Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 05-29-2008, 12:00 AM   #1
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far
Default Will the Nuggets Reload or Unload?

There has been many rumors flying around about trades concerning the Nuggets. I have the feeling that this is just the tip of the iceberg and there will probably be some surprises we might expect this offseason. On the other hand I just wonder if the Nuggets are just going to keep the squad they have and see if they can run with it next year.

Should the Nuggets keep MOST of their roster they have now or should they make a big splash in free agency, trades, and/or drafts?

I say we should just keep our one draft pick, pick up some undrafted free agents, trade some role players, and keep our main(star) players in check. I think Melo and A.I. understand the stakes of the Western Conference now and they need to step it up, especially with A.I. knowing that his age is going to catch up to him sooner or later.
If we draft a big guy in Hibbert or Ajinca then we gotta go after a point guard in the offseason.
If we get a Ty Lawson or Brandon Rush then we need to keep Camby and consider other big guys in the open maket to help out Camby (so he can rest, this guy can't be out there all alone on the defensive side of the ball, give him a break), not just a guy who can play defense, but who can post up offensively. I feel a center that can post up is what we have been missing and we could be dangerous if we have that. I know we have Nene, but we need to play it safe.

What are your thoughts?
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
porebo
I hit open 100-footers

porebo has decent reputationporebo has decent reputation
Default Re: Will the Nuggets Reload or Unload?

deenver should fire karl!
he always do bad decisions!and keep the rest of the team, or trade a.i. and other backup pg for a real PG and put jr at the lineup with melo k martin o healthy nene ad camby.
porebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really don't see much happening. Melo's GM dismissed rumors about Melo going to NJ. Kleiza is too valuable. No rumors about Camby so far. None about JR either. The most I can see happening is Iverson opting out and coming back. Knowing their front office, I wouldn't be surprised if they did absolutely nothing.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:37 PM   #4
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

I'm still hoping that Karl gets fired
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:53 AM   #5
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by porebo
deenver should fire karl!

And just start thinking to play as a team and not individuals. Now days the NBA is more 5-on-5 not 1-on-1 game.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: