do that we will keep winning.

Edit: Oh and come back anytime...
Old 06-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #5
R.I.P-Chick
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
The celtics can't seem to hold on to a big lead when they get it. If they can learn to do that we will keep winning.

Edit: Oh and come back anytime...

Somehow the Lakers cant either
I expect it close all series and tomorrow wont be any different
Old 06-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #6
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

We have to find a way to stop Gasol. He was quiet in the fourth because he didn't get many touches, but if they keep going to him, we could be in some trouble.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:29 AM   #7
R.I.P-Chick
Decent playground baller

With the pick n roll kobe attracts so much attention its hard not coming up on the screen thus leaving gasol open so containing him is difficult but you have the defensive player of the league on your side so your in some good hands lol
Old 06-07-2008, 10:22 AM   #8
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

We've had trouble with several bigs in the playoffs and in this series it's been no difference. Horford, Big Z and McDyess were all problems and now Gasol.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:19 PM   #9
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

!!!go lakers!!!
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #10
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Hopefully Pierce will play!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #11
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
Hopefully Pierce will play!
Well if he hurt that bad then he would not have come back in game 1... but do you honestly believe he would miss out on any game of the Finals? It could be his last because there is no guarantee.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:19 PM   #12
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

He just had an adrenaline rush. I guarantee you he was sore the next morning, but he's a warrior. Pierce knows what is at stake and he didn't come this far to lose.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: