Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #16
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far

knickscity, i think the answer for everyone is both... the best would be if we could fill more seats without sacrificing the improvements weve made the past 4 or 5 years. but i agree getting someone like AI would be much more of a longterm answer than signing someone like penny or wagner without a doubt.

and i wouldnt mind that idea about penny and wagner at all.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #17
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They both O.K. Depending on what you wanna see. If you wanna see an exciting team that could be in position to win every game go for A.I. type. That would increase ticket sales and your win loss column. Penny or wagner would only last a few games. Nobody wants to watch a team lose. Those guys right now can't play. Wagner just got off surgery for something in his stomach. Penny just over the hill. Play burkes. he played in memphis if you want the memphis player approach. By the way did Lorenzen help increase sales? Not from the games I saw. Question number 2 why are the games that feature players like D wade, kobe, lebron, carmelo higher then the other games. That to me is your teams problem. they spending a little too much energy boosting other teams players, when they need to focus on their own marketing. No other team in the league does that except the perrenial losers like atl,tor,. Even the knicks and magic don't do that. What's up with that? I really want the Griz fans to respond to that.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 05:27 PM   #18
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far

first lorenzen wright boosting sales or not is an impossible thing to figure out until you see a memphis grizzlies season without him, which has not happened until this year.

second, you bring up a strong, valid point. most of the marketing for games and tickets revolves around the star players on other teams. its an understandable appraoch as big names coming into memphis should sell some extra tickets, but i agree the focus is off. the first season or two it was about the rookies (pau and battier, drew gooden). they should probably focus more on rudy gay this year than the other teams.

the marketing definitely needs work, but the problem of filling seats for games has a much deeper answer than marketing strategies.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #19
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Well this year they are really trying to sell rudy gay.So I mean this is the first year they have really try to market one person instead of whole team.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #20
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hopefully with a potential star rookie attendance will bloom
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:15 AM   #21
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

There doing all they can I agree now that j-will is gone there is not much excitement.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: