Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 06-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool
Default Swapping Picks With Memphis

I don't think I've seen this discussed yet. Memphis needs a big man and non are projected too high for them besides Love but I'd imagine they need a center like DeAndre Jordan who is projected around Portland's pick.

We should package our #13 with one or two 2nd rounders to move WAY up in the draft to grab Bayless. Plus if he's off the board then we will still undoubtedly have a shot at Westbrook, Gallinari, Randolph, and even Gordon.

We could even package the 13 with a player to make room for the rookie

13 + Jack & 2nd Rnd
13 + Jones
13 + Wafer & 2nd Rnd

I'm sure the Grizz would agree to this. They still pick up a very good big man at a cheaper price. Have two first round picks and pick up as many as two more 2nd round picks in a very deep draft. Currently they have zero second round picks.

This is what I would see happen...

Minnesota takes Love, Seattle takes Mayo which leaves Bayless in Portland @ 5 & Bill Walker @ 36

Memphis selects DeAndre Jordan @ 13, JJ Hickson @ 28, Joey Dorsey @ 33 & JR Giddens @ 55

Blazers
Blake/Bayless/Rodriguez
Roy/Fernandez/Jack
Outlaw/Webster/Jones/Walker
Aldridge/Frye/LaFrentz
Oden/Przybilla

Grizzlies
Conley/Crittenton/Lowry
Miller/Navarro/Jacobson
Gay/Giddens/Cardinal
Warrick/Hickson/Dorsey/A. Brown
Jordan/Milicic
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Swapping Picks With Memphis

We'd have to sign and trade to trade Jones or Wafer. I don't think that is happening, they aren't the types that are used in a sign and trade.

I think Jack + 13 + 2nd rounders would be the minimum we could give up to try to move to such a spot. But I'm sure Memphis could get a better offer than that. We'd have to package more value.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
Renegade
I hit open layups

Renegade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
But I'm sure Memphis could get a better offer than that. We'd have to package more value.

That, of course, is exactly the point. Memphis could do much better than what has been proposed.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Um speaking for memphis here. We dont need a center we have millic and marc gasol. We are also in rebuilding phase there is no way the griz would trade down that far for nothing.

Now I hear the blazers are trying to trade their pick for a vetran shooter or another type of two guard. We could send miller that way and something else for the pick and outlaw.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:40 PM   #5
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is considered somewhat coolKNOW1EDGE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Now I hear the blazers are trying to trade their pick for a vetran shooter or another type of two guard. We could send miller that way and something else for the pick and outlaw.

#13+TO+JACK

FOR

MILLER & CONLEY

What would it take to get Conley? I still want Oden and Conley to re-unite.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:50 PM   #6
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Now that is something I would go for. If I'm giving up Outlaw, Jack and the #13 to the Griz, I want Miller plus Conley or the #5 pick.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #7
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

I don't think those salaries match up. Isn't Jack and Outlaw only about six million?
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #8
jailer
MillionDollarException

I dont think it was to and jj. It was one or the other and the 13th pick. We dont need another point guard. Conley, gay and the fifth pick are untouchable.

What about miller and the 28th pick for outlaw and the 13th pick?
Old 06-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
iamflang
Can barely lace up my sneakers

iamflang has an OK reputation so far

no. absolutely not.
iamflang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:54 PM   #10
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
I don't think those salaries match up. Isn't Jack and Outlaw only about six million?

Yeah. It wouldn't work. Something else would need to be added that I'm probably not willing to give up.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:00 PM   #11
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Added this in the main forum.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ckDraft-080623

Quote:
The Blazers have had talks with the Nets about Richard Jefferson, the Suns about Leandro Barbosa and the Grizzlies about a deal that would send the No. 13 pick and the expiring contract of Raef LaFrentz to Memphis for No. 5, Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins.

As I said in the main forum, if Kevin Pritchard can pull that one off, he's a God among men.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

If we traded our number five pick plus cardinal and collins for the 13th pick and lafrentz I would take out wallace myself.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #13
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
If we traded our number five pick plus cardinal and collins for the 13th pick and lafrentz I would take out wallace myself.

Yet you didn't take him out after the Gasol trade?

I love that trade for the #5 btw. Its unlikely, but what if Bayless was still there. *drools*
Old 06-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #14
Myth

Ultimately it would be like trading Jack and the #13 for the #5 and then splitting Raef's contract into 2 with half of it expiring next offseason (the same time Raef's would have expired) and the other half expiring the year after.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:01 PM   #15
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Yet you didn't take him out after the Gasol trade?

I love that trade for the #5 btw. Its unlikely, but what if Bayless was still there. *drools*

I am still waiting for all the cards to drop on the gasol trade. If we arfe able to make some moves and pull in some free agents. Then I cant fault the trade. As long as it puts us back in playoff contention.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: