Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-23-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
debrando
Can barely lace up my sneakers

debrando has an OK reputation so far
Cool If Kobe Was Playing In The Usa Games

How would he do?
Do you think he would start and would be captain of the team? .
Also who would u like to see start the game with Kobe.....?
debrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:20 PM   #2
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

I really wish Kobe was out there playing with the guys right now, the US team certainly wouldn't be getting eaten up by opposing guards as much as they are now with Kobe's defense and leadership on the floor. I don't know if he'd be a captain, and hopefully he woulnd't care about starting (although he likely would start most games), I just know he'd be killing it out there so now I can't wait for the Olympics!
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:25 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrando
How would he do?
Do you think he would start and would be captain of the team? .
Also who would u like to see start the game with Kobe.....?

Yes he would be the captian because Coach K really likes veteran great players and since he didnt get to have Kobe at Duke, It will be making up for it and Because of the amount of stars Kobe would have probably been averaging 15 points and 8 assists.

He does very well with setting up guys.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Kobe would have made a huge difference as he has that competitive fire and spirit above Lebron, Carmello and Wade that sets him apart from them. He would be captian, and I think the team would be much more stronger with him.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:27 PM   #5
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

If you were Coach K, who would you put on the floor with Kobe?

Would you put him with the defensive team and let him run the offense for that squad, or put him with the young gunners and have him work off them?

i.e....

Defense:

C.Paul
Kobe
S.Battier
Brand
D.Howard

The Shooters:

Hinrich
Kobe
Joe Johnson
Melo
Bosh

All-athletic:

Wade
Kobe
LeBron
Melo
Howard

Put together your favorite 4 with Kobe and explain what that team would bring to the table.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:04 PM   #6
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Good thread topic. He would have been a captain definetly. Did you guys see the Italy game? They were shooting sooooo many 3's from like anywhere. One of the guys idolizes Kobe and wished he could have been on the team.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:09 PM   #7
debrando
Can barely lace up my sneakers

debrando has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Good thread topic. He would have been a captain definetly. Did you guys see the Italy game? They were shooting sooooo many 3's from like anywhere. One of the guys idolizes Kobe and wished he could have been on the team.
Yes we need to do better guarding to stop the 3's they are kiling us ......
debrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:23 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

But they also hit some contested 3's i think the guy's name was benini...not totally sure.

He has a lot of talent and if he can play against talents guys like bron, anthony, and wade i think he can be a great NBA player. and hes only 20 years old. hes amazing
Old 08-24-2006, 06:38 AM   #9
lakersfoelyfe
I airball my layups

lakersfoelyfe has an OK reputation so far
Default just my opinion.......

yes kobe will be starting and i'll have this roster as my starting lineup;

guards - k.hinrich/k.bryant

forwards - c.anthony/e.brand

center - d.howard
lakersfoelyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:05 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersfoelyfe
yes kobe will be starting and i'll have this roster as my starting lineup;

guards - k.hinrich/k.bryant

forwards - c.anthony/e.brand

center - d.howard

I would put Chris paul in place of Kirk....although theyre both almost the exact same.

other than that I agree for the most part but Bron should probably be the PF too. hes pretty active.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:31 PM   #11
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

Man he would lead them to the titles.
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:00 PM   #12
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I would put Chris paul in place of Kirk....although theyre both almost the exact same.

Kirk is a better all-around player, he can also fill the sg spot and he is a way better defender than Paul. He is awesome in half court offense.

Paul on the other hand has great court vision and he thrieves in uptempo game. He isn't that good defender yet, but he can dish the ball like nobody else on the USA team.

Bottom line: They are not the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Kobe would have probably been averaging 15 points and 8 assists.

Maybe 0.8 apg.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:52 PM   #13
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Yeah I was just watching the Senegal a little while a go and they look like they played better defense than last game. Senegal only had a couple 3's.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:38 PM   #14
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

What's up with Brad Miller though? Guy has stunk up the floor everytime Coach K puts him out there - how many times did he get schooled in the post by little skinny dudes from Senegal today? And outside of his baseline jumper, he was horrible on offense as well - I hope Amare can get healthy and take his place on the roster for the Olympics.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:48 PM   #15
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Yeah I was just watching the Senegal a little while a go and they look like they played better defense than last game. Senegal only had a couple 3's.
...senegal is pretty bad, aren't they winless or somethin?
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: