Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Zach Randolph In A Pistons Uniform

Did anybody read this article?

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ba...ee%20Press.htm

He is more of a back to the basket guy that we have needed for a while but he has a huge contract. The only way I see the trade working is Sheed for Randolph straight up.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:36 AM   #2
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation
Default Re: Zach Randolph In A Pistons Uniform

interesting... i never liked the guys game but if you want sheed gone, zach could work out as a replacement. as mentioned he is a back to the basket scorer and he is a decent rebounder. his defense is questionable...

he has three years left in his contract which isnt too too bad, not like what it used to look like.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

8 years younger, 17 pts, 10 rebounds a game is nice but can this guy play defense? .2 blocks a game as a pf? Chauncey had more than that last year
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He hasn't been much of a defender, but he's never really played on teams that emphasized it like the Pistons either. Sheed is definately a better defender, Randolph is a better scorer on the block. Ideally the two of them in the front court together would be nice (they were tough back in Portland). Detroit would then need to trade Chauncey and a combination of other players or get another team involved. I don't know how it could work. I couldn't make it happen with the trade generator.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #5
Jordandunk23
Rockets

if it isnt straight up sheed for zach, i cant see it happening without another team getting involved either... even then its a little shady. i wouldnt want to get zach at the expense of losing billups, hamilton, or prince.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:07 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

Billups is my favorite player in Detroit. The problem is he's a very attractive trading piece especially with the emergence of Stuckey. A starting lineup of Stuckey, Hamilton, Prince, Randolph, and Sheed is an upgrade from what we had this year. Then we would have Johnson, Maxiell, McDyess, and hopefully a resigned Ratliff to play back up in the 4 and 5 positions. Hopefully they could resign Hunter to back up Stuckey and there's always Afflalo to back up Rip. Plus apparently the majority of the people the Pistons have brought in for draft work outs are shooting gaurds and small fowards. Maybe they draft a small forward so Prince will finally have a back up.

So in all that looks like a really good team. As much as I hate to do it I would probably give up Billups to get that trade done. I think Joe D probably would too but he is probably waiting for something better to come along. Something tells me he is looking for a superstar caliber player. I think he waits to see if anything could happen with Carmello Anthony and then moves on from there. There's even been reports that he's looked at bringing in Tracy McGrady. He's one of the games best scorers but I would be worried about his health.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #7
Jordandunk23
Rockets

yeah i understand that, its in my mind... the whole stucky thing. but as much as i think randolph can help the team, giving up billups would be too big of a risk. he runs the offense, hits big shots, and does countless other things.. stuckey is still young and i think its too early to replace billups with him. but detroit will not just always be an automatic eastern conference finals team, its not going to last forever. so if you think randolph would makes this team champions, it might be worth the risk.

I dont know if the rockets are ready to part with t-mac or make any big moves even though they maybe should. if they make a big move, it would be to try to attain a third star on the team. If houston is trading t-mac, it would have to make them somewhat of a championship contender.

tmac for billups and hamilton works money wise.

dat would give detroit a lineup of

Stuckey
t-mac
prince
mcdyess
sheed

with the bench of hunter, maxiel, afflalo as the 8 man rotation.

rockets would have a lineup of

billups
hamilton
battier
scola
yao

and they would have to make another trade to solidify the bench. this trades gives them (aaron brooks, bobby jackson, rafer alston, luther head, and steve francis on the bench)
Old 06-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #8
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

I will be seriously dissapointed if I see Zach Randolph in a Pistons uniform, if we traded Sheed for him I would not be over it for s long long time. Fortunately, Joe Dumars is a great GM and wouldn't make a dumb move like that.

Zach has never been a two-way player. While he can score points and get rebounds, he is a terrible passer out of a double team and has been known as a black hole on offense. Never been known as a good teammate, reportedly Brandon Roy suggested to the Portland front office that he should be moved in the 2007 offseason, and when they listen they improved signifigantly the next year. The Bucks last GM was fired in part because he approved a trade with NY which would have sent roleplayers with bad contracts to the Knicks for Randolph.

If I was Joe D I would stay away from players like Zach and be very patient in terms of looking for a deal. I feel like Amir Johnson will finally get a legit shot next year and we need to see what he can do before we replace his minutes with another forward. In fact, Joe has made it pretty clear Amir will be in the regular rotation next year. Last year Michael Curry was the coach in charge of developing the young guys and I'm excited to see what improvements he can help the players make this coming season.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:41 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

I think Sheed is better too. Sheed used to crush him in practice back in Portland. I wouldn't mind seeing the two play together again though. I agree they will use Johnson more, but that isn't necessarily a move that wins a championship. In a couple weeks when we watch the draft I think we'll have a better direction of where the team is going. Joe D could trade their first round pick and not be in the first round at all. I don't think they are trying to move up because they haven't worked out any of those players. I think they might be trying to package their first round pick & a player to get someone they know is good.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:26 AM   #10
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

i want a big man not someone who can play defence
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:08 AM   #11
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoyut
i want a big man not someone who can play defence

Can you elaborate a little more?
Old 06-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #12
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
He hasn't been much of a defender, but he's never really played on teams that emphasized it like the Pistons either. Sheed is definately a better defender, Randolph is a better scorer on the block. Ideally the two of them in the front court together would be nice (they were tough back in Portland). Detroit would then need to trade Chauncey and a combination of other players or get another team involved. I don't know how it could work. I couldn't make it happen with the trade generator.
pistons dont need Zach....this guy is horrible on defense...Pistons are a defensive team...hes a good scorer no doubt, but a definate cancer for a team
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #13
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Zach is a lazy ballhog thug. No way would he make a good Piston.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #14
dd24
College superstar

Well, it seems near unaminous, Zach shouldn't be a Piston.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #15
Jordandunk23
Rockets

yeah your right! it was interesting at first but its all about the D
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: