Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 12:34 AM   #1
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star
 
CaNt Be ToUcHeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 528
CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far
Default If Derrick Rose is drafted on June 26...

by the Chicago Bulls, what do you think needs to be done to this team now? Do we take Rose and try to compete, trade the pick, trade for another pick, or trade players for other players? If what you think should be done happens, what would the season turn out to be like?
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:51 AM   #2
Maniak
Maniak
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 26,367
Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: If Derrick Rose is drafted on June 26...

probably hold him for about 2 years, if you dont like, he'll be traded
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:56 AM   #3
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If Derrick Rose is drafted on June 26...

I never really understand creating multiple threads when everyone is talking about the same thing in all the threads anyways.

It's simple.

If Rose is drafted, then you either deal Hinrich and Hughes away with possible fillers to get a big man who can score. Unless we can find a steal in the 2nd round (not likely).

If Beasley is drafted, then you don't really have any major trades that you need to make. Maybe move Tyrus - still try to trade Hughes. If Beasley is drafted then the 4 spot is good, we still need a center, maybe look for it in the 2nd round.

Pax just needs to look at the roster and mold a solid team. It really isn't hard, it just takes balls and work. Something Pax doesn't have and isn't willing to do.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:58 AM   #4
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star
 
CaNt Be ToUcHeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 528
CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If Derrick Rose is drafted on June 26...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
I never really understand creating multiple threads when everyone is talking about the same thing in all the threads anyways.

It's simple.

If Rose is drafted, then you either deal Hinrich and Hughes away with possible fillers to get a big man who can score. Unless we can find a steal in the 2nd round (not likely).

If Beasley is drafted, then you don't really have any major trades that you need to make. Maybe move Tyrus - still try to trade Hughes. If Beasley is drafted then the 4 spot is good, we still need a center, maybe look for it in the 2nd round.

Pax just needs to look at the roster and mold a solid team. It really isn't hard, it just takes balls and work. Something Pax doesn't have and isn't willing to do.

what scoring big is currently on the trade block?

everyones sayin beasley wants and will play 3 if he wants to be as effective as he was in college tho

i dont think a center coming out of the second round will be better than noah

Last edited by CaNt Be ToUcHeD : 06-08-2008 at 01:07 AM.
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:18 AM   #5
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If Derrick Rose is drafted on June 26...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
what scoring big is currently on the trade block?

everyones sayin beasley wants and will play 3 if he wants to be as effective as he was in college tho

i dont think a center coming out of the second round will be better than noah

Good thing I am involved in the NBA?, how the hell should I know who is on the block lol

Everyone is a bunch of Chicago fans who wants to see Rose rather than Beasley, he is bigger than a lot of 4's in the NBA, he is no way undersized for that position, he dominated it in college, he can be an All-Star at that position in the NBA. Okay so he wants to play the 3, that really just means he doesn't want to be restricted to the paint area, he wants to be able to use his shooting stroke - which is why he is a great fit for Chicago, we don't have a big man who can hit a jump shot, he can. So you put him on the elbow and let him do his work from there. He is money from 15, and can hit an NBA 3 consistantly, so that is going to keep the big men honest, which in turn is going to open up the spacing in the lane for someone like Hughes or even Kirk. Also having Beasley on the floor would give the team more chances to run. Having Beasley on the roster, IMO just gives you so many more options and different looks than you'd get with Rose.


Obviously not unless a player develops, which is why I said (not likely). Only player that comes to mind is Sasha Kaun, but he can't really score, next to Beasley though he'd have more room to operate and use his big body. And he is smart enough to learn from a guy like Gooden, or Beasley a bunch of moves that would work for him under the basket. His offensive game is very raw, but he is probably one of the smartest guys in the draft so him being able to learn some moves wouldn't be an issue.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:30 AM   #6
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star
 
CaNt Be ToUcHeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 528
CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If Derrick Rose is drafted on June 26...

u like the colors tho right??
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:09 AM   #7
plowking
Banned
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 22,769
plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If Derrick Rose is drafted on June 26...

Chicago should go for Beasley. He's the best player in the draft at the moment, and I'd rather have him on my team then Rose. Since when did everyone jump on the Rose bandwagon? Beasley was the undisputed best college player and then a week till the end, everyone jumps on Rose?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:03 AM   #8
dak121
College superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,384
dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: If Derrick Rose is drafted on June 26...

Irregardless of who is drafted.

1) Fire Paxson.
2) Let the new GM hire a coach.
3) Build the team around the #1 pick.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #9
Scott Pippen
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,323
Scott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this board
Default Re: If Derrick Rose is drafted on June 26...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Irregardless of who is drafted.

1) Fire Paxson.
2) Let the new GM hire a coach.
3) Build the team around the #1 pick.
Scott Pippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #10
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If Derrick Rose is drafted on June 26...

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Chicago should go for Beasley. He's the best player in the draft at the moment, and I'd rather have him on my team then Rose. Since when did everyone jump on the Rose bandwagon? Beasley was the undisputed best college player and then a week till the end, everyone jumps on Rose?

Says the Miami fan who wants OJ Mayo instead of Beasley.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #11
lil baller
wade=mvp
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 694
lil baller has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If Derrick Rose is drafted on June 26...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Says the Miami fan who wants OJ Mayo instead of Beasley.
what????if you havent saw miami roster, they have enough forwards
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:34 PM   #12
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If Derrick Rose is drafted on June 26...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil baller
what????if you havent saw miami roster, they have enough forwards

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/depth?team=mia

I have SEEN Miami's roster. They don't have very quaility big men. You resign Jason Williams and sign Beasley and you are back in business. But obviously you haven't seen their roster because most of the players contract's are up.

Blake Ahearn (PG)
Earl Barron (C)
Ricky Davis (SG/SF)
Alonzo Mourning (C)
Kassib Powell (SF)
Chris Quinn (PG)
Jason Williams (PG)
Dorell Wright (SF)

8 players contracts expired this season - how are you going to ask if I have seen their roster, it's depleted - meaning they really don't have a roster right now.

Yeah I'll give it to you, their main need right now is a point guard, considering the only one they have on the roster is Marcus Banks. But you really think Haslem is going to get it done for you? Because he is really the only PF that you have unless you want to move Marion over - but then you don't have a small forward. Mark Blount, have fun as the starting center, haha. Seriously, you know how bad that looks - "Yeah our starting center is Mark Blount", you can't be serious with him as a starter. The fact is Jason Williams isn't going to be getting that 8 million dollar salary that he had because he is out of his going out of his prime as seen last season, which means he will be cheaper (maybe 5 million?), and he would get the job done, as he did when they won a ring. Even Wade would be able to handle the ball a little. And even if you trade down to get Mayo, you still have to match contracts - it's not like Miami is going to give the 2 up for the 3. And it's not like Minny is dying to move up.

Minny has a SF they drafted last year in the first round in Corey Brewer and their best player in Jefferson plays the 4, they don't need Beasley. They need a center - Lopez will be there for the taking. Their 2nd need is a shooting guard, OJ Mayo could easily fill that role for them as well, what makes you think they're going to want to give up more than just their pick to move up 1 spot? They're already in a great position.

Please humor me some more by saying Miami is set at the forward spot - Haslem is their best forward, and he isn't anything special.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:06 PM   #13
lil baller
wade=mvp
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 694
lil baller has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If Derrick Rose is drafted on June 26...

wtf halsem gets it done...okay you guys are trying to convince us that kirk is in the top 10 pgs in the league, then why get rose when your main need is beasly
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #14
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell
 
Dengness9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Windy City
Posts: 3,939
Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If Derrick Rose is drafted on June 26...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil baller
wtf halsem gets it done...okay you guys are trying to convince us that kirk is in the top 10 pgs in the league, then why get rose when your main need is beasly



You are seriously one of the dumbest people ever. Haslem is an above average PF but not even a double double average. The Bulls don't just have one main need, they need a true PG and a scoring big man, but if Beasley is gonna play 3 we already have Luol Deng. We are not trying to convince anyone that Kirk is a top 10 PG in the league, more so a much better option at point, especially for the Heat. Kirk is a combo guard who needs to play next to a creator.... DWADE! You'll never understand, have a good time believing that OJ Mayo is a better pick at 2 then Beastley. And the fact that you underestimate Derrick Rose is also pathetic. Good Luck paying Marion 20 million a year to play SF/PF, a player who only cares about winning and money. Hey still think Hinrich and Deng are just role players????
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:12 PM   #15
lil baller
wade=mvp
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 694
lil baller has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If Derrick Rose is drafted on June 26...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
You are seriously one of the dumbest people ever. Haslem is an above average PF but not even a double double average. The Bulls don't just have one main need, they need a true PG and a scoring big man, but if Beasley is gonna play 3 we already have Luol Deng. We are not trying to convince anyone that Kirk is a top 10 PG in the league, more so a much better option at point, especially for the Heat. Kirk is a combo guard who needs to play next to a creator.... DWADE! You'll never understand, have a good time believing that OJ Mayo is a better pick at 2 then Beastley. And the fact that you underestimate Derrick Rose is also pathetic. Good Luck paying Marion 20 million a year to play SF/PF, a player who only cares about winning and money. Hey still think Hinrich and Deng are just role players????
hey u cant have superstars in every spot, u have to have role players(halsem). yes you guys are trying to convince us you try tellign us that trading 2 pick for kirk and deng.i would rather have rose than mayo, but the bulls might take him.i told you guys already kirk is a role player, deng is not a role player he is better than a role player
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy