Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default Players in Limbo - Diaw, Gomes, Deng

Some players have unexpectedly flourished to fill in nontraditional roles for their teams. Whether it be due to injury for another player, or another player sucking. How do you guys think these players roles should be next year? What moves could the teams make to accomodate them.

1. Diaw
2. Gomes
3. Deng

Add more players as you like
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #2
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Darko?
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #3
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

I dont see how Gomes and Deng are playing nontraditional roles. True, Gomes might be a little undersized, but he is and always was a PF. I dont know how you've come up with Deng, since nothing makes me believe he isn't a SF.
You're right on Diaw though, he would've been a SF on every I know. He reminds me a lot of the young Scottie Pippen, his defense has room for improvement as has his shot, but his game is a lot like Pippen's was in his early days. I believe, once Amare is back, he will move back to the traditional SF position, maybe sharing PF duties with Marion. And actually, that is where I think he should play.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #4
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Deng produced well his first year, so I don't think his performance this year was very unexpected.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:57 PM   #5
Trademark
I hit open layups

Trademark is considered somewhat coolTrademark is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Players in Limbo

That would include Ev08, right?

Last edited by Trademark : 06-03-2006 at 05:26 PM.
Trademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #6
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

Well, considering Ev08 was producing mad stats in his midget league, I dont doubt he could be a great limbo dancer too.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #7
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default guys with better rolse next year

Raptors:
Joey Graham
Jose Calderon
1st pick

Im lookin for those guys to have good years.

Timberwolves:
Rashad McCants
Starting Point Guard
Rudy Gay

Also lookin for those guys to have good years.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #8
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Deng was playing a lot of PF during the latter part of the season. I wouldn't want him splitting time with Nocioni at the 3 again. Those two need two start.

Gomes has truly PFs game. But can his size hold up? Maybe he'll be suited to the bench coz the celts wouldn't want him on the floor always for defensive purposes.

For diaw, he is most effective at the high post, perfect with AMare on the low block and TT behind the 3. Where does this leave Marion?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:19 PM   #9
Trademark
I hit open layups

Trademark is considered somewhat coolTrademark is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
For diaw, he is most effective at the high post, perfect with AMare on the low block and TT behind the 3. Where does this leave Marion?

First of all, I'm not sure that TT will be back. He said that he's already made enough money and that he'd like to stay in Phoenix where he is having fun. But I don't know that he will actually turn down that much money.

Marion just kinda roams. He doens't have any set plays ran for him, so I don't think that having Amare and Diaw there will be a problem. Hopefully it works out all right. I do expect Diaw's minutes to get cut, though... I think that he is playing about 40 MPG right now. When Amare comes back, I expect that number to shrink to about 32 MPG.
Trademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:21 PM   #10
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.

build around curry and frye.
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #11
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs down Silly Knicks Fans Won't Stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The REAL Next KNICK
build around curry and frye.

Lol...
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:26 PM   #12
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

I would like to see the Bulls take up a more run & gun type game. I think they have the shooters with Kirk, Andres, BG, etc. Deng would fit perfectly in that type of system, he's an ideal small-ball PF. I think he'll be a bigger scoring and rebounding threat than Diaw, but with less passing skills.

Gomes is fine at the SF. He's pretty much like a bigger/stronger version of Adrian Griffith, and Griffith did just fine at the 3 spot playing hard nosed basketball with 6'5 height.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:26 PM   #13
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Frye and Curry.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:27 PM   #14
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

BlackMoses I can't see Deng scoring more then Diaw. Diaw offense improves every game I see.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #15
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

I think all three of those players should get more playing time on the teams they are on now at the beginning of next season. I'm sure they they are all working on their games and will get better, Diaw especially. Gomes has been a Godsend for the Celtics, and I think that he can make a pretty good impact next year for us. Deng can be valuable to the Bulls, but I'm not sure if he can get more playing time with so many other young players on that roster starting to play well. He's going to need to be traded or other players will have to be traded for him to see more action on the court.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: