Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #16
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Undrafted Guys Who Can Make An NBA Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
Josh Duncan - Xavier .....will make someone's summer camp or team for sure.
Read reviews that this kid was hella strong.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:23 PM   #17
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Could be a mid/late 2nd rounder, but Stanley Burrell out of Xavier is a guy I like a lot. Reminds me a bit of Kyle Lowry.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:04 PM   #18
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Chris Lofton getting workouts anywhere? He could be a stud overseas if not.

There is always a spot for a shooter on a team. But IMO any big college player should be able to be a stud overseas.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #19
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
There is always a spot for a shooter on a team. But IMO any big college player should be able to be a stud overseas.

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that at all. The game is different and certain types of American players do better in Europe than others. It's the same the other way round: some euros are better suited for NBA than others. It doesn't mean that they are better/worse players, but leagues are different. Euroleague and top national leagues like the Spanish league are tougher than even the best college conferences. If top European teams would play in e.g. ACC, they would the title every year. So it's not like any big college player would do well in Europe.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:36 AM   #20
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what about joe jones? seems like a big 6'9" with pretty solid fundamentals could slip in on a team needing some bigman depth. had some hype two years ago. played well as the invite as well
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #21
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Steven Hill from Arkansas will make an NBA team has a big man. He's a legit 7 footer in shoes and was one of the best shot blockers in college basketball from his sophomore year on. He had a down year last year as a senior due to the coaching change/change in style.

He's not much on offense, but he's athletic and can run the floor. I think he has some untapped potential. Big men always seem to find a place in the league and I could see Steve making a team and playing 5-10 years in the NBA. Hell, if Scot Pollard can do it, so can Steven Hill because Steven at least has an identifiable skill that stands out.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:34 PM   #22
Roy Munson
The Rubberman

Roy Munson has decent reputationRoy Munson has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Steven Hill from Arkansas will make an NBA team has a big man. He's a legit 7 footer in shoes and was one of the best shot blockers in college basketball from his sophomore year on. He had a down year last year as a senior due to the coaching change/change in style.

He's not much on offense, but he's athletic and can run the floor. I think he has some untapped potential. Big men always seem to find a place in the league and I could see Steve making a team and playing 5-10 years in the NBA. Hell, if Scot Pollard can do it, so can Steven Hill because Steven at least has an identifiable skill that stands out.

The thing I like about Hill is that he actually has a great knack for blocking shots and is very skilled at it, like you said. There are a lot of guys who block shots just because they're tall. Hill would still probably be a great shot blocker if he were 6'8.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:39 PM   #23
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
The thing I like about Hill is that he actually has a great knack for blocking shots and is very skilled at it, like you said. There are a lot of guys who block shots just because they're tall. Hill would still probably be a great shot blocker if he were 6'8.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uhk55HhqgEw

steven hill workout for the blazers
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:30 PM   #24
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
Exactly.

He has a natural feel for it. He has big knocks, though. He's a poor rebounder for a 7 footer. His offensive game is also underdeveloped, but I blame that on Stan Heath and John Pelphrey. Still, on a fast break team, I think he could easily be effective offensively.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:58 PM   #25
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

There was this kid last year by the name of Trey Johnson who went undrafted. He worked out with Miami. I think he can find his spot on a roster this year. He's a lightning quick guard with great ball handling skills.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:00 AM   #26
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
There was this kid last year by the name of Trey Johnson who went undrafted. He worked out with Miami. I think he can find his spot on a roster this year. He's a lightning quick guard with great ball handling skills.
He was in camp with New Orleans, wasn't he?
Old 06-15-2008, 12:09 AM   #27
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
He was in camp with New Orleans, wasn't he?
yep! Hopefully he can land somewhere.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:11 AM   #28
fatboy11

You must go to school in Mississippi or something. I remember you saying you liked the Bulldogs and Johnson went to school in Mississippi, didn't he?
Old 06-15-2008, 12:18 AM   #29
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
You must go to school in Mississippi or something. I remember you saying you liked the Bulldogs and Johnson went to school in Mississippi, didn't he?
No I live in Framingham, but I'm in Mississippi every summer and during spring and Christmas break. Got alot of family members in Mississippi.

And yeah Trey Johnson played for Jackson State. I got a chance to see Trey play once and also Monta Ellis play when he was in high school as well. It was a game vs. the Yazoo County panthers. The guy straight lit them up. Alot of people say he needs to improve his passing skills, but this guy is an excellent passer. He pulled off all kinds of sh*t in that game. He only dropped 30 on them though. I was hoping for a 50 piece.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:08 PM   #30
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gary Forbes
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: