Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 06-20-2006, 11:50 PM   #1
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Grizzledrook has an OK reputation so far
Default Boozer or K-mart

Which highly aggressive enforcer would you rather have.Both an upgrade for us in the paint.K mart probably better all around game but not always the consumate team player.Boozer still young and shows good upside but has been injured most of career for utah.In terms of cash flow I would take chance on booz unless we want to be third team to take a chance on K-mart.Blue light special attitude in aisle 5.
Grizzledrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Boozer would be the better option than Martin right now, especially considering Martin's personal issues with the team and the uncertainly of his knee.

If both are healthy and happy, Martin is the better overall player.

Though, it would be nice if Martin could rebound better and get about 2-4 more boards per game

Also, he's better at defending quicker players than Boozer. Boozer can bang better
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:01 PM   #3
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far

i agree with the above statement. i think its too risky to depend on the knees of martin to go along with his attitude. i would rather gamble on boozer's health as he would probably fit in with the rest of the team better. plus boozer's offensive game is underrated. he can get us 15-18 an night if hes consistently healthy, which would put him as the 2nd best scorer on the team.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:54 PM   #4
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

K-Mart is a punk-a$$ cancer.

Boozer would be a better fit, but his Wife is an outspoken piece of baggage.

Another Question is: Does Pau really wanna bang at the 5?
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:02 AM   #5
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation
Thumbs up Grizzzzzzle's

I say you take Martin, use Pau at 5 he can shoot and hes faster than most centers.
lineup

Pau/Lorenzen Wright
K-Mart/draft pick
Shane Battier/Brian Cardinal
Mike Miller/Eddie Jones
Damon Stoudamire/Bobby Jackson
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:34 PM   #6
Aeneas5
I Hit Open Layups

Aeneas5 has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation "If you Booze it, you won't loose it."

If I were making the decision to go with either Boozer or K-Mart, I would have to go with Boozer and here's why: Yes both have had their fair share of injuries but K-Mart's injuries are worse and he is older. K-Mart lacks the intensity to go hard for forty-eight minutes every outing and with Boozer you get someone whom will bang and go all out every second he is on the court. K-Mart has developed a reputation for being a slight headcase, Boozer on the other hand is known for being a "model citizen" and will be absolutely no problem. K-Mart will want his percentage of the low post touches, Boozer will score his points off the rebounds he puts back. K-Mart has a max out deal but gives you only solid production and superstar attitude, Boozer's deal was only sixty million for six years and when he's on the court, he earns every bit of it giving you the inside player Pau has always needed, someone unselfish with size and knows his role. To sum things up, Boozer is the perfect fit6 for our team, on and off the court. When healthy, Boozer is definitely the answer to our low-post problems.
Aeneas5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:50 PM   #7
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Grizzledrook has an OK reputation so far

Hmm I dont know if the band wagon fans want another good citizen.I am in no way a racist but I play basketball alot at mount moria and other "hood courts".When ever I am up there talking grizzlies the guys always call us trash or soft.They want latrell sprewell of all guys cause he's "real".I fell that thug type guy that will cross you over and then dunk in your face.We thought it was goin to be dhantay jones but he has not delivered .We all thought if he got more playing time he would be a factor .We were wrong,I personally have always thought this was true also.Look at j-will he had alot of fans but no real basketball enthusiast liked him.I want this "thug player".Whether through trade or draft,and I dont mean media mishap thug I mean that on the court in your face guy.Or just a street style player that has upside like rashard lewis,or desmond mason.Ricky davis would be cool,j.r. smith would be good he is a high school guy with good upside.I want some change boozer or martin are welcome in my book.
Grizzledrook is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: