Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 06-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.
Default Dallas Trade Idea

We send Raef LaFrentz, Channing Frye, Jarrett Jack and the #13 pick for Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse.

The Mavericks have no first round pick and Mark Cuban recently stated that he is searching for ways to trade into the first round.

This not only give him a first round pick, but a solid PG defender to play behind the aging Jason Kidd.

I'd like to see Terry and Roy playing alongside each other......Stackhouse could either provide us with a veteran presence in a backup role or he could be bought out.

Frye gives them another big, which they were missing in the playoffs and if I'm not mistaken, it was Dallas who originally gave LaFrentz the ludicrous contract he now has (I'll have to look that up) - it would be ironic/fitting to see him land back in Dallas.

Thoughts???
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:23 PM   #2
Renegade
I hit open layups

Renegade has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dallas Trade Idea

I would pass on this trade.

Terry and Stackhouse are not the answer for PG and SF. Dallas itself has been trying to trade Terry for a while now. There is a reason there are no takers.

Buyout Stackhouse? The Blazers already have one hefty buyout going on with Francis. Somehow I doubt that Allen wants to add another contract to that mix.

Who is that solid defender? Jack? I suspect you will have a lot of disagreements with that.

I also don't want to give up Frye. I like the Oden, Pryzbilla, Aldridge, Frye combination. Its one area where the Blazers are really set.

So ... as I said ... pass.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Jason Terry were about 3-4 years younger, I may do it, but I'd pass at this point. We'd be losing a valuable backup PF, a decent draft pick, a valuable expirer, and some decent trade bait in Jack for two aging backcourt players (with Terry having a large contract through 2012) that we would be adding to an already stacked backcourt.

PG: Terry, Blake, Sergio
SG: Roy, Rudy, Stackhouse
SF: Webster, Outlaw, Jones(?)
PF: Aldridge, McRoberts
C: Oden, Przybilla

That trade gives us 5 guys that could actually play (+ Sergio) in the backcourt and only 3 quality guys (+ McRoberts) in the PF/C positions. Sure we could squeeze Outlaw in for some minutes at PF, but I'm not a big fan of that.

So yeah, pass.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Okay - I honestly thought Terry was a little younger - had to check him after your responses.

Looking closer, I'd probably pass as well, but I'm going a little crazy trying to figure out what "we" are going to do on draft day!!!

I just got my leave approved, so I'll be able to spend all of draft day searching the websites and blogging (yes, my life is THAT pathetic!!!) and spend the day after evaluating what we ended up with.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:37 PM   #5
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I too am excited for draft day. There are so many questions. Will we find trades worth getting excited about? How many picks that we currently possess will we actually use? Who (if anybody) will we choose in the first round? Will it be at #13? Will we trade up? If so, how far and for who? Will we get a veteran? Which of our current players will be on the way out? Jack? LaFrentz? Oh boy am I pumped.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:36 PM   #6
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

I will be in San Francisco during the draft LOL
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #7
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Okay, my two "Blazer Buddies" who don't blog here were both in favor of this trade.............was pretty much surprised as they are usually VERY critical of my ideas...........
Old 06-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #8
Myth

I'm surprised too, lol.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: