Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

Default Billups For Camby?

We all know Joe D is out to make trades. How do the Denver fans feel about Chauncey returning to his home town team and sending the Pistons Camby. A true PG would help out in Denver. You have enough scoring fire power already. The team could opt to not resign AI when his contract is up. It helps Detroit because they have been lacking a defensive minded center for years now. it seems like a win-win situation to me as long as Camby can keep himself healthy.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #2
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Default Re: Billups For Camby?

i just made a a thread about dont trade camby, but even id take billups for camby straight up- i just dont think the pistons would unless the nuggets added something?

if there were 2 players in the nba that are considered tradable right now that i think could pair with the 4 core players to the nugs (melo, nene; jr, klieza) it would be billups and rasheed

this lineup would win the nba title next year

billups
jr
melo/klieza
rasheed w/najera
nene

this way karl wouldnt have to coach the team- billups would- and melo and nene could go to work down low and wallace, billups,jr,& klieza could all shoot as many threes as they want-
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:53 AM   #3
dwight20-20
future footer

no way would the pistons EVER trade Billups for Camby straight up. I guess we could add another player in but i dont know if there is anyway to bring Billups back to denver
dwight20-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:58 AM   #4
dd24
College superstar

Putting them in the trade generator it doesn't allow for a straight up trade even though they make the same. I didn't necessarily mean straight up. They would just be the main pieces. I know Denver almost traded Detroit Smith before the season started so who knows what kind of package could be put together.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:56 AM   #5
Geandily
Local High School Star

As long as we don't give up Nene, Melo or Smith I'm fine with any trades, especially ones involving Billups
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #6
final.wrath
Banned

the problem is detroit is looking for a guy who can score in the post and Camby isn't good at that.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:51 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

I still think they can get a scorer by trading Rasheed. Also don't forget that Maxiell and Amir will be playing next to him and I think they will both be good scorers in the post.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:59 PM   #8
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Does Billups want to come back to Denver?
Possibly.
Will a team with Billups, Melo, and A.I. work?
I don't know.

What I do know is that Billups is probably the best point guard for Denver because he can play great D, a guy who can shoot three's, and is pretty clutch and is always consistent game in and game out. The only problem is, will Stan Kroenke want to pay another year of luxury tax.

The only way Detroit is willing to make this trade is if they have Camby and either J.R. or Kleiza into the deal. Detroit wants to build on their young players with Stuckey and add weapons like J.R. or Kleiza's into the lineup. For a team that is transitioning to become younger they seem to have it well organized and this maybe a step for them to get closer to the championship.

As for the Nuggets it will be hard for them to get rid of J.R. or Kleiza especially if J.R. isn't going to resigned. The Nuggets need to decide if they want to rebuild with the young guys they have in their core players like
Quote:
CaptainOwlClub said:melo, nene; jr, klieza
. Or do they want a championship here and now and are willing to take the chance with Billups.

Detroit might like this trade especially if J.R. or Kleiza is involved no matter what Camby does in the game because they know he brings in defense. The one thing is that I don't think the Pistons will give up Rasheed unless KLEIZA is involved because Kleiza is an up and coming star and will be for a long time for a team like Detroit.

Think about it, Detroit's organization rarely makes a mistakes that is why they are a consistent franchise, compare that to the Nuggets front office where they drafted Tskita in the first round instead of Amare Stoudemire or even Carlos Boozer a few years back. For the Nuggets it's all about now or the future.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:46 PM   #9
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
Think about it, Detroit's organization rarely makes a mistakes that is why they are a consistent franchise, compare that to the Nuggets front office where they drafted Tskita in the first round instead of Amare Stoudemire or even Carlos Boozer a few years back. For the Nuggets it's all about now or the future.
Well, that's not as bad as Detroit drafting Darko over Melo, Bosh, Wade, Josh Howard, David West, Kaman, Barbosa, and the list goes on, a few years ago.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:37 PM   #10
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
Does Billups want to come back to Denver?
Possibly.
Will a team with Billups, Melo, and A.I. work?
I don't know.

no - billups and iverson and melo wouldnt be ideal- but billups/jr/melo would- imo

-

if you had to give up one of the four young core players (melo,nene, jr, klieza) it would have to be klieza

is klieza& camby enough for billups? or does that get us started on getting billups& rasheed? camby/klieza/k-mart for billups/wallace/ratliff? do we add picks or chucky atkins or hunter ?

i would probobly do camby & klieza for billups- imo that is giving up the 4th and 5th most important peices on this roster, but trading it for a new #2 would be worth it-
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #11
dd24
College superstar

I don't think Billups and AI are an ideal back court for any team. But isn't AI a free agent after next season? I was thinking they would just let him go and have that big contract drop off. Billups has a decent contract, especially for a PG of that caliber in the league today. It would actually help out your cap situation in the long run. AI will probably get a bigger contract than Billups where ever he signs. The last thing Denver needs is more scoring. To me, Billups, JR, and Melo is a tough team to match up with. Especially if they could get some production from Martin.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:31 AM   #12
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted By dd24
To me, Billups, JR, and Melo is a tough team to match up with. Especially if they could get some production from Martin.

I agree with this 100% because I think without A.I. we have a better shot at getting at where we want to be next year. Plus, we don't have to decide who should have to play the point next year with Billups, and J.R. will start at his regular position at the two guard. With a lineup with Billups, Smith, Melo, Martin, and Nene we could be a force in the Western Conference. The one thing we need to secure is a back up for both Nene (who has been plagued with injuries his whole career) and K-Mart who is in the same situation as Nene. If we can get this deal done, we need to draft a center, and hopefully we can develop Green to be a back up for Billups. With this in place we can still be a young team, but still have the ability to win the championship with some reliable veterans.

There is one question though, Will Kroenke give up Kleiza? Because his son and Kleiza knew each other in college and I'm not sure if he wants to deal him. Since we could have gotten Artest, before the trade deadline last year, but Kroenke didn't pull the trigger.

It's not a question of how can we get Billups, but it is a question of are we willing to get Billups.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:15 PM   #13
dd24
College superstar

Lately, I've been seeing reports of Carmello to Detroit. It doesn't make a ton of sense to me at this point since Detroit needs a center more than anything. Besides that it would really go to show how dumb of a move it was to draft Darko #2. Anyway around it, there's a lot of talk about Carmello getting traded. How do you guys feel about that.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #14
Geandily
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Lately, I've been seeing reports of Carmello to Detroit. It doesn't make a ton of sense to me at this point since Detroit needs a center more than anything. Besides that it would really go to show how dumb of a move it was to draft Darko #2. Anyway around it, there's a lot of talk about Carmello getting traded. How do you guys feel about that.

If Carmelo is traded the Nuggets will go back sucking like they had been since Alex English left and before Carmelo was signed. That is, unless J.R. Smith is the next Kobe, something we may never know if he stays on the Nuggets because Karl hates him
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:25 AM   #15
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

There is no way we are going to trade Melo for Billups and Wallace. The only way we are going to trade Melo is if Stuckey is in the deal, but Joe D. loves Stuckey, so I don't think Melo will be in this trade.

I do think we could reobtain Billups because Stuckey seems to be playing very well and Billups might be in his way next season and Billups is expendable to the Pistons now. I think Billups for Camby straight is a high possibility unless they are going to throw Rasheed into the mix. Then we need to throw in Kleiza into the mix also.

The one thing I would not do in this trade is give away our 20th pick because it's crucial for our team to get a good young player, unless it's to get a higher pick in a three way deal with another team.

If Boston could do it with Pierce, Allen, and Garnett. We can do it with Billups, Iverson, and Melo. This could come in with a great bench with Smith and Kleiza (if he doesn't get dealt). Along with K-Mart who seems to have rejuvenated his career and Nene who should be healthy most of next season.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: