Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-24-2006, 01:48 AM   #16
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
rogers is a cable provider in ontario and it offers digital cable as well (like sattelite).

you can buy one of their boxes that comes with a recorder in it. you simply choose what show you want to record and press the record button. can have up to 24 hours worth of footage at one time.

not exactly like tivo, but similar.

I have Rogers too, how can you watch games on there? What channel?
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:53 AM   #17
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mamba
I didn't say Wade was "phony". I said sometimes his play gives credibility to that argument. And it is because some of the referee / lack of a jumpshot type conversation. JJ isn't a better player, but he is a damn good one. I don't know if I said JJ was a better player, or if he was having a better game. And I do focus on the negatives with Wade. Just as AppleNader focus on the negatives of Team USA. And we do that, because we are looking for validation of the greatness of both. We want them to prove what they do, and to eliminate flaws. That is just how I am. I'm that way with Kobe too, I just wasn't on this message board while he was actively playing. I do it to all the people I am a fan of.

Wait, so are you a junior or a senior? They wouldn't let you slide with one less credit hour? And how do you only have one less credit hour? How old are you?

Wow, you are the weirdest "fan" I have ever met. "My team is so good, they can't hit a jumpshot, and they only win because the officials are on our nuts!!!". And that "he is a phony superstar" is a quote from the PR thread, and you did in fact say that game shows that Joe Johnson is a better player than Wade. And I am 17, and am a senior in highschool, but because of my credits I am technically a junior. Doesn't mean much that I am a junior, but I will have some classes with juniors instead of seniors, and all of my schedules and other stuff claim that I am a junior. I hate and love being lazy at the same time.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:59 AM   #18
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

"My team is so good, they can't hit a jumpshot, and they only win because the officials are on our nuts!!!".

I never said that. Nor did I say Wade was a "phony superstar". Just that sometimes his games give credibility to that belief. Not saying neccessarily that I believe it, myself. I think the refs in FIBA look to call stuff on us, as opposed to other teams. Italy got away with so many travels last game. They call everything on the U.S.A.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:03 AM   #19
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

I'm pulling an all nighter for this one , slept for 4 hours after Italy game and now i'm gonna be up again since I got a couple days before college.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:08 AM   #20
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Where you been H&O?
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:12 AM   #21
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mamba
"My team is so good, they can't hit a jumpshot, and they only win because the officials are on our nuts!!!".

I never said that. Nor did I say Wade was a "phony superstar". Just that sometimes his games give credibility to that belief. Not saying neccessarily that I believe it, myself. I think the refs in FIBA look to call stuff on us, as opposed to other teams. Italy got away with so many travels last game. They call everything on the U.S.A.

I didn't say that you said that first quote, it was an exageration of the type of fan you are. Every fan i've ever met has talked about the positive things of their teams, not rip on them for every negative.

Well you didn't outright say it, but "And gives validity to the argument that he is a phony superstar. Real superstars just don't dominate in a game in one league, and look like a scrub in the next".

I didn't see the post where you said JJ was better, but you could find it if you wanted too.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:17 AM   #22
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

And what I said is true. I give just as many negatives as I do positives.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:17 AM   #23
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Where you been H&O?
summers over for me, not gonna be around as much anymore ,time to make the big money
Old 08-24-2006, 02:21 AM   #24
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Wades play throughout these games could lead a fan that never watched him before this to think he's a very sloppy player and has little spurts of goodness. I'm a huge Wade fan but he has been playing a sloppy and trying draw fouls way to much. Causing his shots to look irregular alot.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:23 AM   #25
The Mamba
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
Wades play throughout these games could lead a fan that never watched him before this to think he's a very sloppy player and has little spurts of goodness. I'm a huge Wade fan but he has been playing a sloppy and trying draw fouls way to much. Causing his shots to look irregular alot.
Exactly.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:16 AM   #26
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Only game so far I'm not pulling an all-nighter for.

Doesn't mean anything, we've clinched the division, and the competition shouldn't even give our boys a test.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:25 AM   #27
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Senegal is straight up terrible. I think the score so far is USA 59 to 24.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:40 AM   #28
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

yo whats the score, whos playing well?
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:41 AM   #29
Milkman

USA 69 to 34, Bosh still looking like garbage
Old 08-24-2006, 07:49 AM   #30
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

How come Wade isnt playing today ? And how is it possible that the US have forced so few turnovers ? Was expecting this to be another non-stop fastbreak game. (Sadly can't watch since I'm at work).

Oh and btw has Bosh had some decent plays for once ? Looking at the boxscore he has 6/5/1 which isnt exactly stellar, but looks like a step up from previous games.
BigTicket is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: