Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation
Default The Celtics, TD Banknorth Garden and the meaning of HOME COURT ADVANTAGE.

Am I the only one who noticed how "TIGHT" the rims were last night on the Lakers end of the basket during each half??? Something doesn't add up. There's no way Kobe can have this many closely missed shots aka "bunnies" in a single game. Same with a few other Lakers players. I've re-watched Game 1 a little while ago and even when the shots miss on the Lakers' end.....it sounds funny coming off the rim.

I wouldn't put it past Boston's arena crew to have tinkered with the rims/equipment on the Lakers end of the floor before the game and at halftime. All it takes is a minor tweak and no one will hardly notice. I wouldn't be surprised if a desperate organization like Boston resorts to this kind of "bush league" tactics to get the upper hand.

The NBA league office neds to investigate this nonsense before Game 2. As a matter of fact, I have already emailed the League Office in New York and informed them of this. I personally requested that my email gets forwarded to David J. Stern and Stu Jackson. I will post their reply on Monday, since they are now closed for the weekend.

Also in an unrelated matter....WHY is Eddie House's little kid on the Celtics bench and running out to midcourt during play stoppage? He's not a ballboy or a member of the Celtics floor crew....yet he is everywhere (floor, huddles, sideline, on the actual bench, mid court, scorer's table, locker-room, etc.)

Isn't there some kind of league rule prohibiting player's kids/family members from being on the bench during an actual game?

KEEP YOUR DAMN KIDS AT HOME OR IN THE STANDS!!!!!

Last edited by Poseidon : 06-06-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Knuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: The Celtics, TD Banknorth Garden and the meaning of HOME COURT ADVANTAGE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A COMPLETE RETARD
I wouldn't put it past Boston's arena crew to have tinkered with the rims/equipment on the Lakers end of the floor before the game and at halftime. All it takes is a minor tweak and no one will hardly notice.

No one would notice some dude with a ladder adding some extra lining to one rim and removing some from the other.

ISH has reached a new low.
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #3
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Celtics, TD Banknorth Garden and the meaning of HOME COURT ADVANTAGE.

mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

juju151111 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

lol posidon once again proving me right.U are the dumbest LA fan on ish and they are plenty of dumb ones, but u take the cake
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #5
KokeAyne
High School Varsity 12th Man

KokeAyne has an OK reputation so far

Pathetic.
KokeAyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #6
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuck the Ficks
Are you retarded?

No one would notice some dude with a ladder adding some extra lining to one rim and removing some from the other.

ISH has reached a new low.

Ever been to an NBA game? Dude with ladders are making "adjustments" and checking electronic equipments all the time at the half and before the game.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:33 PM   #7
Spudjjay
Shining on em

Spudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation here

You Sir are b!tch made.
Spudjjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:33 PM   #8
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wow just wow... how effing pathetic can it get?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:34 PM   #9
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Knuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
I personally requested that my email gets forwarded to David J. Stern and Stu Jackson. I will post their reply on Monday, since they are now closed for the weekend.
Good luck with that.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #10
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I noticed the rims DID sound odd. But I would not attribute it to any foul play.
I assume the microphone was positioned in a new/different location. Or the sound from the mic itself was off.
It was a hollow kinda sound...and it was happening to both team (both rims).

or maybe it was the sound of my boy Kobe hitting the rim on every damn shot!

Last edited by bleedinpurpleTwo : 06-06-2008 at 10:38 PM.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #11
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Bob Woodward
Carl Bernstein
Poseidon
Old 06-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #12
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
I noticed the rims DID sound odd. But I would not attribute it to any foul play.
I assume the microphone was positioned in a new/different location. Or the sound from the mic itself was off.

The rims NEVER sounded that "stiff" in the Hawks, Cavs or Pistons series. There would be no reason for the microphones to be repositioned. Something is definitely up.

I guess the Celts are talking a page out of the New England Patriot's playbook.

p.s. I just copied the same email I sent to Stern and Jackson to the Lakers PR man, John Black. This needs to be investigated.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:41 PM   #13
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

How come this didn't cross your mind when LeBron himself had those ridiculous number of in and outs in Game 1 against Boston?
Indian guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:44 PM   #14
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy

How come this didn't cross your mind when LeBron himself had those ridiculous number of in and outs in Game 1 against Boston?

Good point. I just don't care enough about LeBron or the Cavs to have noticed closely. I only noticed this after watching the game on TiVo earlier today.

Once again, I wouldn't put it past a franchise like Boston to have done it vs the Cavs as well. When you've been irrelevant for the past decade and a half...you're bound to this type of unethical tactics.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #15
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Stop Wasting The Internetz
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: