Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-10-2008, 12:13 AM   #1
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far
Default Mario Chalmers likes Denver?

On Sunday I was watching the local sports news and saw them interviewing Chalmers and how he thought about the Nuggets. As well as speaking about playing with Iverson.

Do any of you guys think we should take Chalmers in the first round or should we go with someone else?

Personally, I think Chalmers would be a great addition, he may be one of the most underated guys in this years draft especially compared to Rose and Augustin. He seems pretty clutch to me, and can control the court pretty well, but one guy that I want to see playing in a Nuggets uniform is his teammate Brandon Rush, I like the way he plays, he can plain out shoot the ball and plays tremendous defense.

What bothers me the most is the rumor of the Nuggets committing to Ty Lawson if he is still on the board.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:41 AM   #2
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Mario Chalmers likes Denver?

YOU KNOW YOU THOUGHT OF IT TOO
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Mario Chalmers likes Denver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
On Sunday I was watching the local sports news and saw them interviewing Chalmers and how he thought about the Nuggets. As well as speaking about playing with Iverson.

Do any of you guys think we should take Chalmers in the first round or should we go with someone else?

Personally, I think Chalmers would be a great addition, he may be one of the most underated guys in this years draft especially compared to Rose and Augustin. He seems pretty clutch to me, and can control the court pretty well, but one guy that I want to see playing in a Nuggets uniform is his teammate Brandon Rush, I like the way he plays, he can plain out shoot the ball and plays tremendous defense.

What bothers me the most is the rumor of the Nuggets committing to Ty Lawson if he is still on the board.

the lawson talk is scary- lawson is not an upgrade from chucky atkins- lawson being picked at 20 would be horrible- i can think of at least 7 probobly closer to 10 point gaurds that should be taken in front of lawson- lawson and iverson could not play together

i do think chalmers should be considered, but i like a couple of other points as well or better for the nugs

nugs have to make a move in this draft- russell westbrook is the most perfect fit to join the nuggets no matter what roster is brought back- this guy will be the best defensive point gaurd in the league, almost right away and for a long time- this guys team mentality and personality would be a great addition to the team to go along with world class athletisism- the problems that d williams and chris paul will cause in the wc playoffs the next 10 years would be lessened by having westbrook man the point

rose is unreal and its too bad trading for him would be impossible as would bayless or oj as well- but there are alot of gaurds in this draft who could fit the nugs imo

-chalmers
-lester hudson
-courtney lee
-demarcus nelson
-goran dragic
-jamont gordon

i believe all of these players could be great fits on the nuggets- lee, hudson and chalmers would if available need to be taken at the 20 spot nelson,dragic, or gordon could be found in the 2nd?

the guy i really like is nelson from duke, nelson played so far out of position at duke that his nba point gaurd size and athletisism are going overlooked

lester hudson will be a very good nba player imo & i think lee will be as well- i think dragic sounds like a guy that the nuggets would have to look into

all of these players could pair with either melo & jr or iverson and be an upgrade from ac & chucky at the point
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: