Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-15-2008, 06:46 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Default the roster the gm('s) must give karl

how is george karl still employed? i used to think the rockies were the worst run organization in sports- im really starting to wonder about kroenke & freinds

but he's coming back i guess so now its the job of someone? to give karl a roster that he MIGHT try to coach

i believe that the most important roster move possible is to get a point gaurd- karl doesnt have the heart to be a leader, & doesnt seem to have the energy or desire to communicate with the players- this team NEEDS a general, if you arent going to use the hc role for that dont you need a pg?
-aquiring billups or baron davis somehow would be great, though i do not believe that karl would be willing to talk to or coach either of them
-im not saying karl is a racist, but imo the list of players that would have the best chance of having interaction with the hc & being a mediator between karl and the players he doesnt "like" are - hinrich or luke ridnour

at backup pg, karl has proven that he will go small as often as possible- so if you give him ac, or atkins, or even cassel, karl will play them the whole game- fix this by filling the backup pg role with a rookie or two- somehow trade for picks to aquire the perfect future nug(ucla pg russell westbrook)- or even a couple second rounders to see if one of them works out (dragic, demarcus nelson, jamont gordon??)

at shooting gaurd it is clear that karl will not start jr smith, but would likely use him as needed- so let him choose his starter between defensive stoppers- already have bobby jones and diawara- not a bad start imo, but for one of them to get the "stopper credibility" they need consistant minutes

imo the nugs have the leagues best 2 deep at sf- i believe a defensive foreward and another shooter need to be added to allow klieza's versitlity to be used (4&2 spots) imo klieza's rebounding would allow him to play alot of minutes at backup pf

at pf i believe that to complement melo you need an outside-in playing pf- as opposed to kmart being an inside-out type- and apperantly karl thinks of kmart more as a combo foreward defensively than a post defender- i personally believe that jarred jeffries could fill the defensive role that kmart does- so now you just need a pf who can shoot from 3(bostjan nachbar)- i wouldnt let najera leave but im guessing he will, so now the dirty work pf role needs filled- david lee would be a great complement between melo and nene, but unlikley that nugs could get him- imo the best option to replace the rest of what najera and kmart do would be getting a 2nd rd pick and grabbing joey dorsey of memphis

at center i personally love camby, but he is prob gone as well- either way imo this franchise will never be for real until/if nene takes over in the post- as a backup to him i really want some size and some insurance that if nene does go down again that someone atleast capable could step in- i like gadzurich- this years draft class is semi deep at c and a capable 2-3 string c could be availble at #20 ( ajinca, hibbert, lopez??)

even an iverson fan would admit that ai's best years were when he was strongly coached- that will not happen under karl so we need to take advantage of his expiring contract and move him somewhere- iverson deserves much bigger and better things than little old denver colorado-

melo and jr need to be the most "gangster" players on the team- they must be the extreme not one of 10- the image problem is real- it is real to the refs atleast-

i believe karl would try atleast a little tiny bit if he was given this roster

hinrich or ridnour/westbrook
diawara/jr/b jones
melo/klieza
nachbar/jeffries/dorsey
nene/gadzurich/ajinca

does anyone think that getting guys like nachbar, jeffries, & gadzurich would be impossible- i would like to see the rest of the contracts that would need to come along with those guys either straight cut or brought to camp to compete or get cut- (j james, simmons sf bucks,kvh's contract?)

i just feel so strongly that this is the offseason that a reshuffling of the deck could really help- just losing najera, camby, & either or both of carmelo & jr will be a death sentece to the franchise as the nugs and the denver papers have worked as hard as possible to lower camby, melo, & jr's value-

i know some of you are getting sick of my build around melo, and get hinrich type of stuff- but i really want to know what you all would do to move foreward- if you could tell me how to build around iverson and be competitve in the wc playoffs im all for it-

karl will not coach the current roster so if it is your job to give him a team to coach you would have to shake up the roster right? nobody could believe that the same roster should be brought back with karl could they?

ps the rockies would be a legit contender to win with one move- half the farm for ICHIRO-

Last edited by CaptainOwlClub : 06-15-2008 at 06:54 PM.
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Default Re: the roster the gm('s) must give karl

I agree with you that we need to make some changes under Karl if we want to win a championship. To me it will take a lot to get your line up of:
Quote:
hinrich or ridnour/westbrook
diawara/jr/b jones
melo/klieza
nachbar/jeffries/dorsey
nene/gadzurich/ajinca

Hinrich or ridnour at the point is going to be a long shot for this Nuggets team especially if we want to get Nachbar, Jeffries,and Gadzurich along with that.

Here are a few things I think will happen:
The Nuggets aren't going to keep Camby, Iverson will still be a Nugget, Najera is going to be gone to a team like the Spurs, J.R. will have a tough decision on staying or leaving, and the draft is one to watch since the Nuggets drafted Melo.
-Camby will definitely be gone because of his age, injury, and his lack of posting offensively.
-Iverson will likely opt out and sign a multi year contract
-Najera was on the radar of the Spurs for some time now and this is their chance to get him.
-J.R. loves Denver, but George Karl may give him a reason to leave because he sits on the bench mostly and Karl doesn't like to play him. J.R. plays to start.
-The draft is the first place to start and we should get in a second round pick if we give up a player like Camby.

At the point, I think we need to go after a veteran that can take care of the ball, and play defense, I'm not worry if they can shoot three's or not. CaptainOwlClub I know how much you love Westbrook, but I don't think that is going to happen unless we trade up in the draft maybe at the eight spot. We should go get a center or a small forward in the draft for the 20th pick. I feel we could land Dorsey somehow in the second round and draft Brandon Rush or Bill Walker in the first. Walker may have been hit with an injury recently, but he may be a steal. I think Rush as a back up for Melo would be nice so Melo doesn't have to stay out there too long. Moving Kleiza to power forward is good because he has good size and can utilize a Lamar Odom type of skill by being able to shoot the three. Nene needs to stay healthy next year so he can start at center for us. Back to the point guard situation I feel we should go after Andre Miller because he gets along well with Karl and can create shots for the rest of the team.

George Karl likes Miller at the point because he can trust him and with a point guard like that he can control the court.

Miller/Atkins
Iverson/Smith/Diawara
Melo/Rush or Walker
Martin/Kleiza/Mata-Real
Nene/Dorsey

Smith would be a good starter, but knowing Karl he'll keep him on the bench. I believe that Karl will be gone after this year if we don't win it all. Martin is going to start because of his tough defense. Iverson will be able to rest with Smith backing him up. Atkins is a nice fill in for Miller because he changes the pace with his three's. Rush is pretty much like Melo, but can pass the ball, play defense, and make the three's. Lorenzon Mata-Real would be a nice undrafted pick up because he reminds me of Najera who never gives up and we need that on this team. Dorsey is a guy that can post up and is insertable behind a guy like Nene.

This roster may not be blown up as yours, but I think with Miller Karl will be more in tuned with what is going on because when we got A.I. and let go Miller everything seemed to be a mess. Since A.I. is not used to playing the point there is no doubt going to be disagreements between him and Karl. We need Miller to keep up the tempo and he plays defense. I think with this roster the back ups will fill in at the starting positions right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted By CaptainOwlClub
ps the rockies would be a legit contender to win with one move- half the farm for ICHIRO-
No doubt man. Not even half of em. How about the whole outfield except Holliday, and the whole infield excetp Tulow. Jason Nix was a bust, I thought the rocks said he was the next Tulo? No doubt ICHIRO #53 is going to ball in the NL.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:05 PM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

great post mile high- i agree with almost everything you said

there is absolutley no chance iverson opts out of his contract- the guy is playing for 20 million dollars- that is important to him and important to a team trying to cut salary- the perfect trade partners for us are teams like the nets, knicks, bucks,& sonics

and you really think what i was asking for was too much for camby, iverson, & kmart?? i have us trading the 3 of them and a bunch of throwins for some of what are consindered the worst contracts in the league- big 3 and peies go perfect for

gadzurich (on the worst contract list)
simmons sf bucks 9 mill a year
j james worst contract in nba
j jeffries (on that list i saw)
and depending on peices and teams either hinrich, ridnour, mo williams, or earl watson-

and most importantly i think we could get picks from this huge roster shuffle- i think some seconds from sonics and a top 6-8 by helping nj, ny, mil,& seatle's roster around- is that asking way to much? oh yeah we would have to get najera and prob diawara to nj, ny or dallas to get nachbar

my dream nugs draft

6 ish- westbrook pg
20-22or 24- ajinca c
rd 2-dorsey pf
rd 2-dragic pg

i like your pick of rush- only thing is he is a 2 gaurd in the league and he would be a great replacement for diawara - but imo it wouldnt be great to have rush, iverson, jr, and melo, klieza- your team was way too small

if you are believing that a coach was going to all of a sudden coach the hell out of a team, wouldnt that be a great time to get some rookies to mold- i have never liked a players attitude better than westbrook-(i dvr'd & watched every game each pac10 team played and do admit to liking ucla maybe the best, but)- westbrook is an athletic freak and is the best defender ive seen in terms of what i think will be important as an nba gaurd- he would instantly be the hardest working player on the team not matter who we return- he goes a 100 miles an hour the whole time and never says a word to anybody or shows any reaction to the refs or the opponent at all- saw him in personon once as a fr and as a so- never liked a players that i saw in person like him- & i did get to see oj bayless & davon jefferson- jefferson is the best athlete of those 3 imo and would be a steal in the 2nd- bayless & mayo are both good but dont fit the nugs nearlrly as well as westbrook imo
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #4
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

CaptainOwlClub, the one person I wish the Nuggets still had is James Posey. Watching him play with the Celtics reminded me of the days when he used to play in a Nuggets uniform. Wouldn't you like to see him back in Denver playing along side Melo and/or A.I.?, he is probably the one person I would give up J.R. for and you know J.R. is my favorite Nugget from the numerous posts I have put up.

On Westbrook, he is one hell of a player. He is one of the better defenders in the draft, just like you said. He may not have the spotlight like Rose, Bayless, or Mayo, but Westbrook is more of a team oriented player and that means a lot to the Nuggets right now. I have never seen him play in person, but from what I have heard and seen on television and radio, Westbrook is a workhorse. Always scratching and clawing everytime he is out there on the court. But the reality is, how do we get him? There is no way he is going to drop down to number 20, especially with a need in point guard in today's NBA.

The one guy on your first post that I liked the most was Nachbar. Nachbar is a ball player and Karl will probably like this guy.

On the Iverson issue of opting out or not. A.I. is probably going to look at the long term. He maybe playing it out for twenty mil, but he wants to stay awhile if he is going to stay another year. He also is considering his age as factor and knows that getting older will not help him find much teams especially the way he plays. I personally think that A.I. would rather opt out and not sign if he knows there is going to be a trade involving him. He is a guy who would rather choose a team rather than a team choosing for him. On the salary issue, A.I. knows it has a lot to do with money. I think the re-signing deal will be spread out to a number of three or four years, with less pay. A.I. has shown a lot of maturity once he came to Colorado and I think with this decision he is going to do what is best for his family and not moving around is the best option for him right now, unless it's going back to Philly, but that is not going to happen.

One thing I need to say is, we should go after Andre Miller and somehow trade up to get Westbrook. With that said Westbrook can learn a lot from a veteran like Miller. The two seem to have the same way of controlling the court and with guidance from Miller, Westbrook maybe able to gain insight on being the leader on this team, if Melo doesn't take on that role.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:05 AM   #5
Geandily
Local High School Star

Were boned.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: