Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-13-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default A couple of Warriors are available for backup slots or possibly starting positions!

Well, we're probably not re-signing Delfino. So we have a chance to spend part of our MLE on Pietrus or Azubuike. I don't know if either will come within our range, but they are a couple of the possible options...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #2
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board
Default Re: A couple of Warriors are available for backup slots or possibly starting position

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Well, we're probably not re-signing Delfino. So we have a chance to spend part of our MLE on Pietrus or Azubuike. I don't know if either will come within our range, but they are a couple of the possible options...

pietrus would be a nice acquisition, however, i think he'll be looking for more than the MLE. It wouldn't surprise me if he stays in GS, he seems to thrive off the crowd there.
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A couple of Warriors are available for backup slots or possibly starting position

I like moon better than pietrus, but i would liek azubukie...

he got an offensive mentallity..
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

We need guys that can play d....
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:47 AM   #5
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
We need guys that can play d....
And Piertrus has the ability to do that.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #6
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: A couple of Warriors are available for backup slots or possibly starting positions!

Very little interest in Pietrus, I don't think he's any kind of significant upgrade over Delfino yet he'll probably cost twice as much. Azubuike is a nice offensive player, but some team desperate for a scorer will like him enough that he'll be even more out of the Raptors' range.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation
Default Re: A couple of Warriors are available for backup slots or possibly starting positions!

We need a major shakeup in the starting rotation to go deeper in the Playoffs next year. I don't see either of those as significant enough to do that taking into account what they would cost in salaries.
The Small forward and Center positions is where we need to land very good starters at. CB4 is untouchable and I'd keep Jose or TJ. After that, no one is safe on that roster IMO.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #8
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Very little interest in Pietrus, I don't think he's any kind of significant upgrade over Delfino yet he'll probably cost twice as much. Azubuike is a nice offensive player, but some team desperate for a scorer will like him enough that he'll be even more out of the Raptors' range.

Barely an upgrade over Delfino is right.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #9
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

I think the Warriors will re sign Azubuike for sure. He can give good production for a backup swing for a good price. Pietrus is alright but I won't be wetting myself if Toronto signs him.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:40 PM   #10
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Pietrus would be an upgrade over our wings....but he's not the total answer that's for sure. Good defender and athletic. Look at what Delfino did with opportunity and mins.....same jump you'd see with Pietrus if he got mins. We had to have close to the lowest production from our starting SG, SF and C in the league! Three freakin' positions. Looking objectively at this team, we need a lot of work.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:41 AM   #11
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

The defense that Pietrus brings is something that could be a huge upgrade for the Raps. He would instantly become our best defener.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:15 PM   #12
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

If we get Pietrus, and assume that's he's a starter for us, we can start Kapono ahead of Parker at SG.. that way scoring and defense will be balanced
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

According to some of the rumors floating around, AP is one of the guys we're looking to get rid of.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #14
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
According to some of the rumors floating around, AP is one of the guys we're looking to get rid of.

I haven't heard that at all.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #15
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
If we get Pietrus, and assume that's he's a starter for us, we can start Kapono ahead of Parker at SG.. that way scoring and defense will be balanced

Parker is a better scorer than Kapono.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: