Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #31
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Vince Carter Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Im sure there is some video of Lance Stephenson schooling someone because he plays against a lot of NBA players during tournaments over at Rucker.

It might be it might not be but you're right.
I'm sure there's a lot that's not talked about. I would be surprised if Derozan hasn't played with guys from UCLA/USC (Mayo, Collison, Love, etc.) and former alumni that come down there to play (like guys such as Baron Davis). I'm sure Derrick Rose has played at Hoops the Gym in Chicago with Jordan, Antoine Walker, Michael Finley, Dwyane Wade, Shawn Marion, etc....

Just pointing out that you can't put a player down for not dominating college level talent or higher when there's limited footage on youtube.

By the way Interminator I'm surprised you said the words "you're right". Thanks
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #32
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Some LeBron James Trivia

Quote:
After his junior year, Lebron James was offered a nine million dollar contract to play basketball in Italy. Michael Jordan invited him for a workout at his private court with Antoine Walker, Michael Finley, Juwan Howard and Penny Hardaway. Lebron ended forming an enduring bond with Antoine Walker. He had already begun to make covers of basketball magazines. It was only NBA rules that stopped him from joining the 2002 draft.

Lebron James had become one of the best all round basketball players the world had ever seen. He is one of the best passers in the history of the game. Lebron James seems to have the ability to carry a blueprint of the court in his head, his speed and strength are above average. The only weak link in his game is the outside jumper but a couple of years in the NBA and that too will be taken care off.

When the nation is in such a frenzy over an individual, it is not possible that the corporates would be far behind. Nike and Adidas were in a battle royal to sign up Lebron James. Adidas even deployed Kobe Bryant to ensnare Lebron. He was eventually signed up by Nike for close to U.S. $90 million. All this before Lebron joined the NBA. Lebron James was the obvious first pick during the draft, he was selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers who dealt Andre Mills in the process. In order to test the hype surrounding him, Cavaliers coach broke NBA rules and invited Lebron James to practice with the team before the NBA draft. Lebron James wowed all his future teammates with his dunks over the heads of seasoned pros such as Jumaine Jones and Chris Mihm. His passes were better than anyone on the regular Cleveland Cavaliers team.

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/4-24-2005-69014.asp

Quote:
Michael's secret workouts. Jordan was bringing the big guns to Chicago for private scrimmages before the 2001-02 season, and he sent for LeBron. The kid had just finished 10th grade, yet Michael mostly matched him up against Jerry Stackhouse and Corey Maggette. LeBron held his own, and Michael was impressed by his ambidexterity. (James eats and writes lefthanded, but shoots righthanded.) Before LeBron left, Michael gave him his cell number. "We stole it from LeBron's phone," Frankie Jr. says. "We called, and Michael picked up. We hung up. Mike changed his number after that. Now we've got to get the new one. That's our goal before the season ends.

http://espn.go.com/magazine/vol5no26next.html

Quote:
He was nowhere near as intrigued as the Cavs' Lucas, who had worked out Kobe in high school and had long itched to see LeBron. "I kept hearing he was better than Kobe," Lucas says. "So I went to see him play at an AAU tournament and stayed 11 hours. Stayed 11 hours looking for a weakness."

Quote:
Last spring, Lucas invited James to an informal Cavs workout, then watched him dunk on Jumaine Jones and jam backward over Chris Mihm. But it was the kid's point guard skills that floored the coach, so much so that Lucas has no regrets about the two-game suspension and the $150,000 fine he received for bringing LeBron in. In fact, some Cavs players suggest the front office traded point guard Andre Miller to pave the way for a lottery run (which is what happens when you peel off 15 losses in a row).

http://espn.go.com/magazine/vol5no26next.html

Last edited by Lebron23 : 07-01-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #33
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I'm sure there's a lot that's not talked about. I would be surprised if Derozan hasn't played with guys from UCLA/USC (Mayo, Collison, Love, etc.) and former alumni that come down there to play (like guys such as Baron Davis). I'm sure Derrick Rose has played at Hoops the Gym in Chicago with Jordan, Antoine Walker, Michael Finley, Dwyane Wade, Shawn Marion, etc....

Just pointing out that you can't put a player down for not dominating college level talent or higher when there's limited footage on youtube.

By the way Interminator I'm surprised you said the words "you're right". Thanks
Maybe.

I think in DeRozan's case with him playing in a city league doesn't mean he played against college/NBA competition,most of the NBA guys from California usually come from the suburban schools now.

I think Baron Davis went to Beverly Hills or somethin like that although hes from Compton.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #34
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

No offence to you LeBron23 but get off his dick.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #35
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Maybe.

I think in DeRozan's case with him playing in a city league doesn't mean he played against college/NBA competition,most of the NBA guys from California usually come from the suburban schools now.

I think Baron Davis went to Beverly Hills or somethin like that although hes from Compton.
Tyson Chandler is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that was public league. I also have Fairfax stuck in my head, but I'm not sure if its only because of Renardo Sidney? Baron Davis went to Crossroads HS.

Other notables from Crossroads are...JA Adande, Mary Kate Olsen, Jack Black, Austin Croshere, Gary Coleman, Kate Hudson, and Gwyneth Paltrow according to wikipedia. Not sure how accurate that is...but I know the Kate Hudson and Austin Croshere ones are right.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:08 PM   #36
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Tyson Chandler is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that was public league. I also have Fairfax stuck in my head, but I'm not sure if its only because of Renardo Sidney? Baron Davis went to Crossroads HS.
Yeah but thats because Tyson Chandler was 7'0,Brandon Jennings went there for 2 years but after he went to Oak Hill and played against better talent his stock soared.

Quote:
Other notables from Crossroads are...JA Adande, Mary Kate Olsen, Jack Black, Austin Croshere, Gary Coleman, Kate Hudson, and Gwyneth Paltrow according to wikipedia. Not sure how accurate that is...but I know the Kate Hudson and Austin Croshere ones are right.
Damn I had no clue Baron wen't to a school that produces that many white people.

Didn't he play HS basketball with The Game.smh
Old 07-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #37
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Yeah but thats because Tyson Chandler was 7'0,Brandon Jennings went there for 2 years but after he went to Oak Hill and played against better talent his stock soared.

Damn I had no clue Baron wen't to a school that produces that many white people.

Didn't he play HS basketball with The Game.smh
The Game has said he's best friends with Baron. Idk about playing basketball together.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #38
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

I would love to see him on the Nets. He's got tons of potential and if VC is still around, he learn tons.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: