Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-11-2008, 03:02 AM   #1
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation
Default Make Bryant Play Defense

Hes an amazing player fans, and he scares the crap out of me sometimes....

LAker fans have been saying kobe has to get a feel for the way teams are playing him and then he exposes them. While i do think he will play better, our defense still is great.

The major difference i noticed is in games 1 and 2, Bryant had to fight through screens with Ray Allen, and get beat up in the post when matched on pierce in the low block.

When he had to play defense he was not able to run down the court to the hoop every play like tonight.

Phil put him on ROndo, just like he put him on Bowen in the playoffs.

Doc needs to counter and notice this subtle change that phil did.
If you make him play defense then i think you see his effectiveness in the open court go down compared to tonight.

Also when pierce had sasha, I want him using his strength and taking it to the post on him beat him up a lil.

I want ray allen making kobe run so hard hes gassing for air, more screens and pick and rolls with Ray Allen and Garnett.

Ray showed tonight he still quick off screens losing people, I think more pick and rolls with KG and Ray Allen will be more dangerous with pierce in the corner, or rebounding and doing the little things.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Make Bryant Play Defense

I like pick and rolls with Ray and Paul. Both are so dangerous from down town. Ray is a solid playmaker and does a great job at getting KG involved, but KG settles for long jumpers too often.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: