Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-14-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here
Default Toughest Finals Bosses?

What is the toughest final boss you ever faced in a video game?
On a side note: I am not a big MGS fan at all, in fact I think the gameplay is kind of bad. I hate the camera angle, I only played Snake Eater though.

But who is Raiden? I watched a trailer on Youtube and there is this Ninja Raiden who is just sick, is he/she one of the final bosses in MGS or what?

Do I have to fight THAT in Sons of Liberty?
Oh by the way IGN, since Soul Caliber back in 99' have not given out a prefect score yet...in the last 2 months both GTA 4 and MGS 4 have gotten a perfect review from that site.

I can't wait till my PS3 arrives in late June.

The toughest final boss, I probably faced during my experience would be in God of War, on the toughest level where you had to fight the "God of War".
~LA's fine$t~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:01 AM   #2
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Toughest Finals Bosses?

Kid Chameleon on Sega Genesis in an unbeatable game. I'm not sure who the last boss is, but he's unbeatable.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #3
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Kid Chameleon on Sega Genesis in an unbeatable game. I'm not sure who the last boss is, but he's unbeatable.

I don't know if it is possible to finish the game
The game supposedly has 100+ levels…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:21 AM   #4
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

The hardest final boss I have faced was the True Last Boss in Mushihimesama… I got good enough to make it to the 5th (final) stage and then you face the boss… upon defeating him the REAL boss comes out and throws out some crazy patterns and literally covers the screen in bullets. It requirs pixel perfect movement to even consider to survive that! Anyways I get destroyed and loose what 1 or even 2 lives I have

check out a real master…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt4f-h7YW6w

Last edited by Sonic R : 06-15-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #5
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here

I don't get it, what am I watching?
What was so special about that youtube video?
All I see is a bunch of purple flowers or whatever covering the screen and some guy is shooting non-stop. Doesn't look hard at all, am I missing something?

Anyways, can you answer my Ninja Raiden question Sonic?
I'm curious about this characters history.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #6
ALaz502
I airball my layups

ALaz502 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
I don't get it, what am I watching?
What was so special about that youtube video?
All I see is a bunch of purple flowers or whatever covering the screen and some guy is shooting non-stop. Doesn't look hard at all, am I missing something?

Anyways, can you answer my Ninja Raiden question Sonic?
I'm curious about this characters history.

Okay, that thing at the bottom that's shooting those beams up is the character, and the thing that comes from the top is the enemy.

Think of it as an aircraft flying and you're looking down at the stuff with the camera.

Now ALL those purple things that form the "flower" pattern, ANY one of those can kill the character when it touches him. So there are times when the screen is LITERALLY covered with the purple things and the dude is STILL dodging them. That's freaking incredible!!!!!
ALaz502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #7
ALaz502
I airball my layups

Raiden is the main character from Metal Gear Solid 2. You play as him instead of Solid snake. He has the same abilities. But fans were pissed that he replaced Solid Snake.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #8
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALaz502
Okay, that thing at the bottom that's shooting those beams up is the character, and the thing that comes from the top is the enemy.

Think of it as an aircraft flying and you're looking down at the stuff with the camera.

Now ALL those purple things that form the "flower" pattern, ANY one of those can kill the character when it touches him. So there are times when the screen is LITERALLY covered with the purple things and the dude is STILL dodging them. That's freaking incredible!!!!!

That's that I thought, but how is he dodging them when those purple things cover the entire screen including the character?
Old 06-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #9
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

I can kind of see what you guys mean, but the character is still clearly being hit, no?
Old 06-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #10
ALaz502
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
I can kind of see what you guys mean, but the character is still clearly being hit, no?

nope. the very center of him is the hittable part, the outside parts of him are not.

even though that makes it a bit "easier" it's still ridiculous. No way an average, and even above average gamer can beat that ****.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:13 PM   #11
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

GameInformer did an article on the most difficult bosses a few months ago. I can try to find it. I think Mike Tyson from Mike Tyson's Punchout won the title.

I found some bosses to be difficult based simply on my equipment for games. I remember at the end of Resident Evil 2, I had saved the game at a certain point where you couldn't go back. I didn't have any health or anything, and it took me forever to beat that final guy because of it.

I can't think of a really hard boss off the top of my head that I couldn't get by. Some of the God of War stuff took me a long time, like the giant Minotaur on God Mode, and some of the stages in that bonus level where you go up the platforms. (forget what its called)

Some of the BEST boss fights were in the Metal Gear series. I absolutely LOVE to fight The End in Snake Eater. Tracking him down is so much fun. First couple of times I played it though, it was downright scary. You'd be peering out your scope or something and all the sudden you'd flip it off and he'd be standing right there and kick your ass!

Or the way Psycho Mantis would read your memory card. You don't quite figure it out right away, and when the cut scene came on and he says, 'You like to play Castlevania, don't you?' my buddy and I just looked at each other and our jaws dropped, until we figured out how it worked.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #12
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
I don't know if it is possible to finish the game
The game supposedly has 100+ levels…

I've played the game for over 10 years, it's unbeatable (without Game Genie).

I believe I reached level 126 when I was 12ish (takes like 2 hours). The problem is you only have 3 continues then you have to start all over again.

Mike Tyson isn't that hard. I had a friend in College who would stop by once a week and run through the whole game. The hardest thing about beating Tyson is using those damn NES controllers without your hands cramping up!

Another tough game to beat was Blaster Master.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:50 PM   #13
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I've played the game for over 10 years, it's unbeatable (without Game Genie).

I believe I reached level 126 when I was 12ish (takes like 2 hours). The problem is you only have 3 continues then you have to start all over again.

Mike Tyson isn't that hard. I had a friend in College who would stop by once a week and run through the whole game. The hardest thing about beating Tyson is using those damn NES controllers without your hands cramping up!

Blaster Master was cake. You didn't even have to beat the bosses. All you had to do was fire a grenade at it. Pause while the grenade was still animating. Go away and come back in an hour, and the grenade did damage the whole time you were gone. You come back, unpause, and boom, boss's dead.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:50 PM   #14
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:

Mike Tyson was pretty tough to figure out…
I grew up with this dude who could beat him no sweat… funny thing is that even to this day, he still has the code memorized and can still beat him. He'll fail at the rest of the game today but will beat Tyson
We joke about how he is good at Tyson because growing up all he had was that game and SMB…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Blaster Master was cake. You didn't even have to beat the bosses. All you had to do was fire a grenade at it. Pause while the grenade was still animating. Go away and come back in an hour, and the grenade did damage the whole time you were gone. You come back, unpause, and boom, boss's dead.

Mathius

That trick only worked for a few of the bosses. Didn't work on the level 5 boss which was the crab. Best way to beat the sucker was with a fully powered gun…

but yeah… Blaster Master wasn't hard once the route was memorized. Its still a good game with non linear levels with stages where you had to use both your vehicle and the guy.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #15
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Though he's not a "final" boss, I still havent beaten Ruby Weapon in FF7. That bastard!
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: