Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-06-2008, 12:30 AM   #31
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Did mj ever go 9-26 in a final in his prime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR
of course not!

mark jackson, jeff van gundy, that no name tool who announces with them...these guys are complete idiots who are trying to bring some excitement back to the NBA. it just hasn't been the same since the God retired. And it won't ever be the same.

I have to be honest, I didn't watch Game 1 of the NBA Finals. I was too busy watching the White Sox sweep the Royals with ease. And I'm not going to watch any of it because I already know the Boston Celtics will win it all. It is blatantly obvious.

Thankfully I don't live with you. I'd break the TV. Baseball over basketball?

Basketball regular season game>>>>>>Baseball game 7 of finals
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:31 AM   #32
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

kobe is no mj ...
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:31 AM   #33
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR
the same JVG who think that the league should institute crazy new rule after crazy new rule like if someone makes a shot from halfcourt the game is automatically tied? At first JVG was fun and a novelty. But now that has worn out. His voice is extremely annoying. And the only reason one would consider JVG one of the "best" announcers is because the NBA is devoid of any quality announcers to begin with.
I'm pretty sure he was joking about the half court rule.
Mark Jackson is pretty retarded though, I mean Kobe over Battier for 1st all defensive team?
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:33 AM   #34
JPR
Banned

JPR has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Thankfully I don't live with you. I'd break the TV. Baseball over basketball?

Basketball regular season game>>>>>>Baseball game 7 of finals

today's NBA is nothing like the great NBA games that took place in the 80's and 90's...you know when basketball peaked. Today's NBA is like the WWE. It is totally orchestrated and I don't have a problem with that since Stern has big plans for the Chicago Bulls.

I don't need to watch these finals because anyone who has been watching basketball this season should realize the C's are winning it all this year and probably going back 2 back next year as well.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:35 AM   #35
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k has not been impressing people

Mark Jackson has NBA knowledge, but the guy makes a lot of ridiculous statements. He also is clearly a Kobe fan.
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #36
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

juju151111 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR
the same JVG who think that the league should institute crazy new rule after crazy new rule like if someone makes a shot from halfcourt the game is automatically tied? At first JVG was fun and a novelty. But now that has worn out. His voice is extremely annoying. And the only reason one would consider JVG one of the "best" announcers is because the NBA is devoid of any quality announcers to begin with.
He jokes around alot, but he is very in depth and schools jacksom alot.Jackson didnt even now that phil only does that no timeout thing in the season .

Last edited by juju151111 : 06-06-2008 at 12:53 AM.
juju151111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:41 AM   #37
rs98762001
Great young streetballer

rs98762001 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAP Remix
I've been MIA 99% of the time since the start of last year's playoffs. I'm tempted to bring it back for next season.
Wow. What a coincidence. You just happen not to show up during the entirety of Bryant's MVP year, and don't post throughout the playoffs until he has a bad game. I'm assuming you will be back after Game 2 if he plays well, and not just disappear like the bytch you've always been.
rs98762001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:41 AM   #38
JPR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju151111
He jokes around alot, but he is very in depth and schools jacksom alot.Jackson didnt even now that phil only does that no timeout thing in the playoffs.

you're right about that, but it's not hard to school mark jackson. how this fool is considered an NBA coaching candidate I'll never know.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #39
AAP Remix
Banned

AAP Remix has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs98762001
Wow. What a coincidence. You just happen not to show up during the entirety of Bryant's MVP year, and don't post throughout the playoffs until he has a bad game. I'm assuming you will be back after Game 2 if he plays well, and not just disappear like the bytch you've always been.

Incorrect. I was spot posting throughout the playoffs...even the days the Lakers won. The same can't be said for other "Laker posters" when the Lakers aren't winning...elementally school ("official retirement" when the great Shaquille O'neal won his 4th championship), crisoner, purplegold4eva, lakerlogic, etc.

And what MVP? Do you mean LAA (Lifetime Achievement Award)?
AAP Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:48 AM   #40
Emile
National High School Star

Emile is a pretty well-respected posterEmile is a pretty well-respected posterEmile is a pretty well-respected poster

I swear, this Kobe-MJ will thing eventually become the biggest thing in the league. Ever. Russell vs Wilt, Magic vs Bird all rolled into one. It will be an endless debate and something that the sport will be known for. I can really see it.
Because as Kobe progresses, his fans will stand up against the MJ fans, not letting them twist things around and talk BS. While on the other hand, MJ fans will stay just like...well, as they are in this thread. With the kind of attention both get, it's what the sport will be known for.

It's amazing how fast you folks are to be opportunistic, bring out one bad performance by Kobe and immediately be like "He ain't no MJ, see, see, see..."
He's the only player going from great to mediocre in the span of a game. Folks look for the bad in him so much and want him down, so so much.
But does it matter though? Even if he had a great game, you'd still be saying the same. Just accept it, no matter what he does, you will never ever see him as MJ's equal or better. Never.

No excuses though. He was horrific tonight. If the Lakers lose the finals series because of him, for the 2nd time, this team when there are no bad circumstances and all, then you got a legit criticism to point out. And then you're right, someone who shoots at such greatness, that's something to definitely taint him.
But then again, as early as this is, it just shows you"ll take every chance you get.

Kobe will get his groove back. So will the Lakers. If I'm not correct, great for you. If I am, you will still dismiss any notion of Kobe being as good as Jordan. So what difference does it make?
Kobe isn't the first, isn't the last to have a bad finals performance...but then again, if it happens again, for the 2nd time..remember it was just 1st game, then you"ll have a great case against him. As much success as I do expect from him, this series probably is what makes him or breaks him. Puts him up there in the MJ talk or takes him out of it, then allowing him to become a great player but not quite MJ. We"ll see. And I tell, he's gonna ****ing do it. So will the Lakers.

So, enjoy it for now. We won't get down on ourselves and we will come back and do our best. Have your fun now.. This is far from over.
Emile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:50 AM   #41
JPR
Banned

hahaha at the above post. me thinks you never watched MJ play a day in your life. Kobe has the heart of a worm. MJ has the heart of a lion. Who was crying like a b*tch when his woman found out he had 1 on the side?
Old 06-06-2008, 12:50 AM   #42
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

If you hate the comparisons, why bring them up? This cycle will never end. Now when Kobe has a good game, some other idiot will make a thread comparing them... and so on. Let it die. Let it die.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:00 AM   #43
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

juju151111 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

EMILE STF^ who said i am basing it on one fing gm.Kobe almost never play good in finals and who twisting things i state facts while kobe fans dont.Kobe is not MJ get over it.MJ IS THE GOAT WHILE KB IS THE BEST PLAYER IN A LEAGUE WITHOUT MJ.
juju151111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:02 AM   #44
Emile
National High School Star

Emile is a pretty well-respected posterEmile is a pretty well-respected posterEmile is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR
hahaha at the above post. me thinks you never watched MJ play a day in your life. Kobe has the heart of a worm. MJ has the heart of a lion. Who was crying like a b*tch when his woman found out he had 1 on the side?

That's not true and you know it. Even Phil and Tex have said that Kobe's worked harder than any other player ever.
You guys jump at any chance. Are all talkative when you're up. Ok, no problem.

One of Kobe's best traits it that he always gets up, always keeps going and always....and I mean always...when people say something bad about him, he shuts them up, proves them wrong and excels.

His first game of this year's playoffs was bad. Thread got started. Critics started acting smart because they had the rep on him for not being a good playoff performer. Got silenced pretty fast.
Again, so many cants, wonts, isn't good enough, fails etc..were used against Kobe. He basically ****ted on every bad rep he got there. Where was the anti clutch log this year? Especially in the playoffs..where you know..he performs badly.

All I'm saying is, Kobe needs to fail first. It always is like that. He failed again.
I have no problem with anyone talking **** about tonight's game. He deserves it. He was awful. Lost the game. If he loses the series, go right ahead. You are right in what you say. He's not a good finals performer. But immediately jumping to conclusions, acting you're all right after game 1...we"ll see about that. That's all. We"ll see.
It's not that this thread bothers me or anything. Just very opportunistic. But we"ll see what happens and who's right in the end. That's all. Enjoy your victory for now.
Emile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:07 AM   #45
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emile
I swear, this Kobe-MJ will thing eventually become the biggest thing in the league. Ever. Russell vs Wilt, Magic vs Bird all rolled into one. It will be an endless debate and something that the sport will be known for. I can really see it.

it's really not that serious
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: