Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-11-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Default Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

wow... very impressed with Vinny Del Negro. I much like the rest of Bulls fans was very let down when it was announced that VDN was the new coach. I thought there was no way no how you hire a coach with no experience for this Bulls team in their current state. After watching all 40+ minutes of the press conference I came away with a new sense of confidence for not only what Vinny can do as coach but what this whole team can do progressing forward into the 09 season. VDN is man with his **** together. He may have never coached before but he is clear in his vision and philosophies when it comes to not only today's NBA game but with the Bulls. He stumbled not once in any question he received and answered every question with beautiful execution. Paxson said that the conversations he had with Vinny over the last 3 weeks have been amazing conversations where it feels liked they talked basketball for 30 minutes but it was really 3 hours and 30 minutes. VDN just flat out knows the game. He also seems like he understands what it takes to have personal relationships with each and every player on the team. He isn't that old of a guy, so he seems to understand today's athletes probably even more so than Doug Collins or even a too intense Scott Skiles for that matter. VDN also in one press conference proved to me that his specialty is preparation and attention to detail. He seems like the type of guy who always knows his opponents strengths and weaknesses and the strengths and weaknesses of his own team, inside and out.

In the end, I 100% now see why Del Negro got the hire for this job. He seems prepared to execute on everything he needs to do to make the Bulls franchise successful. He got by in the league for 11 years because of how he understands the game. He may be a rookie coach but after today and getting to know the guy through a long press conference where every question you could wanna ask the guy was answered, I see this hire shocking many people when the Bulls are again in the playoffs with a team ready to stay on the rise in the NBA for a long time. I am completely behind Vinny for the certain reason he made me a believer today in all he plans to accomplish in Chicago. He is a very smart man who knows this job is a challenge beyond most challenges many face in the realm of professional coaching. You can tell he isn't worried about himself because he has that strong of confidence which the coach of the Chicago Bulls needs to have. I hope the VDN era in Chicago works out, because after hearing him explain his vision and philosophies, you can only really think this guy is for real and will rejuvenate the team unity and confidence the Bulls had a year ago.

Last edited by Dengness9 : 06-11-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

Is there a link online where we can watch this?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
Dengness9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Is there a link online where we can watch this?

I don't know of anywhere that has the full press conference. Try youtube at this point probably. But here is a link to the story on ESPN.com about Vinny. When you click the link, on the same page as the story there is a minute or 2 long clip of a little of what he had to say. Check it out...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3438162
Old 06-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #4
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

He seems...realistic.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #5
Dengness9

He seems extremely realistic and not just that... fair.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:54 PM   #6
KaptnKirk12

Yeah, I'll hold all the judgement until I see him in action. Good first impression though I'll give him that.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:09 PM   #7
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

wow I guess I had the wrong impression of him at first as a HC, but it seems like he is well prepared and knows what he is doing

Though it would be wise to actually see him coaching this team before setting any expectations, it looks like a promising 08/09 season for the Bulls
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:18 PM   #8
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

I didn't bother to watch the live press conference today because I didn't want any part of it. I can't find any video in the link you gave, but I am just pleasantly surprised to see you guys speaking so positively about Del Negro. That is a pretty good start.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:06 PM   #9
KaptnKirk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
I didn't bother to watch the live press conference today because I didn't want any part of it. I can't find any video in the link you gave, but I am just pleasantly surprised to see you guys speaking so positively about Del Negro. That is a pretty good start.

The video is in the right hand corner of the article. So roughly the middle of the page when it loads up. Just click play right under Del Negro's mug.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #10
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

i like what im hearing too, but for those of u who watched it, did he give any clue as to who he personally wanted to draft, i mean all u said he shared his visions and whatnot, i think a pretty big part of his future vision has to do with this one pick, so anybody get a clue?
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:11 AM   #11
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Okay, I went to NBA.com and then I proceeded to the Bulls page from that point. I just watched the entire 4 hour and 52 minute long press conference and I must say I agree with Dengness.

I think I can see how Paxson was wooed by Mr Del Negro. If only one thing comes out of Del Negro it seems that he is far more of a straight shooter than the average guy in these situations.

For me personally, I also see that he is smart, methodical, likable, and even shrewed, but WITHOUT being devious. I can already see where he will use his smarts to benefit the team as opposing coaches write him off.

A real sharp guy with good communication skills looks to be off to a good start. I must say I was/could still be skeptical, but, Scott Skiles never did this much for me in any press setting.

This is a new day for the Bulls and those of us that are rooting for their success. My only concern now is that they pick Rose.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:29 AM   #12
Paxson 93
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I am predicting that Bulls will select Rose (AND KEEP HIM, not trade him off in some ridiculous trade as some suggest). VDN as a guard will be able to work well with Rose I think - This way we can trade of Kirk and some others (not Tyrus Thomas) and get a good big man to help take us all the way
Paxson 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:34 AM   #13
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxson 93
I am predicting that Bulls will select Rose (AND KEEP HIM, not trade him off in some ridiculous trade as some suggest). VDN as a guard will be able to work well with Rose I think - This way we can trade of Kirk and some others (not Tyrus Thomas) and get a good big man to help take us all the way

I hear you and I think that is the most likely scenario. I personally wish the Bulls would part with Gordon and find someone better and taller for his position.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 06-12-2008 at 02:14 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:43 AM   #14
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
I hear you and I think that is the most likely scenario. I personally wish the Bulls wouls part with Gordon and find someone better and taller for his position.

if they part with him its gonna have to be for a taller scorer... itd be hard to fair without gordon's 18 ppg
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:54 AM   #15
KaptnKirk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxson 93

That isn't a bad prediction, and from what we hear from the media, very likely.

But if you have seen Del Negro play...it's more similar to Kirk than Rose.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: