Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Collecting and not playing games

It seems lately, like I've been collecting games and not playing them. Army of Two I have only played it once for about 40 minutes. Bioshock for about 1 hour. Lost Planet 2 hours. Stranglehold for about 2 hours. Seems that I'm more into collecting than playing. Same with my psp Crisis Core and Syphon Filter are both unfinished. Does anybody else do this? Too many games to play?
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Collecting and not playing games

yup, and i've made the conscious decision to stop doing it immediately!

it's almost a form of addiction i'm convinced. i'm just drawn to the local game stop on saturday afternoons. i dunno what it is.

i've decided that most xbox360 games are good for one playthrough and that's about it, so i'm just gonna rent those.

if a good multiplayer 360 or wii game comes out, then i'll consider it. but it's going to have to be 2 player, and i'm still working out the rest of the guidelines :)

hopefully with summer being the slow season for video games, i'll be able to follow through with my self-instated rehabilitation...
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

I enjoy collecting games but I collect games I intend to play.

I've always said I am a game player with a large collection of games. I've seen too many people who collect games for the sake of saying they have a complete collection. Who would want EVERY Genesis game! Thats too much Madden, NHL Hockey, and RBI Baseball for my tastes. Heck, there is this one dude who has EVERY north american PlayStation game including variants — greatest hits, long box, et cetera… I'll admit though he does provide alot of info and shares it with the rest of the world.

I know I am guilty of buying a game, playing it for a week and then I revert to go play some old game… and forget about that new game for months… I blame work

So long as you have good intentions, there is nothing wrong with being a game collector so long as you actually play games. There are demented people who collect sealed games… I won't post their site as I despise those fxcks… those people have problems! Games are to be played not to be stared at on some dusty shelf.

Have fun with your games collection!
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I have two friends that are like this, both different.

One, his mother bought him all the games, he never even asked for them. He wasn't a HUGE video game player, but he enjoys them, especially the good ones. But his mom just kept buying him every popular game that came out, and a lot of them are still sitting in the wrapper, years later.

My other friend is a single guy with very little bills. He moved to Seattle last year from Strongsville, OH (suburb of Cleveland) and then a few months ago moved to Hawaii. He lives the players life style, picking up chicks, having fun, playing video games and drinking.

But he's funny about video games. He buys them new when they come out, all the popular ones hes interested in. Then he'll leave them in the wrapper, because he won't open a new game until he's finished the old one. Eventually he said he just stopped buying them as much because he never got a chance to play them.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I have every intention of playing them, but then I end up catching up on other stuff like working out, reading, or movies. Other times I'll get on a roll and just play my games for a few weeks. Some games I never get back to and I eventually sell them.

I don't collect to collect and say that I have tight games. So I agree with Sonic R. Collecting them and leaving them sealed is lame.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:46 AM   #6
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm very selective about the games I buy.

Right now I own for PS3:

Fight Night
Skate
Dynasty Warriors
NBA 2k8
FIFA 2008
Gran Turismo 5

All these games have tons of replay value, and as you can tell, I like sport games mostly. I've been close to buying GTA4 a few times, but I'm so busy right now I know I won't have time to play it.

My brother (29) has XBox360 and he buys all the hyped new releases. Eventually he beats them, but since he buys so many it often takes him weeks or months to get around to it. He also got hooked on CoD4 online for awhile. He probably owns 25-30 XBox360 games.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: