Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 03:53 AM   #1
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell
 
Dengness9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Windy City
Posts: 3,988
Dengness9 has decent reputationDengness9 has decent reputation
Default Miami listening to trade offers... Miami Herald

"With several lottery teams expecting Chicago to pick Derrick Rose at No. 1, a rival executive who spoke to the Heat said Miami couldn't justify not taking Michael Beasley at No. 2 ''because he's a major asset'' but also said the Heat isn't discouraging trade inquiries. The executive said the problem with trading down to take USC guard O.J. Mayo, who is working out for the Heat this weekend, is that Minnesota (which picks third) and Seattle (fourth) don't have attractive assets they're willing to offer, noting the Wolves' Al Jefferson and the Sonics' Kevin Durant and Jeff Green aren't available. ''Memphis at No. 5 would be the best trade fit,'' the official said, though Mayo might be gone."

Miami Herald


Well it looks like the Heat's chances of trading the major asset known as the No. 2 pick aren't likely when dealing with Seattle,Minny, or Memphis. Once again, another reason why the Bulls are a likely canidate. Chicago most definitely has "attractive assets" in many positions. If Riley is in compete now mode, he most certainly has to be thinking of grabbing a package of Bulls vets who are still young in age but seasoned to the NBA by now. Every player on the Bulls would benefit highly from a change of scenery and playing next to a bondafide superstar. Watch out Heat fans, No.2 pick isn't safe!
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star
 
CaNt Be ToUcHeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 528
CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Miami listening to trade offers... Miami Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
"With several lottery teams expecting Chicago to pick Derrick Rose at No. 1, a rival executive who spoke to the Heat said Miami couldn't justify not taking Michael Beasley at No. 2 ''because he's a major asset'' but also said the Heat isn't discouraging trade inquiries. The executive said the problem with trading down to take USC guard O.J. Mayo, who is working out for the Heat this weekend, is that Minnesota (which picks third) and Seattle (fourth) don't have attractive assets they're willing to offer, noting the Wolves' Al Jefferson and the Sonics' Kevin Durant and Jeff Green aren't available. ''Memphis at No. 5 would be the best trade fit,'' the official said, though Mayo might be gone."

Miami Herald


Well it looks like the Heat's chances of trading the major asset known as the No. 2 pick aren't likely when dealing with Seattle,Minny, or Memphis. Once again, another reason why the Bulls are a likely canidate. Chicago most definitely has "attractive assets" in many positions. If Riley is in compete now mode, he most certainly has to be thinking of grabbing a package of Bulls vets who are still young in age but seasoned to the NBA by now. Every player on the Bulls would benefit highly from a change of scenery and playing next to a bondafide superstar. Watch out Heat fans, No.2 pick isn't safe!


lmao all u heat fans who said it wasnt possible^^^, there u go
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #3
plowking
Banned
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 22,769
plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Miami listening to trade offers... Miami Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
lmao all u heat fans who said it wasnt possible^^^, there u go

OK find me one place where we said it was possible apart from lil baller, who is a little over anxious with the trading thing.
Go on. Most of the Heat fans said it would be awesome, though never going to happen.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #4
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Miami listening to trade offers... Miami Herald

Well I had a huge thing typed out but it all went away when this broke sh!t signed me out. So I'll just post the trades I had down.

Bascially Heat trade down to get DJ Augustin from Texas to fill their PG need and get a center by swaping picks in the process.

Kings at #12.
Heat send Marion, 2nd pick and Cook or a 2nd round pick
Kings sent 12th pick, Artest, and Miller.

DJ
Wade
Artest
Haslem
Miller

Serious? Best defensive team in the league. Kings get Beasley, and would have him along with Martin, Hawes and Marion to build around.

Pacers at #11.
Heat send 2nd pick, Marion, and Blount.
Pacers send 11th pick, JO, and Tinsley.

DJ/Tinsley
Wade
Wright
Haslem
JO

Heat would have 2 All-Stars on their roster with some okay role players. Tinsley is the backup plan incase DJ struggles comming into the NBA.

Nets #10.
Heat send 2nd pick, Marion, and 2nd round pick.
Nets send Vince Carter, 10th pick and Sean Williams.

Heat would have Wade and Carter next to each other which would be sick, and also have a young center. Great offensive team.

DJ
Wade
Carter
Haslem
Williams

Thoughts?
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
lil baller
wade=mvp
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 694
lil baller has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Miami listening to trade offers... Miami Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Well I had a huge thing typed out but it all went away when this broke sh!t signed me out. So I'll just post the trades I had down.

Bascially Heat trade down to get DJ Augustin from Texas to fill their PG need and get a center by swaping picks in the process.

Kings at #12.
Heat send Marion, 2nd pick and Cook or a 2nd round pick
Kings sent 12th pick, Artest, and Miller.

DJ
Wade
Artest
Haslem
Miller

Serious? Best defensive team in the league. Kings get Beasley, and would have him along with Martin, Hawes and Marion to build around.

Pacers at #11.
Heat send 2nd pick, Marion, and Blount.
Pacers send 11th pick, JO, and Tinsley.

DJ/Tinsley
Wade
Wright
Haslem
JO

Heat would have 2 All-Stars on their roster with some okay role players. Tinsley is the backup plan incase DJ struggles comming into the NBA.

Nets #10.
Heat send 2nd pick, Marion, and 2nd round pick.
Nets send Vince Carter, 10th pick and Sean Williams.

Heat would have Wade and Carter next to each other which would be sick, and also have a young center. Great offensive team.

DJ
Wade
Carter
Haslem
Williams

Thoughts?
see you are actually thinking about wat could happen that would be nice for both teams i like the last one the best
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #6
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Miami listening to trade offers... Miami Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil baller
see you are actually thinking about wat could happen that would be nice for both teams i like the last one the best

You are acting like you know more about this then I do when I haven't seen you make a trade offer or back up any of your statements with some real solid information. All the trades I do I think about both teams and if the talent level or potential talent level is fair for both teams.

Thanks for the comment though.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #7
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star
 
CaNt Be ToUcHeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 528
CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Miami listening to trade offers... Miami Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Well I had a huge thing typed out but it all went away when this broke sh!t signed me out. So I'll just post the trades I had down.

Bascially Heat trade down to get DJ Augustin from Texas to fill their PG need and get a center by swaping picks in the process.

Kings at #12.
Heat send Marion, 2nd pick and Cook or a 2nd round pick
Kings sent 12th pick, Artest, and Miller.

DJ
Wade
Artest
Haslem
Miller

Serious? Best defensive team in the league. Kings get Beasley, and would have him along with Martin, Hawes and Marion to build around.


Nets #10.
Heat send 2nd pick, Marion, and 2nd round pick.
Nets send Vince Carter, 10th pick and Sean Williams.

Heat would have Wade and Carter next to each other which would be sick, and also have a young center. Great offensive team.

DJ
Wade
Carter
Haslem
Williams

Thoughts?

some good trades, i think the pacers one would be risky with JO being questionable because of injury, the other two depend which way the team wants to go, defensive or offensive... with wade on their roster i would trade with the kings because both teams benefit tremendously and the heat become a solid defensive team that can still score at will with wade

salaries would be close i think too
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #8
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Miami listening to trade offers... Miami Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
some good trades, i think the pacers one would be risky with JO being questionable because of injury, the other two depend which way the team wants to go, defensive or offensive... with wade on their roster i would trade with the kings because both teams benefit tremendously and the heat become a solid defensive team that can still score at will with wade

salaries would be close i think too

Yeah the salaries match up, it's like 16 million and some change with just Marion, and 17 and some change with Cook. Artest with Miller is around 17-18 million. Matches up just fine.

I agree I think if they were wanting to trade down for a point, this helps them the most at both positions they have their major needs at. DJ is impressing scouts from what I have read, which is a bonus, but them saying he will not fall out of the lotto, which could mean he might be gone before 12 - but if you trade down there are things you can do to get teams off of picking him up. (Example what Chicago did to get Tyrus - they take LA and get Tyrus and Victor.)

Artest is going to help the team more than Marion would IMO because he is going to want to win a ring - same goes for Miller as both of them near the end of their careers. It'd be a very strong fundamental team, something Pat would be able to turn into contenders with some added bench pieces.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #9
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY
 
PacerRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Conseco Field House
Posts: 2,662
PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Re: Miami listening to trade offers... Miami Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Well I had a huge thing typed out but it all went away when this broke sh!t signed me out. So I'll just post the trades I had down.

Bascially Heat trade down to get DJ Augustin from Texas to fill their PG need and get a center by swaping picks in the process.

Kings at #12.
Heat send Marion, 2nd pick and Cook or a 2nd round pick
Kings sent 12th pick, Artest, and Miller.

DJ
Wade
Artest
Haslem
Miller

Serious? Best defensive team in the league. Kings get Beasley, and would have him along with Martin, Hawes and Marion to build around.

Pacers at #11.
Heat send 2nd pick, Marion, and Blount.
Pacers send 11th pick, JO, and Tinsley.

DJ/Tinsley
Wade
Wright
Haslem
JO


Heat would have 2 All-Stars on their roster with some okay role players. Tinsley is the backup plan incase DJ struggles comming into the NBA.

Nets #10.
Heat send 2nd pick, Marion, and 2nd round pick.
Nets send Vince Carter, 10th pick and Sean Williams.

Heat would have Wade and Carter next to each other which would be sick, and also have a young center. Great offensive team.

DJ
Wade
Carter
Haslem
Williams

Thoughts?
I would love the deal with the Pacers. Trading JO for Marion is good in my view. Swaping #2 for #11 is amazing, and Tinsley you can take for a bag of basketballs
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:52 PM   #10
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Miami listening to trade offers... Miami Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
I would love the deal with the Pacers. Trading JO for Marion is good in my view. Swaping #2 for #11 is amazing, and Tinsley you can take for a bag of basketballs

Yeah although the Pacers IMO would be the least likely to take the trade since JO is such an injury prone player. If I was Miami I would be asking for Granger, but since his contract is so little they'd have to add Jeff Foster in there too more than likely. So another deal could look like this

O'Neal, Foster, Granger and #11th pick.

For.

Marion, Blount, and the 2nd pick.

Still fair in my eyes since O'Neal and Foster scratch Marion and Blount equally. It'd be like trading the 11th pick and Granger for Beasley.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:30 AM   #11
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell
 
Dengness9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Windy City
Posts: 3,988
Dengness9 has decent reputationDengness9 has decent reputation
Default Re: Miami listening to trade offers... Miami Herald

Heat will never trade their 2 pick to draft with the 11th pick. Where the Heat are trying to go, the 11th picks means nothing.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #12
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Miami listening to trade offers... Miami Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Heat will never trade their 2 pick to draft with the 11th pick. Where the Heat are trying to go, the 11th picks means nothing.

And why not? If they are wanting help right away it'd be a fairly logical trade for them. They'd get Artest and Miller who would help them win games right away and get a point guard (which they need) who could step right in and play. Now he doesn't have the highest expectations, but if you remember right, mid season he was the first or second point guard in the nation according to scouts and everyone else.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #13
lil baller
wade=mvp
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 694
lil baller has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Miami listening to trade offers... Miami Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
And why not? If they are wanting help right away it'd be a fairly logical trade for them. They'd get Artest and Miller who would help them win games right away and get a point guard (which they need) who could step right in and play. Now he doesn't have the highest expectations, but if you remember right, mid season he was the first or second point guard in the nation according to scouts and everyone else.
yea but the heat want to get younger
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #14
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter
 
ConanRulesNBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 8,577
ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Miami listening to trade offers... Miami Herald

Wait so how about Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich and someone else for the number 2 pick?

Bulls roster:

PG: Derrick Rose/Larry Hughes
SG: Ben Gordon/Sefolosha
SF: Luol Deng/Nocioni
PF: Michael Beasley/Drew Gooden
C: Noah/Aaron Gray

Do that one Pax!!!

Heat roster:

PG: Kirk Hinrich
SG: Wade
SF: Shawn Marion
PF: Haslem/Tyrus Thomas
C: Blount

Last edited by ConanRulesNBC : 06-10-2008 at 02:06 PM.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #15
lil baller
wade=mvp
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 694
lil baller has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Miami listening to trade offers... Miami Herald

that doesnt help miami out alot (o.j mayo, derrick rose), (shawn marion, micheal beasly)
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy