Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 09:42 AM   #16
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
DwadeOverLebron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Windy City
Posts: 784
DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

umm not a lot of players play like rose, i don't think vinny had a choice, he played like he's white so does kirk haha

i was thoroughly impressed with him too, but i got one question... what is he? italian? mexican? or black? LOL HAHA get it? vinny del negro puhahahahaha LOL he sure looks pretty dam white to me hahahahahahaha lol
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 AM   #17
new noise
madvillain
 
new noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,481
new noise has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

Maybe it was just my TV, but Del Negro's weird long face looked absolutely gigantic.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #18
rodneykm
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
rodneykm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 28
rodneykm has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

Quote:
umm not a lot of players play like rose, i don't think vinny had a choice, he played like he's white so does kirk haha

i was thoroughly impressed with him too, but i got one question... what is he? italian? mexican? or black? LOL HAHA get it? vinny del negro puhahahahaha LOL he sure looks pretty dam white to me hahahahahahaha lol


Congratulations on being a racist.
rodneykm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #19
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan
 
Dengness9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,779
Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
Okay, I went to NBA.com and then I proceeded to the Bulls page from that point. I just watched the entire 4 hour and 52 minute long press conference and I must say I agree with Dengness.

I think I can see how Paxson was wooed by Mr Del Negro. If only one thing comes out of Del Negro it seems that he is far more of a straight shooter than the average guy in these situations.

For me personally, I also see that he is smart, methodical, likable, and even shrewed, but WITHOUT being devious. I can already see where he will use his smarts to benefit the team as opposing coaches write him off.

A real sharp guy with good communication skills looks to be off to a good start. I must say I was/could still be skeptical, but, Scott Skiles never did this much for me in any press setting.

This is a new day for the Bulls and those of us that are rooting for their success. My only concern now is that they pick Rose.


You summed it up well. Glad to see you know what i was talking about after i watched it. He got my confidence through the roof for him and the upcoming seasons possibilities.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #20
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter
 
ConanRulesNBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 8,577
ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

Is that his wife with him in the picture on the Bulls site? If so... wow... good for him.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #21
Paxson 93
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Paxson 93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 23
Paxson 93 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
You summed it up well. Glad to see you know what i was talking about after i watched it. He got my confidence through the roof for him and the upcoming seasons possibilities.

I agree.

When I first heard that the Bulls had chosen Vinny I was dumbfounded as to why they have selected this bloke who has not coached before.

However, after watching the press conference my confidence skyrocketed (is this a word? - probably not) in his ability and what he could potentially bring to the Bulls.
Paxson 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #22
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
DwadeOverLebron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Windy City
Posts: 784
DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

im not a racist, im just a chicagoan haha

thank god his name isn't vinny del negro patel kim, cuz i would really be skeptical if he was indian and asian haha lol

its just a interview guys, he knew what questions were gonna come at him, he was very prepared which is a good thing, but lets just see how he does, he admitted it'll be a growth process on both sides so... lets have a party!!!



DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:21 PM   #23
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod
 
Crazy Style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago's Nearwest Suburbs
Posts: 1,880
Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

He seems like a very intelligent guy when it comes to basketball. The fact that he hasn't coached at all in any level isn't that bad as I thought because I think he'll have a quicker transition to the game than most new first time coaches. Also he was an assistant G.M so he must know a thing or two about players. Hopefully he's one of those coaches that start out totally new as a first time coach, but actually stay long term. It's good that he preached about playing defense, although it may have been because the Bulls have always been more of an defensive team. He also said he likes a quick up tempo offense which I'm for. So for a first impression I'd give him a B+ when it comes to presenting himself and his ideas. What happens on the court will be determined.

Anyone think Del Negro at times looks kind of like Luke Wilson?
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #24
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star
 
CaNt Be ToUcHeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 528
CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
He seems like a very intelligent guy when it comes to basketball. The fact that he hasn't coached at all in any level isn't that bad as I thought because I think he'll have a quicker transition to the game than most new first time coaches. Also he was an assistant G.M so he must know a thing or two about players. Hopefully he's one of those coaches that start out totally new as a first time coach, but actually stay long term. It's good that he preached about playing defense, although it may have been because the Bulls have always been more of an defensive team. He also said he likes a quick up tempo offense which I'm for. So for a first impression I'd give him a B+ when it comes to presenting himself and his ideas. What happens on the court will be determined.

Anyone think Del Negro at times looks kind of like Luke Wilson?

he was the assistant coach for d'antoni
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #25
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod
 
Crazy Style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago's Nearwest Suburbs
Posts: 1,880
Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
he was the assistant coach for d'antoni

No, everywhere it says he hasn't had any coaching experience. Even Steve Kerr said that he didn't offer him the job since he prefered a coach with experience since the Suns are much more of a veteran team, while the Bulls could afford to invest in a coach like Vinny.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:39 PM   #26
Paxson 93
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Paxson 93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 23
Paxson 93 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Is that his wife with him in the picture on the Bulls site? If so... wow... good for him.

Damn... Vinny's stock has just gone up in my book with a missus like that!

Very very very nice... maybe she could coach the bulls???

I believe that if he can pull a top quality sort like her je must be a very successful man, one who will do good things at the bulls.
Paxson 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #27
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Glide2keva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,290
Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxson 93
Damn... Vinny's stock has just gone up in my book with a missus like that!

Very very very nice... maybe she could coach the bulls???

I believe that if he can pull a top quality sort like her je must be a very successful man, one who will do good things at the bulls.
So he's going to be a good coacg because his wife is hot?

Wow, great logic there.

I'm sorry but the Bulls do not need a coach who is finding his way, they needed a coach who has been there and that coach was Avery Johnson.

I'll support Vinny because he's the coach and there's nothing I can do about it, but I'm just going to wait for him to get fired so they can go for a real coach.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #28
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan
 
Dengness9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,779
Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide2keva
So he's going to be a good coacg because his wife is hot?

Wow, great logic there.

I'm sorry but the Bulls do not need a coach who is finding his way, they needed a coach who has been there and that coach was Avery Johnson.

I'll support Vinny because he's the coach and there's nothing I can do about it, but I'm just going to wait for him to get fired so they can go for a real coach.


Avery Johnson = Black Scott Skiles

Too intense and critical to young players and calls almost every offensive set from the sideline every game. A team who is most likely drafting a PG like D Rose needs to have a little offensive freedom. Plus the Bulls need to be a primarily fast break team and Avery Johnson doesn't like his team calling their own shots.

I think your incorrect when you say Vinny is finding his way. He obviously knows basketball as much as some head coaches already if you know his whole story. The only thing he has to find is a connection personally to his players. I am already convinced he can be that guy from what I've seen and heard in interviews. He wants to play fast pace offense, and Bulls players are already buzzing and interested in this so i heard on Chicago Tribune Live. If he can make his players feel important, needed, and comfortable he will be a good coach. He was the only candidate to come to Paxson with a full offensive/defensive playbook with the Bulls roster already incorporated specifically for it. That's straight business.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:01 PM   #29
Paxson 93
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Paxson 93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 23
Paxson 93 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Vinny Del Negro Introduction Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Avery Johnson = Black Scott Skiles

Too intense and critical to young players and calls almost every offensive set from the sideline every game. A team who is most likely drafting a PG like D Rose needs to have a little offensive freedom. Plus the Bulls need to be a primarily fast break team and Avery Johnson doesn't like his team calling their own shots.

I think your incorrect when you say Vinny is finding his way. He obviously knows basketball as much as some head coaches already if you know his whole story. The only thing he has to find is a connection personally to his players. I am already convinced he can be that guy from what I've seen and heard in interviews. He wants to play fast pace offense, and Bulls players are already buzzing and interested in this so i heard on Chicago Tribune Live. If he can make his players feel important, needed, and comfortable he will be a good coach. He was the only candidate to come to Paxson with a full offensive/defensive playbook with the Bulls roster already incorporated specifically for it. That's straight business.


I agree... very good point..

P.S - Glide2Keva - Didn't you know that you can tell the success of a man by how hot his wife is? I thought everyone knew that...
Thats why I am not very successful and never will be..
Paxson 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy