Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #16
frayed knot
Banned

frayed knot has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Toughest Finals Bosses?

^ Emerald weapon was tougher for me (Ruby was in no way easy though)
some others off the top of my head
-Sephiroth - Kingdom of Hearts
-Viewtiful Joe - episode 6 (series of boss characters)
-Raam from GoW on insane was incredibly hard for me
-Andross from starfox
-Onox from Oracle of Seasons
-if TTFAF on GH3 counts as a final boss, add that.
-yuga from samurai showdown.. ugh
frayed knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:58 PM   #17
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

The CB Undying final boss kicked my a$s about 30 times before I got fed up and looked on the internet for his weakness. Seriously, I spent 45 min. one time just skull storming everything I could on that tiny island...
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:29 PM   #18
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Mike Tyson was pretty tough to figure out…
I grew up with this dude who could beat him no sweat… funny thing is that even to this day, he still has the code memorized and can still beat him. He'll fail at the rest of the game today but will beat Tyson
We joke about how he is good at Tyson because growing up all he had was that game and SMB…

I actually looked at that article again, and it wasn't the toughest boss fights, it was just the best bosses. But the little paragraph did point out that Tyson was extremely tough and seemed unbeatable.

Quote:
That trick only worked for a few of the bosses. Didn't work on the level 5 boss which was the crab. Best way to beat the sucker was with a fully powered gun…

but yeah… Blaster Master wasn't hard once the route was memorized. Its still a good game with non linear levels with stages where you had to use both your vehicle and the guy.

No, the trick definitely worked on all of them, but there were a few bosses where it didn't _look_ like it was working, and it took longer. I remember thinking the same thing as you as a kid, but I figured out that it was still working, it just took longer.

Only one I won't swear to is the final boss. Actually, come to think of it I may have gotten bored with it and never finished the game.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #19
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayed knot
^ Emerald weapon was tougher for me (Ruby was in no way easy though)
some others off the top of my head

Yeah, some of the weapons from the FF series games were extremely tough. Some took a REALLY long time, and others.. you could beat them, but not too many people could guarantee they'd win the fight EVERY time.

I think in FF7, the weapon in the desert was incredibly tough if you didn't have the right stuff.

Quote:
-Raam from GoW on insane was incredibly hard for me

GoW 1 or 2? Which one is Raam? I haven't played 2 yet. I have it, just haven't opened it.

Mathius
Old 06-27-2008, 05:53 PM   #20
frayed knot
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
GoW 1 or 2? Which one is Raam? I haven't played 2 yet. I have it, just haven't opened it.

Mathius

My fault. I use the GoW acronym for Gears of War. RAAM is the final boss from gears. The difficulty with RAAM is the increased speed of the game at higher levels. Basically, its nothing more than mastering a pattern of movement which is challenging bc of obstacles in the game (for gears: instantaneous death in the "shadows/dark areas").

To further add to that point, nearly all of your actions are assigned to the A button. So, it is common to end up taking cover when you're attempting a somersault roll in the open. Its a lot like a guitar hero song, in the way you press the button corresponding to what you see on the screen. Instead of green button on the fret you see bullets and arrows. Same idea, though.

I like GoW bc its not a fps in the true sense. In fact, "shooting" isn't much of a factor in this game. No elaborate aiming system, pretty much just trigger firing. That's the beauty of Gears though, it punishes the player who runs around with reckless abandon in the open. Impossible to survive that way, and you're forced to consider positioning of your character within the environment before you enter combat. I like that, it brings a tactical element, yet retains the arcade style play.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #21
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I guarantee you that you can't use the grenade trick on the level 5 crab boss in Blaster Master...the fully loaded gun is pretty hard to get without gettin hit...but there's a trick where you can flick your grenades further by runnin forward and diagonally which makes things easier.

As for Raiden he was the main character for MSG2 for most part of the game. Fans didn't like him cuz he was kind of a whiny ***** and not even a fraction of the badass that solid snake is/was. However, he was more agile and had a kickass sword that blocks bullets. Plus we got to work alongside snake and see the veteran from a different perspective.
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:27 PM   #22
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
I guarantee you that you can't use the grenade trick on the level 5 crab boss in Blaster Master...the fully loaded gun is pretty hard to get without gettin hit...but there's a trick where you can flick your grenades further by runnin forward and diagonally which makes things easier.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on the crab… I busted my ass to get good enough to get to him with a fully powered gun

Also it isn't really feasible to use the grenade trick on the 3rd boss (boxes) — I never tried so I don't know if it works… its not that difficult anyways. Never tried the grenade trick on the brain boss either (1st boss)…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:02 PM   #23
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Yeah I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on the crab… I busted my ass to get good enough to get to him with a fully powered gun

Also it isn't really feasible to use the grenade trick on the 3rd boss (boxes) — I never tried so I don't know if it works… its not that difficult anyways. Never tried the grenade trick on the brain boss either (1st boss)…

I'm going to have to break out my emulator and investigate this. I'm positive it works on the Brain, and the Frog, I remember both of those clearly. the rest is a bit hazy, but I didn't meet a boss it didn't work on, I know that.

The Brain was one of those that didn't look like it would work, but did.

Mathius
Old 06-28-2008, 12:10 AM   #24
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayed knot
-yuga from samurai showdown.. ugh

You had hyper neo geo? Love SNK titles. Yuga was pure frustration and death. Good note, he's one of the toughest I've ever played
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:53 PM   #25
frayed knot
Banned

self healing on top of ranged throws. ya. yuga was a killer.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: