Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
HoopWiz2008
I airball my layups

Default The Perfect Move

Rumors are circulating that the Bulls will make a run at Jermaine O'Neal and if they were to pull it off without giving up any draft picks or Deng, then this could be a perfect Summer for them.

1. Send Hinrich, Thomas, and Gooden to the Pacers for Jermaine O'Neal. The Pacers need more consistent player at the point than Tinsley and Hinrich, IMO, is a very good point. He'll just never be a star player. Gooden gives them a player to replace O'Neal and DG has one year left of $7M so its not a huge gamble for the Pacers. Tyrus Thomas is the key here and they get a nice young prospect who still has some solid upside. The Pacers get their post player in O'Neal and it doesn't work out, they'll be shedding $21M off their cap next Summer.

2. Of course, they then draft Derrick Rose with their #1 pick, but their second round pick is valueable as well if they can get someone like JR Giddens in the second round.

3. Re-sign Chris Duhon to the MLE. Duhon has proved that he can be an asset to this team and did a great job while Hinrich was out. He would be a solid back up to Rose.

4. Free agent target: Josh Childress. Atlanta is wanting to re-sign both Smith and Childress, but with Smith getting something close to the max and with them already being over the cap, Smith's new contract would put them dangerously close to the luxury tax if not over. Marvin Williams is also do an extenstion next Summer and they will more than likely, want to keep him. Childress would be the perfect back up to Hughes or Deng and would be much cheaper than Nocioni.

Line Up:

PG Rose / Duhon
SG Hughes / Sefolosha / Giddens
SF Deng / Childress
PF O'Neal / Simmons
C Noah / Gray
HoopWiz2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Default Re: The Perfect Move

So what happens to Nocioni lol? It's not like you can just drop him or something - he's one of the best players on the team - easily the best energy guy.

If they don't like Beasley's attitude, no way in hell are they going to like Giddens - it's similar to Beasley, except he is a lot cockier and not as good.

O'Neal IMO would be great, but what happens if he gets injured? The Bulls would be so f-cked. They don't even have a decent back up to him. And if Hinrich, Gordon and Deng couldn't carry the team, no way in hell would Rose and Deng be able to carry this team - Hinrich is a better offensive player than Rose is, so if O'Neal went down, which is likely they wouldn't even approach the Playoffs.

And if he doesn't go down, I am not even sure if that's a team that could get anything done in the Playoffs. Hornets would have West and Tyson to kill O'Neal. Boston has KG to kill O'Neal. Pistons have team defense to kill Chicago (and might have Melo this offseason). I'd like O'Neal, just not for that much - Tyrus or Gooden would have to stay.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

Good trade idea, but I think the offer was too much. O'Neal for Hinrich, Gooden and a future number one should do the trick. I wouldn't trade Thomas if I'm getting O'Neal. He hasn't proven to be reliable. PLUS...before giving up on Thomas I'd like to see him play with Rose! Ideally, I think the Bulls need to make 2 trades to free up the logjam at F and G. Maybe target Kirilenko.
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
KaptnKirk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
Good trade idea, but I think the offer was too much. O'Neal for Hinrich, Gooden and a future number one should do the trick. I wouldn't trade Thomas if I'm getting O'Neal. He hasn't proven to be reliable. PLUS...before giving up on Thomas I'd like to see him play with Rose! Ideally, I think the Bulls need to make 2 trades to free up the logjam at F and G. Maybe target Kirilenko.

To create a log-jam at SF?

If Gordon walks, Chicago would have Hinrich, Hughes, Thabo. They could resign Duhon and be set at the guard spot.

They have Deng and Nocioni and the 3 spot which works well.

They have Gooden and Tyrus at the 4, pretty solid but needs improving. Noah and Gray at center, here is IMO the weakest position.

How about drafting Beasley and trading Tyrus and Noah to get a center? Anyone think a deal based off of Tyrus and Noah could land us the 5th pick to get Lopez? Or even a pick to grab DeAndre Jordan? Kevin Love? Just throwing sh!t out there.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:14 AM   #5
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:

I like Kirilenko alot. Just seeing his tough defense and how well he played D on Kobe and to a lesser degree T-Mac...I am sold on the guy.

With his large contract it might be difficult to make it work, but then it depends on who the Jazz would want in exchange.

For me personally, I think Kirilenko can play Shooting guard, Small Forward, and Power Forward. I think he just gives you different benefits at each position. Mostly great defense at guard, decent scoring and good help defense at small forward and most likely lots of rebounds and maybe even more consistent buckets at power forward.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:27 AM   #6
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
I like Kirilenko alot. Just seeing his tough defense and how well he played D on Kobe and to a lesser degree T-Mac...I am sold on the guy.

With his large contract it might be difficult to make it work, but then it depends on who the Jazz would want in exchange.

For me personally, I think Kirilenko can play Shooting guard, Small Forward, and Power Forward. I think he just gives you different benefits at each position. Mostly great defense at guard, decent scoring and good help defense at small forward and most likely lots of rebounds and maybe even more consistent buckets at power forward.

what could we offer then?
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:24 AM   #7
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
what could we offer then?

Good Question.

I am willing to bet that Nocioni is Jerry Sloan's kind of player. Nocioni is so tough, scrappy, and all about the hustle which is something Sloan demands. I wouldn't doubt that the Jazz believe Nocioni is a more consistent shooter than Kirilenko too.

I think Nocioni gets the Bulls about halfway to matching Kirilenko's contract. The Jazz might like someone like Hughes better as back-up for Williams more than Jason Hart currently. Hughes could get some minutes at shooting guard too, so I think this might work.

If not Hughes, The maybe Thomas as back-up for Boozer, or even Aaron Gray might be to their liking.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #8
willyneu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:

I'd like to stay away from O'Neal.
willyneu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:34 PM   #9
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyneu
I'd like to stay away from O'Neal.

i agree, too much risk involved... kirelinko could be a good acquisition tho but sloan would want nocioni and i dont think he should be given up, they have deron so no use for hinrich, and i doubt theyd want hughes or tyrus so i dont c that happening either...
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #10
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
i agree, too much risk involved... kirelinko could be a good acquisition tho but sloan would want nocioni and i dont think he should be given up, they have deron so no use for hinrich, and i doubt theyd want hughes or tyrus so i dont c that happening either...

I know what you mean about Nocioni. I don't really want to give him up, I just wish his contract wasn't so large. The idea of Nocioni and Kirilenko on the court together at the same time is quite exciting too. Those guys would really piss off the other team, I am certain of it.

Hey guys, are any of you familiar with Walter Herman on the Detroit Piston's? He is actually a talented power forward that never gets any playing time with them. He has put up some good numbers when he has been given the rare opportunity to play, and he is also from Argentina just like Nocioni.

Herrman gets about 1.5 million per year if I am correct, and I think he would be a great guy to have on the Bulls. He is quite strong and he shoots MUCH better than people give him credit for, including the 3 pointer.

I don't think Dumar's gives a rats ass about Herrman so it would be nice if the Bulls could just trade some dirty towels and a pair of sox for the guy.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #11
KaptnKirk12

Quote:
I know what you mean about Nocioni. I don't really want to give him up, I just wish his contract wasn't so large. The idea of Nocioni and Kirilenko on the court together at the same time is quite exciting too. Those guys would really piss off the other team, I am certain of it.

Hey guys, are any of you familiar with Walter Herman on the Detroit Piston's? He is actually a talented power forward that never gets any playing time with them. He has put up some good numbers when he has been given the rare opportunity to play, and he is also from Argentina just like Nocioni.

Herrman gets about 1.5 million per year if I am correct, and I think he would be a great guy to have on the Bulls. He is quite strong and he shoots MUCH better than people give him credit for, including the 3 pointer.

I don't think Dumar's gives a rats ass about Herrman so it would be nice if the Bulls could just trade some dirty towels and a pair of sox for the guy.

I think the guy is garbage. Someone like that isn't going to help this team, and IMO he wouldn't get much playing time. Gooden and Tyrus have the spot locked down unless Beasley is drafted, then 1 of them should be shipped off. Walter Herman isn't what this team needs.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #12
xgodisdeadx
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default #23 Limited Chicago Bulls Basketball for Sale

This wasn't able to be posted in the a new topic, so its here.

This is from when the Chicago Bulls won their last Title. It was originally offered by Sports Illustrated when they won that title, but is so rare, that I've only seen two other ones. Its a Spalding ball, #23 out of 500 and lists the teams they beat to win their championships with those years on the ball. It also has NBA Finals on it as well. Make an offer or email at xdayofreckoningx@yahoo.com. The ball comes with a case.
xgodisdeadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:51 PM   #13
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopWiz2008
Rumors are circulating that the Bulls will make a run at Jermaine O'Neal and if they were to pull it off without giving up any draft picks or Deng, then this could be a perfect Summer for them.

1. Send Hinrich, Thomas, and Gooden to the Pacers for Jermaine O'Neal. The Pacers need more consistent player at the point than Tinsley and Hinrich, IMO, is a very good point. He'll just never be a star player. Gooden gives them a player to replace O'Neal and DG has one year left of $7M so its not a huge gamble for the Pacers. Tyrus Thomas is the key here and they get a nice young prospect who still has some solid upside. The Pacers get their post player in O'Neal and it doesn't work out, they'll be shedding $21M off their cap next Summer.

2. Of course, they then draft Derrick Rose with their #1 pick, but their second round pick is valueable as well if they can get someone like JR Giddens in the second round.

3. Re-sign Chris Duhon to the MLE. Duhon has proved that he can be an asset to this team and did a great job while Hinrich was out. He would be a solid back up to Rose.

4. Free agent target: Josh Childress. Atlanta is wanting to re-sign both Smith and Childress, but with Smith getting something close to the max and with them already being over the cap, Smith's new contract would put them dangerously close to the luxury tax if not over. Marvin Williams is also do an extenstion next Summer and they will more than likely, want to keep him. Childress would be the perfect back up to Hughes or Deng and would be much cheaper than Nocioni.

Line Up:

PG Rose / Duhon
SG Hughes / Sefolosha / Giddens
SF Deng / Childress
PF O'Neal / Simmons
C Noah / Gray
I dont like Ben Gordon, you guys can keep him...I'd rather make some sort of deal like Hinrich, Nocioni and Thomas for JO and first rounder protected top 15
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:35 AM   #14
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
I think the guy is garbage. Someone like that isn't going to help this team, and IMO he wouldn't get much playing time. Gooden and Tyrus have the spot locked down unless Beasley is drafted, then 1 of them should be shipped off. Walter Herman isn't what this team needs.

Why do you say the guy is "garbage?" I don't claim to know everything about him, nor do I have the eyes of a professional basketball scout, but I have seen that the guy is too good be riding the bench with one phony injury after another on the Piston's team.

I am not suggesting that Herrman is the best person for the starting power forward position in Chicago. I am just suggesting him as a very solid back-up power forward that plays hard and shoots much better than most people realize. And he comes with a price tag so cheap it would seem silly not to try to get him, unless the Bulls are asked to give up something big.

I don't think Dumar would ask too much for Herrman so I like the idea more. I am willing to bet that Herrman could be nearly as valuable to the Bulls as Scola is to the Rockets.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:06 AM   #15
KaptnKirk12

Quote:
Why do you say the guy is "garbage?" I don't claim to know everything about him, nor do I have the eyes of a professional basketball scout, but I have seen that the guy is too good be riding the bench with one phony injury after another on the Piston's team.

I am not suggesting that Herrman is the best person for the starting power forward position in Chicago. I am just suggesting him as a very solid back-up power forward that plays hard and shoots much better than most people realize. And he comes with a price tag so cheap it would seem silly not to try to get him, unless the Bulls are asked to give up something big.

I don't think Dumar would ask too much for Herrman so I like the idea more. I am willing to bet that Herrman could be nearly as valuable to the Bulls as Scola is to the Rockets.

I just don't think he is that good. We have Gooden, who is way better. And we have Tyrus who is better. I'd rather take a PF in the draft in the 2nd round than take him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: