Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 09-04-2006, 02:41 AM   #1
barcus
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Talking How to save the wolves

hmmm....
the wolves will not make the playoffs with the current lineup. what if the made the following trades? both to save money and have a very competetive team.

min - mem
kg, blount and jaric for gasol, jones, gay, 1st pick 2008 and $3M.
mem gets KG! help at PG with damon questionable and a replacement for wright.

min - mia
hassell and james for posey, anderson, 1st pick 2008 and $3M.
mia gets help at PG since payton will not get any younger. posey's defense will be replaced by hassell.

min - den
hudson and mccants for joe smith, 1st pick 2008 and $3M.
den gets their shooter and insurance should andre miller walk next year at the same time clearing their front court logjam.

min - no
foye and madsen for marc jackson, 1st pick 2008 and $3M.
no gets their SG.

min - nj
griffin and wright for mcinnis and $3M.
nj gets the much needed frontcourt help while getting rid of headcase mcinnis.

min - tor
gay and davis for calderon, garbajosa, 1st pick 2008 and $3M.
tor gets the much needed scoring at the swing position.

min will then keep with gasol, calderon and garbajosa and bring in the whole fiba champion spanish team. they will also end up with $18M in cash and 5 1st round picks!

jones, posey, anderson, joe smith, marc jackson and mcinnis will give them about $40M in expiring contracts.

why not?
barcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:41 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
hmmm....
the wolves will not make the playoffs with the current lineup. what if the made the following trades? both to save money and have a very competetive team.

min - mem

min - mia
mia gets help at PG since payton will not get any younger. posey's defense will be replaced by hassell.

min - den
den gets their shooter and insurance should andre miller walk next year at the same time clearing their front court logjam.

min - no
no gets their SG.

min - nj

min - tor

min will then keep with gasol, calderon and garbajosa and bring in the whole fiba champion spanish team. they will also end up with $18M in cash and 5 1st round picks!

jones, posey, anderson, joe smith, marc jackson and mcinnis will give them about $40M in expiring contracts.

why not?

Why do all that when you could just sign a center?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:01 AM   #3
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Should Have Signed L.Wright
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
insidehoops
Administrator

The Grizzlies wouldn't do this: kg, blount and jaric for gasol, jones, gay, 1st pick 2008 and $3M.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:18 PM   #5
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Why would they trade Randy Foye for absolutely nothing. Just about all those trades are bad...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:51 AM   #6
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

When was the last time a team made 6 major trades such as those in one season???
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet
When was the last time a team made 6 major trades such as those in one season???
Ask Pat Riley. He has trade his entire team twice.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Should Have Signed L.Wright
And for cheap.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #9
browntown
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcus
hmmm....

min - mem

min - mia

min - den

min - no
no gets their SG.

min - nj

min - tor

why not?

Waste of time
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:28 PM   #10
insidehoops
Administrator

Gotta hope Randy Foye and rashad mccants become stars, and build around them, moving everyone else out, over the next 2-3 seasons
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:30 PM   #11
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

wow...not even one trade would go down from your list. this post is waste of time.....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:55 AM   #12
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

We need everyone to operate at their potential next year. Eddie Griffin needs to operate at half his potential and he would be a hell of a center for us. If Mike James did just as good as last season or better it would be great...then maybe we could trade him for some younger talent later on after Randy Foye turns in2 the magic point gaurd we've been waiting for...we hope at least he can play point in the end.
Then Rashad McCants successfully makes his comeback averaging 50% shooting and 40% 3-point. Ricky Davis gets older and wiser deciding to become a team player ontop of that becoming a better 3 point shooter or not taking the 3 at all and letting Rashad and James nail 3's over and over....James and Rashad are going to make a deadly team for outside shots...that's really going to benefit us in the future or this season if Rashad actually comes back this year.
If we get some outside range...I could really see our team making a much better push towards the playoffs. It would help Garnett a lot too so he can get his assists up and avoid double teams a little more often. Our clutch shooting is up this season now that we have 3 players we can count on to take the last second shot (Garnett, James, Davis...maybe Rashad). All is possible, but I'd be happy with James playing at last season level or a little below, Griffin playing at a decent level of play...i dont know how his offense will improve after the eye surgery but we mostly need him for his rebounds and blocks...if he can get his range back, that would make our team even better.
Then I would like it if Rashad came back and had a decent year. That's all that I ask and we should be a playoff team. DONT TRADE YET...chemistry is being built in training camp...hopefully it will help.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 09-25-2006 at 01:40 AM.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:57 PM   #13
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
We need everyone to operate at their potential next year. Eddie Griffin needs to operate at half his potential and he would be a hell of a center for us. If Mike James did just as good as last season or better it would be great...then maybe we could trade him for some younger talent later on after Randy Foye turns in2 the magic point gaurd we've been waiting for...we hope at least he can play point in the end. Then Rashad McCants successfully makes his comeback averaging 50% shooting and 40% 3-point. Ricky Davis gets older and wiser deciding to become a team player ontop of that becoming a better 3 point shooter or not taking the 3 at all and letting Rashad and James nail 3's over and over....James and Rashad are going to make a deadly team for outside shots...that's really going to benefit us in the future or this season if Rashad actually comes back this year. If we get some outside range...I could really see our team making a much better push towards the playoffs. It would help Garnett a lot too so he can get his assists up and avoid double teams a little more often. Our clutch shooting is up this season now that we have 3 players we can count on to take the last second shot (Garnett, James, Davis...maybe Rashad). All is possible, but I'd be happy with James playing at last season level or a little below, Griffin playing at a decent level of play...i dont know how his offense will improve after the eye surgery but we mostly need him for his rebounds and blocks...if he can get his range back, that would make our team even better. Then I would like it if Rashad came back and had a decent year. That's all that I ask and we should be a playoff team. DONT TRADE YET...chemistry is being built in training camp...hopefully it will help.

Paragraphs my friend, it really turns a blob into something beutiful.

As to the topic starter: I really you don't know what you are talking about man, I have a feeling the Wolves can easily make the playoffs this year. All they need is team chemistry, we have lots of talent, now we just need it to work.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:41 AM   #14
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
Paragraphs my friend, it really turns a blob into something beutiful.

As to the topic starter: I really you don't know what you are talking about man, I have a feeling the Wolves can easily make the playoffs this year. All they need is team chemistry, we have lots of talent, now we just need it to work.

I fixed it a little but it won't let me indent. Sometimes I stop typing with good format. I guess it's a nasty habit.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:33 PM   #15
final.wrath
Banned

randy foye is your last hope to try to compete in the near future.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: