Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #16
whitebear
I airball my layups

whitebear has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Pau Gasol Googles 'Lakers + Celtics + Rivalry'

maybe they didn't have ESPN in spain back then. OR maybe he spent all his life in a basketball gym and never went out until he got a contract!
whitebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #17
stewen12
Banned

stewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
stewen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #18
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake

hahahaahahahahah
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #19
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebear
maybe they didn't have ESPN in spain back then. OR maybe he spent all his life in a basketball gym and never went out until he got a contract!

It's satire. It's a joke. It's not real.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:21 PM   #20
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullit

what. the. ****.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #21
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullit

I have a great follow-up picture to this, but it's the header of a website and would probably get me in trouble for "advertising."
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #22
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Hammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
It's satire. It's a joke. It's not real.

Like all satire, it has a heavy dose of truth in it. It's pathetic how little many modern players know about the history of the league.
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #23
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:33 PM   #24
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

Jesus Christ you people, the article is on the onion.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #25
Strangefruit
I brick open layups

Strangefruit has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime
Like all satire, it has a heavy dose of truth in it. It's pathetic how little many modern players know about the history of the league.

Anyway, Pau Gasol probably knows quite a lot about FIBA basketball from the '80s and early '90s. I'm sure he grew up watching the likes of Petrovic or Oscar rather than any of the NBA legends from that time.

So satire or not, it's obvious every player has a cultural background. And rightly so.

Apart from that, if it were not for the Internet, there wouldn't be such a load of "educated" fans pontificating about some bright past that meant absolutely nothing for them. Sports are an emotional territory, and I'll take first hand opinions and emotions any day of the week.
Strangefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #26
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The onion is a purely satircal site but yes its pretty hilarious.

If you havent seen this one, Tmac got cought jerking it to his own game footage.
http://www.theonion.com/content/news...ts_catch_tracy
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #27
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Hammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangefruit
Anyway, Pau Gasol probably knows quite a lot about FIBA basketball from the '80s and early '90s. I'm sure he grew up watching the likes of Petrovic or Oscar rather than any of the NBA legends from that time.

So satire or not, it's obvious every player has a cultural background. And rightly so.

Apart from that, if it were not for the Internet, there wouldn't be such a load of "educated" fans pontificating about some bright past that meant absolutely nothing for them. Sports are an emotional territory, and I'll take first hand opinions and emotions any day of the week.

NBA players have more free time than you and I could ever imagine. I mean, when a team drafts you or trades for you, you'd think you could read up a bit on them. This is obviously not directed at Pau specifically, but there's been plenty of boneheaded comments by players who are blissfully unaware of anything that happened more than 10 years ago.

Then again, in a world where Kobe Bryant has read one single book in 10 years, maybe I expect too much from professional athletes. It's so much easier to kill time during a flight by listening to all the great music your personal assistant has downloaded and put on your iPod.
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:19 PM   #28
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops

"I guess these teams go way back," Gasol told reporters, adding that he was also intrigued to learn that the Lakers themselves have a history that precedes their 1996 signing of Shaquille O'Neal. "Apparently, before I was born, the Lakers and Celtics used to play each other all the time, and the games were intense. It seems to have been a really big deal."

Pau continued the conversation...

"Apparently, the Charlotte Bobcats part-owner used to play in the NBA as well. He looks familiar...can't quite place it though."

"Who is this Jesus fellow people keep referring to? Did he play in the NBA?"

"Reporters kept asking me where I was on 9-11. Is 911 a room number at the hotel or something? I'm baffled".
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #29
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtrdff
Jesus Christ you people, the article is on the onion.

I think most people are amused by it and don't post, but little kids, overseas people who speak english as a second language or people whose brains don't get "satire" always feel compelled to respond.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: