Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-11-2008, 05:10 AM   #16
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation
Default Re: The Perfect Move

Unless its JO for some scrub ala Gasol-Kwame trade, I wont take a risk on JO. He's a solid defender/shotblocker, can score pretty good, but shoots low %, oft injured, huge contract.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:45 AM   #17
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

BTW, I am going to add Linas Kleiza to list of players that are quite good and dirt cheap. Kleiza is another guy that makes less than two million per year but plays well beyond that payscale.

I really want to see a new bench in Chicago this year and some of these guys shouldn't be that difficult to acquire.

If the Bulls are going to be faster on the offensive end next year ( I am speculating based on things Del Negro said) then we will need more shooters on the team both from the starters and the back-up squad.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 06-12-2008 at 03:35 PM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:12 PM   #18
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Do any of you guys have a pro or con opinion about Yi Jianlian?

I like the fact that Chicago was one of the teams that he wanted to play for last year. I like that he runs the floor like a deer, (something that could be very important next year in Chicago) He is very young, he shoots the ball well, and last but not least, I think he has potential to get better and become more well rounded as a player.

My biggest concern would be that he stays healthy, rather than someone who might have frequent injuries. I have some concerns about the Bulls dealing with the Chinese government and how demanding they can be. I am not too worried about it, just thought I should mention it.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 06-12-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #19
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: The Perfect Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
Do any of you guys have a pro or con opinion about Yi Jianlian?

I like the fact that Chicago was one of the teams that he wanted to play for last year. I like that he runs the floor like a deer, (something that could be very important next year in Chicago) He is very young, he shoots the ball well, and last but not least, I think he has potential to get better and become more well rounded as a player.

My biggest concern would be that he stays healthy and not someone that might have frequent injuries. I have some concerns about the Bulls dealing with the Chinese government and how demanding they can be. I am not too worried about it, just thought I should mention it.

I really can't see Milwaukee giving Yi up. They drafted him last year even though he didn't want to play there, so that shows you how much they think of him. If they let him go after one season where he was injured a little bit and adjusting to the NBA, they would be crazy. He is a long-term investment, and I think he will be a really good player once he gets a few more years under his belt.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:14 PM   #20
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
BTW, I am going to add Linas Kleiza to list of players that are quite good and dirt cheap. Kleiza is another gut that makes less than two million per year but plays well beyond that payscale.

I really want to see a new bench in Chicago this year and some of these guys shouldn't be that difficult to acquire.

If the Bulls are going to be faster on the offensive end next year ( I am speculating based on things Del Negro said) then we will need more shooters on the team both from the starters and the back-up squad.

Kleiza isn't going anywhere. He played a big role for Denver and had a good season. Just because he has a smaller contract doesn't mean we could get him for dirt. Denver knows how good of a player he is for them, and they'd want equal skill back...not just salary.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #21
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I really can't see Milwaukee giving Yi up. They drafted him last year even though he didn't want to play there, so that shows you how much they think of him. If they let him go after one season where he was injured a little bit and adjusting to the NBA, they would be crazy. He is a long-term investment, and I think he will be a really good player once he gets a few more years under his belt.

You make a good point. It is rather shocking that the Bucks drafted Yi despite his total disdain for joining their team.

Golden State is rumored to be actively persuing Yi this summer. I know we are still in the crazy rumor stage but I used that as a basis to start the conversation.

I think you are correct that the want to keep Yi but they may need to part with him if they can justify it. I wonder how badly Skiles would like to coach Hinrich again?

I actually think Chicago is in a pretty good position to trade with several teams this summer, and the Bucks should be one of them because of Skiles. The Bulls players may not be too fond of him, but Scott must wish he had a few of Bulls players on his new team.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #22
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Kleiza isn't going anywhere. He played a big role for Denver and had a good season. Just because he has a smaller contract doesn't mean we could get him for dirt. Denver knows how good of a player he is for them, and they'd want equal skill back...not just salary.

You may very well prove to be right. I don't think Denver is stupid, they do know they are lucky to have Linas, and at such a small contract too.

I think this deal would be more difficult to navigate than the trade between the Bucks/Bulls but it could still happen. It realy depends on what Chicago is thinking and what they would be asked to give in return.

What do you think Denver would ask Chicago for to trade Kleiza?
Old 06-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #23
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Does anybody have any ideas or opinions about improving the Chicago team for the coming year?
Old 06-13-2008, 07:19 PM   #24
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Does anybody have any ideas or opinions about improving the Chicago team for the coming year?

Until the draft happens, speculating is too tough for me. We gotta wait to see who the Bulls draft and then see which low post player out there is available through trades or as a FA. June 26th will be here sooner than we think. I might freeze myself like cartman and wait out the 3 weeks for the draft like he did for the release of nintendo wii.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #25
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Until the draft happens, speculating is too tough for me. We gotta wait to see who the Bulls draft and then see which low post player out there is available through trades or as a FA. June 26th will be here sooner than we think. I might freeze myself like cartman and wait out the 3 weeks for the draft like he did for the release of nintendo wii.

lol. Fair enough, you make a good point. I can't wait for the 26th of June!!
Old 06-14-2008, 08:55 PM   #26
Paxson 93
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Paxson 93 has an OK reputation so far

Either way, whoever is picked / traded... the bulls will do much better than recently.. WE HAVE A LOT TO LOOK FORWARD TO!

GO THE BULLS!!
Paxson 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:05 PM   #27
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxson 93
Either way, whoever is picked / traded... the bulls will do much better than recently.. WE HAVE A LOT TO LOOK FORWARD TO!

GO THE BULLS!!

Hell yeah. This is the most exciting time to be Bulls fan since...since the Championship days.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:44 AM   #28
[#31]
Can barely lace up my sneakers

[#31] has an OK reputation so far

what about emeka okafor?
or is that stupid lol
[#31] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:44 AM   #29
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

If Emeka was cheap enough and available I suppose you look into it. Although he isn't a known for his post scoring. I wonder what type of offer MJ is going to throw at him. He averaged 13.8 ppg,10.7 rpg, and 1.7 bpg. Not a bad statline. You might be able to make a run for him but then you obviously wouldn't be able to resign both Deng and Gordon.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #30
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Hey Bulls brothers, what do you guys think of this trade?

Chicago Bulls

Incoming Players
Photo: Hakim Warrick/Rudy Gay

Hakim Warrick
Salary: $1,376,040 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 11.4 REB: 4.7 AST: 0.7 PER: 16.28

Photo: Rudy Gay
Rudy Gay
Salary: $2,411,160 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 20.1 REB: 6.2 AST: 2.0 PER: 17.51

Outgoing Players: JamesOn Curry, Cedric Simmons, Thabo Sefolosha
Memphis Grizzlies